+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3383117;
    Exactly! Sometimes its a good distraction from a star that doesn't have alot of talent, but LT probably has some potential and yet I found I was watching Edyta the whole time. She wears some pretty unique costumes - sometimes I'm just trying to figure out how they stay on!
    As a dance mom I know the answer to this....double sided sticky tape made by Bunheads. Or Skin glue. (yes they actually have glue that you roll onto your skin that is extremely sticky but washes right off and is clear...you don't see it at all) I have to use it all the time with some of my daughter's costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by tmpray;3391386;
    As a dance mom I know the answer to this....double sided sticky tape made by Bunheads. Or Skin glue. (yes they actually have glue that you roll onto your skin that is extremely sticky but washes right off and is clear...you don't see it at all) I have to use it all the time with some of my daughter's costumes.
    Thanks - I've seen some similar products in stores, but they're probably not professional grade - now I know what to look for if I'm ever in need.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope Edyta gets a better partner next year. LT is okay but I don't feel he's really into it. Of course then there's moments I think he is, but it seems more frustrating watching their rehearsal clips sometimes. I did think they did a really great job on their tango last night, though it was hard to watch LT because my eyes were on Edyta most of the time. I thought they really captured the spirit of the dance and while his footwork wasn't the best a 5 from Len was too low.

And of course, I'm always happy when I can get a cameo from Alec

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3398676;
    I hope Edyta gets a better partner next year. LT is okay but I don't feel he's really into it. Of course then there's moments I think he is, but it seems more frustrating watching their rehearsal clips sometimes. I did think they did a really great job on their tango last night, though it was hard to watch LT because my eyes were on Edyta most of the time. I thought they really captured the spirit of the dance and while his footwork wasn't the best a 5 from Len was too low.

And of course, I'm always happy when I can get a cameo from Alec
    When I was watching their rehearsal clip, I was thinking to myself, bring in Alec to show him how to sex it up, and then, bingo, they did! I was a happy camper.

I admit, as a New Yorker, I have a soft spot for LT, but I did think the 5 from Len was ridiculous. Come on, he was no better than Steve-O? One point better than the Woz?? Keep in mind that at 50, he is the oldest of all the NFLers to appear on the show, and I think he is doing pretty well, all things considered. I hope his fan base saves him for a while longer.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3398697;
    but I did think the 5 from Len was ridiculous. Come on, he was no better than Steve-O? One point better than the Woz??
    EXACTLY my thoughts last night. I thought he did a pretty good job Len is really hard on him. I love LT even though I'm a Cowboy fan
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3398697;
    When I was watching their rehearsal clip, I was thinking to myself, bring in Alec to show him how to sex it up, and then, bingo, they did! I was a happy camper.

I admit, as a New Yorker, I have a soft spot for LT, but I did think the 5 from Len was ridiculous. Come on, he was no better than Steve-O? One point better than the Woz?? Keep in mind that at 50, he is the oldest of all the NFLers to appear on the show, and I think he is doing pretty well, all things considered. I hope his fan base saves him for a while longer.
    Loved that Edyta had Alec come in to show Lawrence how to express himself. You can tell he is trying and it is not easy for him. Hope he is safe tonight and the Steve's or Holly goes...........

I really think LT will be safe tonight. Football players seem to have a ton of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3398737;
    I really think LT will be safe tonight. Football players seem to have a ton of fans.

As I mentioned in Liíl Kimís thread, I donít think it is a given that football players have a strong fan base. More to the point, all the past football players we have had on this show have exhibited a certain charisma, a feel for the music, a sense of fun and the ability to deliver a performance that connects to the audience. I think that is why NFLers have done well in the past, not so much because of the fact that they have played football. I donít think LT brings any of this (I actually find him creepy), and I have a feeling he wonít go far. In fact, I wonít be surprised if he is in the bottom 3 tonight.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3398783;
    As I mentioned in Liíl Kimís thread, I donít think it is a given that football players have a strong fan base. More to the point, all the past football players we have had on this show have exhibited a certain charisma, a feel for the music, a sense of fun and the ability to deliver a performance that connects to the audience. I think that is why NFLers have done well in the past, not so much because of the fact that they have played football. I donít think LT brings any of this (I actually find him creepy), and I have a feeling he wonít go far. In fact, I wonít be surprised if he is in the bottom 3 tonight.
    You might be right about his lack of fan support, but I would attribute it more to having been retired for 15 years or so, unlike any of the other NFLers, who were recently retired or still active. Even though he is widely considered the best defensive player ever, I read several posts from people who said they were football fans but never heard of him. That says a lot.

I also don't find him any worse than Jerry Rice was at this stage in season 2, who ultimately finished second.

FORT Fogey

He's not vg and he doesn't seem as into it as say DAG either. I do think football players have big fan bases but hopefully that was in part because most of them were really good. At this point LT really doesn't deserve to contend. I did like seeing Alex. Gorgeous couple.

+ Reply to Thread