+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska - Season 8

Brett Favre would make this show so much fun next season! LT should never have agreed to doing this, he isnt the type to let go enough to have fun.

FORT Noob

on kimmel LT was hilarious.

He is officially back to ahemm.... retirement - and on the golf course this am
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

He really wanted to go home and go play golf with his buddies. I can understand that. This show just wasn't for him. He went out with class.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I really did enjoy Lawrence and I wish he was into it more. Not that it might have improved his dancing but who knows, a brighter and upbeat attitude might have helped. It kind of reminds me of that basketball player from season 4. I remember seeing an interview where it was mentioned that he decided to take part in the show because of encouragement from Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice and the experiences they had. Obviously his experiences weren't as wonderful and kind as their's So maybe LT is in the "this sounded like a good idea at the time" club. I do feel sorry for Edyta, though, but am happy she lasted longer than last season. Now maybe she can take the mirror ball home next season (and hopefully her hubby is back out there with her competing).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'DWTS' alum Lawrence Taylor arrested in rape case - USATODAY.com

'DWTS' alum Lawrence Taylor arrested in rape case

In case you haven't heard by now, NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, who competed last spring on Dancing With The Stars, was arrested this morning on suspicion of rape involving a teenage girl.

Police told AP that Rasheed Davis, 36, drove a 16-year-old runaway girl to a Holiday Inn in Suffern, N.Y., where Taylor is alleged to have had sex with her for $300. Police said the teen said she resisted having sexual relations.

Taylor, who has a history of drug abuse and runs-in with the law, was charged with third-degree rape, a felony that carries a term of up to four years in prison. Taylor was also charged with third-degree patronizing of a prostitute, a misdemeanor charge that carries a term of up to one year in prison.

Police officials said at a news conference that Taylor was "cooperative" when he was taken into custody and questioned.

Taylor's attorney, Kenneth Gribetz, told AP he is "confident" Taylor, 51, will be exonerated. The football player competed on Season 8 of Dancing with Edyta Sliwinska. They finished in seventh place.

Head over to The Huddle for up-to-the-minute information on the story.

There is no excuse for that type of behavior, period.

He's a sleaze....I'm sorry that he was paired with Edyta or with any of the women for that matter.

To be "fair", Ben Roethlisberger was accused of rape recently too... and it was later determined to be unjustified (well, at least that's what they SAY...)

That may not be the case here, and Taylor does have an ugly history, but my attitude is... wait and see. Undoubtedly, at the very least, he's guilty of being a John for a prostitute. So its not like he's gonna come out of this smelling like roses even in the BEST case.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread