Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

PROFESSION:
    Football player

PARTNER:
    Edyta Sliwinska

BACKGROUND:
    Widely regarded as the greatest defensive player in the history of the National Football League, Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor rewrote the record book and built a legendary following during one of the most storied careers in the history of American sport. Taylor spent his entire career with the New York Giants, leading them to two Super Bowl titles. Taylor was the first player in the history to be selected to the Pro Bowl in ten consecutive seasons. He was also an unanimous selection to the NFL's 75th Anniversary team, which honored the top players in the history of the game, was the NFL's Rookie of the Year in 1981, Most Valuable Player in 1986 and was the three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Lawrence was inducted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1999. "LT" has written two best selling books (Living on the Edge and Over The Edge), has appeared in feature films (including Any Given Sunday, The Waterboy and Shaft) and is an avid golfer and philanthropist.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Sigh. As often happens, the ever faithful (to her employers) Edyta has gotten screwed over.

I know there's a general belief that the athletes always do well as dancers, but I just don't see this happening with L.T. I'd love to be proven wrong, for Edyta's sake, but I don't think I will be.

She of the fake orange tan, but lovely smile and rockin' bod, will be reduced again this year to bowing out early and then dancing in the occasional Results Show number and on the eventual tour.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Not so fast there, Krom! Last season I totally dismissed Warren Sapp (and wondered who Kym pissed off) when the casting announcements came out. How wrong was I?!? LT could be a big surprise, and I'm hoping he is. I would hate to see Edyta of the rockin' bod eliminated early.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would hate to see Edyta leave early again, so I'm hoping that LT brings it. I also expected Warren Sapp to be an early out, or at least middle of the pack, but what a surprise he turned out to be. I don't know if LT will go along with the NFL streak of winning or finishing as runner up, but hopefully he's good for awhile. I don't want Edyta to go so soon

You can't count the Footballers out because they do work alot on their footwork.

I truly hope Lawrence can get Edyta as far as Jason did and Warren did with Kym.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie

Has a football player ever not landed in the top 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye6696;3342664;
    Has a football player ever not landed in the top 2 or 3?
    Edyta was a runner up two seasons ago with Jason Taylor, an NFL player. They lost to Kristi Yamaguchi in the finals, but made a very good showing. So here we have Edyta with another football player named Taylor. I think they will do very well. I see them as contenders for the title.

Cheryl won the competition in season three with Emmitt Smith.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Then there was Jerry Rice, who finished second in season 2 (and no, I'm still not over him beating out Stacy Keibler). Anyway, Warren was a pleasant surprise. From all I heard about his attitude on/off the field next to his size all I could think of was pro Kym. Two seasons in a row she'll be out early. Hopefully Lawrence pulls the same stuff he does, but ends up winning vs finishing second.

I hope he is good -- I'd love to see Edyta go all the way this time.
    I support pet adoption!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast