+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

Wow, that's so scary! Poor Shawn.

There was discussion elsewhere about how much the celebs earn. Shawn's contract is apparently different.

Shawn Johnson $cores Big with "DWTS" Contract - TMZ.com.

I remember the murder of actress Rebecca Schaefer by some psychotic fan long ago. A very sad ending to a young & rising TV star. Her death comes as a reminder not to take stalkers lightly. Those sickos are capable of anything and that is really scary.

BTW, He's 34 and she's 17. Now that gives me the chills.

Very troubling story--the worst of which is that even though the restraining order was granted yesterday (good news), the stalker's bond is only $35,000! I'm told that it means that he only needs to come up with $3500 to get out of jail (via a bail bondsman).

I don't see how bond was set so low...he was armed with 2 guns and tape.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3394686;
    Very troubling story--the worst of which is that even though the restraining order was granted yesterday (good news), the stalker's bond is only $35,000! I'm told that it means that he only needs to come up with $3500 to get out of jail (via a bail bondsman).

I don't see how bond was set so low...he was armed with 2 guns and tape.
    Additional charges were filed today and bail was raised to $220,000. Hopefully, that sum will be more difficult for him to raise. The frightening thing is that "restraining orders" are virtually ineffective in keeping stalkers away.

FORT Fogey

I hope he's on a psych hold at present. He needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3394693;
    Additional charges were filed today and bail was raised to $220,000. Hopefully, that sum will be more difficult for him to raise. The frightening thing is that "restraining orders" are virtually ineffective in keeping stalkers away.
    Oh, that makes me feel better (the $220,000). So he needs $22,000 to get out on bond.

And I know that restraining orders are that way, but it certainly helps the case that she and her family had already filed for one and that it was granted. If anything, it would have been granted after this very close call. But I agree, there needs to be much stronger law enforcement action to keep him locked up.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;3394676;
    I remember the murder of actress Rebecca Schaefer by some psychotic fan long ago. A very sad ending to a young & rising TV star. Her death comes as a reminder not to take stalkers lightly. Those sickos are capable of anything and that is really scary.
    ICAM! Reading this about Shawn brought back the same memory for me. I hope for her sake and her family, that they keep him behind bars for as long as needed to keep her safe. As so many have commented, restraining orders are only a sheet of paper with words on them. The strongest restraining order in the world will not stop a bullet or a deranged person from doing what they want to do. So sad this is happening to her and her family.

That's a very scary thought indeed - I remember that as well. She was on 'My Sister Sam' with Pam Dawber.

FORT Fogey

The Rebecca Schaefer story was very, very sad. Unfortunately, Shawn is right to be fearful. I wonder if she continues????

Her partner should take precautions as well, I think.

+ Reply to Thread