+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Before I throw LT under the bus I'll wait until more facts come out but it doesn't seem to be looking good. Even if he didn't know this girl was underage and the sexual act was consensual, he's still in a world of trouble (and not knowing she was underage won't matter, anyway). They said she was beat up when she arrived at the hotel so he should have known something was wrong to begin with.

I always thought he was one of the worst contestants to ever be on the show. Guess I wasn't too far off the mark. Not the kind of press I'm sure the show wants to be getting.

Yeah. As I said, best case... absolute best case... he still slept with a prostitute.

Worse if he even suspected she was underage (I actually think its most likely something he didn't even bother to think about, one way or the other, so he technically might not have know but it was mostly due to not caring).

As for her appearing beat up? Yeah, that's not great either. I haven't seen any suggestion HE beat her up, but a smart man (he ain't) would have immediately decided to bail out of the situation the moment he noticed that.

Best case for him, even if its determined she's lying about consent, he's still gonna go down for statutory rape, as well as being a John.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

My understanding is that the rape charge is a statutory rape charge, not a forcible rape charge. It still doesn't alter my opinion of the matter.
    1. He's married and was therefore cheating on his wife
    2. He arranged to have a girl delivered - premeditation
    3. He did nothing when he saw her condition - beat up and looking very young

3 strikes your out sleezeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3896933;
    To be "fair", Ben Roethlisberger was accused of rape recently too... and it was later determined to be unjustified (well, at least that's what they SAY...)

That may not be the case here, and Taylor does have an ugly history, but my attitude is... wait and see. Undoubtedly, at the very least, he's guilty of being a John for a prostitute. So its not like he's gonna come out of this smelling like roses even in the BEST case.

He is also a sleaze...enough with the NFL'ers...they are only slightly more tolerable than NBA'ers...but it looks like now golf is getting involved, power corrupts.

Mrs. Taylor says... he didn't do it.

I'm not sure where this lady is coming from. He ALREADY admitted, at the very least, to being with the prostitute. She seems behind the times here, since her statement doesn't even seem to admit what he's already acknowledged.

Lawrence Taylor's wife on arrest | The Daily Inquirer

Lynette said, “I have no idea what he was doing with a teenager. We’re talking about reports, not what we know as facts. I don’t know if he was with a teenager. Lawrence is 51 years old. Why would a teenage girl be soliciting sex from a 51-year-old man?”

She also goes on to say that the whole situation is so out of character for Lawrence and that she does not believe in the charges. “I don’t believe it. This is not my husband’s character. I’ve spoken to him several times. He is distraught because he didn’t do anything wrong. I believe and he believes that he was set up.”

The Associated Press: Feds: Lawrence Taylor admitted paying for sex

Feds: Lawrence Taylor admitted paying for sex
    By TOM HAYS (AP) 1 hour ago

NEW YORK Disgraced gridiron great Lawrence Taylor admitted paying for sex at a suburban Holiday Inn where police say he raped a 16-year-old runaway, federal prosecutors said Friday in a criminal complaint against the girl's alleged pimp.

The papers filed in federal court in Manhattan refer to Taylor only as "Client-1."

In the paperwork, authorities claim the Pro Football Hall of Famer told police following his arrest on Thursday that he had taken a car service from Newark International Airport to the hotel north of New York City to meet "Victim-1."

Taylor told investigators that after "engaging in sex acts" with the victim, he paid her $300 in cash, the complaint says. The man charged in the complaint, Rasheed Davis, had told the Giants legend that the girl was 19, the court papers say.

Taylor, 51, was charged Thursday in Suffern, N.Y. with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute. His lawyer, Arthur Aidala, has denied the charges.

A federal magistrate ordered Davis held without bail after prosecutors said they suspect the defendant forced other young women into prostitution.

Davis, if free, would be an "extreme danger to the community" since authorities "haven't yet identified all the victims who are out there," said prosecutor Amanda Kramer.

The girl, who was reported missing by her family in March, met Davis at a Bronx bus stop two to three weeks ago. The federal complaint says she told investigators that the 36-year-old parolee offered her a place to live and a way to make money.

In her account, prosecutors said, the girl said Davis gave her Ecstasy and marijuana before making her do "exotic dancing" and "engage in multiple commercial sex acts" for prices ranging from $80 to $150. He advertised her services by sending cell phone photos of her and posting ads on websites, the complaint says.

On Wednesday, Davis sent the girl a text message in which he said he wanted her to have sex with "Client-1" for $300, the complaint says. When she refused, Davis began threatening with text messages, prosecutors said.

The texts were "along the lines of 'I'm going to 'F' you up,'" Kramer said.

The complaint said Davis later beat up the victim, drove her to the hotel against her will and waited outside for an hour while she had sex with Taylor.

Authorities found notebooks in the home where Davis kept "customers information," Kramer said.

Defense attorney Sabrina Shroff had argued her client should get bail, saying he lived in another home with his mother and was a lifelong New Yorker. Afterward, she declined to comment on the charges.

Late Wednesday and early Thursday, the girl sent text messages to her uncle saying she was in trouble. The uncle called police, who arrested Davis once he returned to the Bronx with the teenager.

Police believe Taylor used a middleman to arrange the liaison, but said Friday they hadn't identified that person.

Davis was sentenced in April 1994 to eight to 25 years in prison for first-degree manslaughter, a charge stemming from a fatal shooting. He was paroled in March 2008. Kramer said he would likely face more than 15 years in prison if he was convicted of the federal charge.

Taylor anchored the Giants' defense and led them to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986 and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986.

The weight-loss company NutriSystem Inc. said Friday it had dropped Taylor as a spokesman because of his arrest.
    So it seems like, worst case sceanrio for Lawrence, he had sex with an underage prostitute and should have probably known she was there against her will (and maybe he did, but until otherwise said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there). He's probably going to have one heck of a civil suit on his hands from this girl; I could see him possibly pleading this out if the evidence proves he did in fact have a sexual act and paid for it.

Wow!
    Had no idea it was the same LT. I'm not a big football fan. But, I really liked this guy when he was on the show.
    Sorry to hear this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Lawrence Taylor's alleged rape victim sent frantic texts begging for uncle's help - NYPOST.com

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or in the media thread, but it sounds like LT asked the girl's age and she replied 19 because that's what the pimp informed her to do. He also didn't see her face to see it was beaten up.

Regardless, as was already stated, he cheated on his wife, his buddy hooked him up with a prostitute and he raped a minor.

File this under "Who cares what Melissa Rycroft thinks":

Melissa Rycroft on Lawrence Taylor: "That's Not the L.T. I Knew" | NBC Los Angeles

She's really putting her nose in where it don't belong weighing in on everything this season, isn't she? Next thing we know, she'll unsuccessfully try and become a source to the tabloids to let them know what's going on behind the scenes. I saw Tony, Maks, and even Louis asked about this situation. They gave the perfect answer: no comment.

+ Reply to Thread