+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Melissa was only answering the question put to her. She didn't go on and on about it other than to say that wasn't the LT she knew. Tony has given other statements, as well as other DWTS pros, that say basically what Melissa did in this clip. They are all shocked about it, but she isn't the only one who has said more than "no comment".

eta: Tony echoed Mel's words

Lawrence Taylor's DWTS Pals: "Shocked" By Rape Arrest - E! Online
    Last edited by MsDll; 05-12-2010 at 02:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

I've been keeping up with this story. Seems like the pimp beat up the girl so she would sleep with LT and the girl told LT that she was 19. Somehow he didn't see the bruises on her face. Not that it would surprise me that he wasn't looking at her face. I read a report that she covered her face with her hair.
    The charge is statutory rape and solicitation. Even though the girl lied about her age and LT thought she was an adult, it still counts as statutory rape. That's a tough break for LT since he was not aware of that. He did not beat her or force her to do anything so the charge is only rape in the sense that a minor cannot legally consent to have sex.
    The real villain in all of this is the pimp! This is why prostitution needs not to happen. These poor women are being treated horribly. I know there have been cities seeking to legalize it. Cases like this just prove that slavery is still alive in this country. I feel horribly for the girl and I even feel badly for LT. Of course he has done a lot wrong in this situation. My heart goes out to his wife but if these reports I have read are true, he didn't mean to sleep with an underage girl. I don't think the jury will throw the book at LT but I hope the pimp gets what he deserves.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3900607;
    Melissa was only answering the question put to her. She didn't go on and on about it other than to say that wasn't the LT she knew. Tony has given other statements, as well as other DWTS pros, that say basically what Melissa did in this clip. They are all shocked about it, but she isn't the only one who has said more than "no comment".

eta: Tony echoed Mel's words

Lawrence Taylor's DWTS Pals: "Shocked" By Rape Arrest - E! Online
    I hadn't seen that from Tony, but when I saw him asked by the paps he said no comment. I'm sure they all probably want to be careful what they say until they know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3900619;
    I've been keeping up with this story. Seems like the pimp beat up the girl so she would sleep with LT and the girl told LT that she was 19. Somehow he didn't see the bruises on her face. Not that it would surprise me that he wasn't looking at her face. I read a report that she covered her face with her hair.
    The charge is statutory rape and solicitation. Even though the girl lied about her age and LT thought she was an adult, it still counts as statutory rape. That's a tough break for LT since he was not aware of that. He did not beat her or force her to do anything so the charge is only rape in the sense that a minor cannot legally consent to have sex.
    The real villain in all of this is the pimp! This is why prostitution needs not to happen. These poor women are being treated horribly. I know there have been cities seeking to legalize it. Cases like this just prove that slavery is still alive in this country. I feel horribly for the girl and I even feel badly for LT. Of course he has done a lot wrong in this situation. My heart goes out to his wife but if these reports I have read are true, he didn't mean to sleep with an underage girl. I don't think the jury will throw the book at LT but I hope the pimp gets what he deserves.
    Prostitution lives because of people like LT who solicit it from young girls who even if 19, he is 51!!! If there were no takers there would be no providers. He is a sleaze, do not feel sorry for him...he got what he deserved.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3900649;
    Prostitution lives because of people like LT who solicit it from young girls who even if 19, he is 51!!! If there were no takers there would be no providers. He is a sleaze, do not feel sorry for him...he got what he deserved.
    + 1

I also would like to say that it's not by criminalising prostitution, that it is going away. Instead of criminalising these women, and giving them no way out, (because that is what you do with criminalising them) you might want to put the spotlight on the sleazy men who go see prostitutes.

FORT Fogey

Prostitution is one thing. Underage girls (and boys) is another.

I'm not sure how I feel about prostitution. Of course we all know it is horrid, degrading, etc. but it seems to me that what people do with/to their own bodies should be their own choice. And, I don't mind "johns". Sex is such an innate part of the human make-up that I think seeking it out is never going to go away.

The biggest problem I have is with the concept of "pimps" (such a nasty word) because the prostitute's autonomy goes away and the relationship is more akin to slavery than anything else.

FORT Fogey

I saw in People mag a side profile pic of a very cute expecting Edyta. She and also former DWTS dancing pro hubby are expecting a baby boy early next year. Although she has a definite little baby bump, Edyta still is obviously the owner of the same beautiful body she had while on the show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I always liked watching Edyta dance, and I loved her minimal costumes. Good wishes to them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I loved her tiny costumes as well. She looked good in the photo I saw, what a teeny baby bump
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112