+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

FORT Fan

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

I didn't like Drew and Cheryl's Freestyle, but I know I'm one of the few who thinks that. I think LT is taking this a little bit too seriously and is not having fun with it like the other NFL stars did.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3403245;
    I had forgotten that Len called Brooke's freestyle the best ever, it wasn't even second best, which I would give to Kristi. Personally, as much as I usually love Derek's choreography, I was not a big fan of it, but I'm so sick of "You're the One that I Want" that may have contributed.

I hope LT can improve and at least get some 8's and a little praise before he leaves. He definitely doesn't have the charisma of Warren or Emmitt, the subtle charm and nice guy persona of Jerry, or the looks of Jason. (Just my opinion, but the only one of all of them who I thought had real dancing talent was Emmitt.) It will be interesting to see how far the NFL vote can really take him.
    I wouldn't even rank it as one of the best. I enjoyed Warren/Kym's a lot more than there's. As I put in another thread, the freestyle round tends to be more of a letdown than anything. It's still fun and fast paced but I think there's so much more potential with a lot of the freestyles that fell flat. I'd have to slightly disagree, as I think both Emmitt and Jason had real dancing potential. For a guy Warren's size he did so much better than I ever expected, and brought the fun personality along with it like the other 4. I think they just don't want an NFLer doing well this season, so LT may be in a lose/lose situation. He reminds me of that one basketball player from a few seasons ago, that just seemed like he was forced into it or went in with different expectations and when the competition actually began he wanted out. LT seemed a little more enthusiastic when he started talking about doing it for the fans and the fans keeping him in (kind of reminds me of the speech "You like me! You really like me!") Now it probably will come down to popularity vs the worst dancers leaving, so we'll know just how big his fanbase is and how far the NFL crowd will carry him.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3403402;
    I wouldn't even rank it as one of the best. I enjoyed Warren/Kym's a lot more than there's. As I put in another thread, the freestyle round tends to be more of a letdown than anything. It's still fun and fast paced but I think there's so much more potential with a lot of the freestyles that fell flat. I'd have to slightly disagree, as I think both Emmitt and Jason had real dancing potential. For a guy Warren's size he did so much better than I ever expected, and brought the fun personality along with it like the other 4. I think they just don't want an NFLer doing well this season, so LT may be in a lose/lose situation. He reminds me of that one basketball player from a few seasons ago, that just seemed like he was forced into it or went in with different expectations and when the competition actually began he wanted out. LT seemed a little more enthusiastic when he started talking about doing it for the fans and the fans keeping him in (kind of reminds me of the speech "You like me! You really like me!") Now it probably will come down to popularity vs the worst dancers leaving, so we'll know just how big his fanbase is and how far the NFL crowd will carry him.
    Yes, there were many other freestyles I preferred over Brooke/Derek's (Apolo/Julianne, Emmitt/Cheryl, Joey/Kim to name a few), but you're right, in general, they are a letdown. I think the fact that they are not allowed to do anything resembling a ballroom dance, which is the pro's strength, is a drawback. Plus, the celebs think at this point they are entitled to put their two cents in (cough, Marie Osmond) which is usually a mistake.

I thought Jason had beautiful lines and great posture, and with his mambo I really thought he had something, but after that, he just seemed too stiff to me, or it could have been that nobody looked like they could move compared to la Yamaguchi. Warren was just a charmer right out of the box and the judges loved him, and I bet the immediate positive reinforcement for any of these athletes so far out of their comfort zone really influences their attitude and how they will perform. Clyde Drexler and the boxer, Floyd Mayweather, are good examples where criticism seemed to turn them very pissy. LT seems to be falling somewhat into this camp. I'm sad.

I'm ready to let LT go; too stiff, little hope that he'll come to feel the music.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3405509;
    I'm ready to let LT go; too stiff, little hope that he'll come to feel the music.
    I'm ready to let him go as well (although I'd miss Edyta). To me, he doesn't seem as happy to be there as some of the others, like Ty, Melissa, Gilles, Little Kym, etc.

I, too am hoping that LT is gone tonight. I agree that he doesn't seem to want to be there and he's not really putting in the effort. I'm afraid it will be Steve-O but he did much better last night and I really feel that he could have done much better than he has if it weren't for his injury because he certainly has the athleticism.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

I just went and watched Brooke and Derek's freestyle because I couldn't remember it. I didn't think it was even remotely as good as Cheryl and Drew's cowboy one.

If LT makes it through the week Edyta should try doing a song with words that LT knows because I think that will help him psychologically as he thinks he would do better with that. It might help him feel more comfortable.

LT's encore paso was worse, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3407063;
    LT's encore paso was worse, imo.
    agreed. Edyta is lovely to watch, but that was borderline painful for me.

I also got the feeling watching his encore (which I thought was worse as well) that he was ready to go. I think his ego and intense competitiveness make the realization that he will be the least successful of the 5 football players who have been on the show a difficult pill to swallow for him. I hope he takes into account that he is quite a bit older than the others and much longer retired. Since his fan base is smaller than Steve-O's (how did that happen?), I think he will probably be eliminated next week.

+ Reply to Thread