Closed Thread
Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycraft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

I was pleasantly surprised by Melissa's performance with only 2 days of rehearsal. She's fantastic and should do very well on the show. Wouldn't it be great if she won! I like Tony, too, but thought a hotter match for the show would have been Melissa and Dimitry, with gentleman Tony giving some class to the Playboy bunny as a partner (not saying Playboy bunnies don't have any class, but this one wasn't exactly exuding it).

It is nice to see Tony with someone who has some dancing ability and body awareness. He has for several seasons been stuck with ladies that have very little awareness of how their body can move. He is always the gracious partner but limited in what he can do by the partners he has had. Maybe this season we will get to see more of his talent than he has had the opportunity to show before.

Melissa did very well. So far I think She and Tony are in the top 3.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3377930;
    Kristy Yamaguchi had a few lessons didn't she? I think Melissa had ballet lessons when she was much younger and other than dancing as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader which is very different, I think her experience is pretty limitied. I mean she will doing the Waltz, Quick Step, Tango, etc.
    Agreed, plus doesn't everyone remember Stacy Keibler? I read she started dancing when she was 3 years old...ballet, jazz, etc AND she was an NFL Raiders cheerleader, too. So I don't see how anyone can give Melisssa grief...she's not the first by any means to have some dance experience as a child.

I wonder what the exact rule is that DWTS has?

I think it's awesome that Melissa is moving on and doing it with grace.

I didn't see the show, and I never watch TB,
    but Tony and Melissa just are glowing in that second picture posted - and that speaks volumes to me.

She looks very happy to be there, and I'm glad to see him get a decent partner.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3377966;
    Agreed, plus doesn't everyone remember Stacy Keibler? I read she started dancing when she was 3 years old...ballet, jazz, etc AND she was an NFL Raiders cheerleader, too. So I don't see how anyone can give Melisssa grief...she's not the first by any means to have some dance experience as a child.

I wonder what the exact rule is that DWTS has?

I think it's awesome that Melissa is moving on and doing it with grace.
    Someone else posted that the rule is no ballroom experience specifically. I remember Stacy Keibler very well from DWTS and yes, she had extensive dance background.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3377997;
    Someone else posted that the rule is no ballroom experience specifically. I remember Stacy Keibler very well from DWTS and yes, she had extensive dance background.
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

SilverCreekLady & Ky-la Thank you for the great scs!! I thought Tony and Mel did so good last night! I am really looking forward to watching them dance this season. I hope she can take this opportunity and make the most of it. When one door closes another one opens.

She was fantastic.
    So graceful and not at all "poor, poor me".

WOW--Melissa was GREAT!!!! She just glowed!!!! What a cutie and what a standout. Sweetness just exudes from her. I am so happy for her and hope she goes far in the show and in life.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fancygirl;3377911;
    Also add to that the Cheetah girl,Mel B even Kristi Yamaguchi,who had to have dancing routines when performing in their careers. Melissa was the perfect choice as last minute replacement.She didn't seek this out, ABC wanted her. It is a golden opportunity no one could hardly refuse.
    Ahhh and don't forget Stacy Kiebler was a Bucs cheerleader too.

And I love these two with their matching brilliant smiles! Tony & Mel could be in a Crest Whitening Strips commercial.
    Last edited by betteD08; 03-10-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: forgot to talk about the blinding smiles
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Closed Thread