Closed Thread
Page 55 of 375 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3388685;
    In the beginning of each season I've heard the pros each come up with a list of music they want to use. The show gets permission to use them, but for each dance, I don't think they get to pick what they want. It sounds like they might get one selection or a few to choose from, but basically the producers pick what they dance to.

Of course the band tends to butcher the songs which is also a disadvantage for the couples. There's definitely been some strange song choices for all the dances over the seasons.
    Thanks karalott! I am so fascinated with the choreography and musicality and how the DWTS process works for timing and selection. If the Pro's have some say in the music I would hope that that helps level the playing field. But it sounds like ABC still is in control.

I've picked up today that the judges scores represent 50% of the votes, the producers don't give a dam n about a level playing field, and DWTS is an entertainment show not a professional ballroom contest (even though half of each team is called a Pro). DWTS is like AI in that the viewers are lead to believe they are smart enough to pick the best of the best. What was I thinking? The reality of it all is that it is mind games. I'm so disillusioned.

I am so glad I am so easily entertained. Now back to the dancers who make me smile... Melissa and Tony first, then Gilles and Shawn. I will watch them all the way through to the end (barring injury) to see which one wins and by doing so help ABC with their ratings!
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388746;
    Thanks karalott! I am so fascinated with the choreography and musicality and how the DWTS process works for timing and selection. If the Pro's have some say in the music I would hope that that helps level the playing field. But it sounds like ABC still is in control.
    You're welcome! I know that's how it used to work but maybe they dancers don't even make a list up anymore. I know they all used to have to come up with over 100 songs between the pros and of course some would be turned down because the record companies wouldn't allow the show to use them. And I don't believe they pick songs for specific dances, or if all the song selections are those from the pros. I can't believe any of them would have picked the Monday Night Football theme for Jason/Edyta's paso in season 6, and of course after being called Superman and Clark Kent Cameron Mathison got the Superman theme for his paso.

I sometimes feel bad for the pros because I think they can have a mediocre performance but it has to do more with how the band is singing their song vs how they're dancing.

Melisa grimaced when she mentioned the Foxtrot on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I hope that is not a sign that she is not ready or maybe she doesn't like it. I wonder what the music tempo is for the Foxtrot, can it be fast or slow? For some reason I can't get the "waltz" music out of my mind when I picture it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388907;
    Melisa grimaced when she mentioned the Foxtrot on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I hope that is not a sign that she is not ready or maybe she doesn't like it. I wonder what the music tempo is for the Foxtrot, can it be fast or slow? For some reason I can't get the "waltz" music out of my mind when I picture it.

Well, Kimmel tapes two days before it airs so she was on the show on Wednesday. She grimaced because she didn't know what it is, and also said that in a US Magazine interview. She said she had no idea what a Foxtrot is..but I'm sure she does now. No need to worry. I'm sure we're going to see an elegant, and graceful Foxtrot from Mel on Monday.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388907;
    Melisa grimaced when she mentioned the Foxtrot on Jimmy Kimmel last night.
    Thanks for the reminder! I can't get ABC because Dish is having a dispute with our local affiliate but I found it online this morning

Quote Originally Posted by RealityTV Fan;3388915;
    Well, Kimmel tapes two days before it airs so she was on the show on Wednesday. She grimaced because she didn't know what it is, and also said that in a US Magazine interview. She said she had no idea what a Foxtrot is..but I'm sure she does now. No need to worry. I'm sure we're going to see an elegant, and graceful Foxtrot from Mel on Monday.
    That is good to know that Kimmel tapes two days before the airing of his show. But I am confused how the DWTS celebrities can appear the same day they get voted off? Melissa did not act enthusiastic about the Foxtrot but I hope she has her game face on by Monday night. Let's go Melissa!

Mel's face when she said "foxtrot?" reminded me of this smilie: .

I know that JK is a comedian, but I wish his interviews brought out more info. Jay Leno's a comedian, too, but he asks much better questions (while still getting the jokes in) and thus brings out more info. I would have liked to hear some DWTS anecdotes from Mel.

IMO, Mel's interview had to have been taped at least 2 days ahead of time, otherwise it would mean that she and Tony didn't begin rehearsing the foxtrot until the end of the week before their show performance. I can't see them intentionally waiting until just a few days before the show to begin rehearsal, unless they were "playing catchup" on ballroom basics and doing exercise training before focusing on the foxtrot. Having typed that, that's exactly what I think they probably did.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3388935;
    Mel's face when she said "foxtrot?" reminded me of this smilie: .

I know that JK is a comedian, but I wish his interviews brought out more info. Jay Leno's a comedian, too, but he asks much better questions (while still getting the jokes in) and thus brings out more info. I would have liked to hear some DWTS anecdotes from Mel.

IMO, Mel's interview had to have been taped at least 2 days ahead of time, otherwise it would mean that she and Tony didn't begin rehearsing the foxtrot until the end of the week before their show performance. I can't see them intentionally waiting until just a few days before the show to begin rehearsal, unless they were "playing catchup" on ballroom basics and doing exercise training before focusing on the foxtrot. Having typed that, that's exactly what I think they probably did.
    On her update (don't know if I can mention the site in this thread) Wednesday she said she was off to learn the Fox Trot. So I am guessing her interview with Jimmy Kimmel was right after or right before the first rehearsal and she probably was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

And I think you are right....they do take some time to learn some ballroom basics, since she had no ballroom experiene. And Tony has old habits of hers to break, which in my opinion, these two things does put her at a bit of a disadvantage. It is her natural ability that makes her be able of over come her lack of ballroom experience.

I have no doubt that by Monday night she will be awesome.
    Last edited by mommyof2poodles; 03-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I too would have preferred to hear more about DWTS rather than the "same ole, same ole". The thought occurred to me that ABC is doing damage control if not still capitalizing on TB. Plus talk about putting her on the spot about "The Boyfriend". I can just hear the nagative comments now, when or if she isn't with the current boyfriend any longer. While it was not IMO a sastifactory interview on JK's part, I do think Mel held her own with him. I still like her for who she is and not what people say about her.

As far as rehearsing, I would hope they begin immediately after Tuesday's show which would it have made it Wednesday, before the taping of JK's show, hence the grimace when she said Foxtrot--maybe they just got started. Get ready, set, GO Melissa!

Closed Thread