Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3497539;
    Well, I didn't think anything would ever keep me from watching this show after going through Heather Mills, Master P, and Denise Richards. But, if this woman becomes a host, that just might do it. Won't she every just go away?
    Ditto. Her potentially hosting, Donny potentially dancing, me potentially wavering between gagging and falling asleep - not gonna do it. There is only so much Kraft cheese-food quality entertainment I can swallow and that would be just too big a slice.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Personally, while she may get a hosting/reporting job somewhere on TV, I doubt DWTS would hire her for that. She may have a very loyal fanbase, but she is also a polarizing figure: those who don't care for her really don't care for her. The producers aren't looking to tick off people.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3498074;
    Personally, while she may get a hosting/reporting job somewhere on TV, I doubt DWTS would hire her for that. She may have a very loyal fanbase, but she is also a polarizing figure: those who don't care for her really don't care for her. The producers aren't looking to tick off people.
    True, and yet they continue to employ Samantha Harris who few if any people seem to like.

I really hope Melissa does not wind up hosting, reporting or do anything else relating to DWTS.
    My enjoyment of the show would be diminished by her continued presence even in a very limited capacity.
    Why they would choose her when they could call upon Drew Lachey I do not know.
    His stint as fill-in for Samantha seemed to go over very well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just my opinion, but I simply can't believe that they'd hire Melissa as a host for DWTS. I just don't believe it. What they may be thinking of hiring her for would be a Kenny Main type commentary at best. There would be plenty of qualified people lined up to take Samantha's place if she no longer could or wished to do it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3498081;
    True, and yet they continue to employ Samantha Harris who few if any people seem to like.

I really hope Melissa does not wind up hosting, reporting or do anything else relating to DWTS.
    My enjoyment of the show would be diminished by her continued presence even in a very limited capacity.
    Why they would choose her when they could call upon Drew Lachey I do not know.
    His stint as fill-in for Samantha seemed to go over very well.
    I don't really dislike Samantha, and I know some people do, but as a co-host I think she sucks. As an entertainment reporter where you'd expect more teleprompter/reading the script presentation vs being on a live show where anything can happen. She seems oblivious at times and I just don't think she meshes well with Tom and the judges (or the contestants). I kind of think Melissa would be more of the same. Pretty face, but boring to have to listen to. I loved Drew Lachey. I wish the producers would take note and realize how many loved him. If he couldn't do it, I think they can find other stars that were in his league.

And I sure as heck don't want the Dance Center line up broken up. Kenny, Jerry, and Len work good together. Though I would love to have them add Ty

Sorry, guys, we all have our faves, but watching Drew Lachey as a replacement for Samanatha Harris was very painful for me and most people I know. :nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

^Second that. Sure, he was okay, but it was painful as well. Someone like Willa or Jane would be good-at least in my opinion.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Willa? I barely remember her. I think Jane, as elegant and classy as she is, would put me to sleep. How about Mel B? I'd still be on the side of not having a co-host. I don't really think Samantha adds anything that would be missed or that Tom himself couldn't do.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3500228;
    ^Second that. Sure, he was okay, but it was painful as well. Someone like Willa or Jane would be good-at least in my opinion.
    I third that. I don't think Samantha is going anywhere. And I do think we will be seeing Melissa again soon. But not on DWTS.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3500724;
    I third that. I don't think Samantha is going anywhere. And I do think we will be seeing Melissa again soon. But not on DWTS.
    Thank God for that. She ruined the bachelor for me, I no longer folllow it anymore. I will hate her to ruin dwts as well. Do not to see her mug on my screen.

Closed Thread