Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3484073;
    I think PMINN1608 was making a joke about the fact that Melissa told Jason that she wanted to be a teacher while she was on the bachelor. I think she was saying she wanted to teach grade school, no?

Folks who weren't Melissa fans didn't believe she ever intended to train to be a teacher and felt vindicated when she went on DWTS and probably moreso now that they think she may try to pursue more showbiz stuff.
    Tom announced that Samantha Harris was going to perform on Broadway (Chicago) beginning in July. I don't know how long these runs on Broadway last, but the S9 of DWTS begins in September. Maybe Sam will need a stand-in on DWTS and Melissa could be it. She is very well spoken. Remember Drew Lachey (S2) stood in for Sam when she was on maternity leave.

Another thought is, Nancy O'Dell may be returning to dance with Tony in S9 since she was injured last season and had to drop out before the season began and of course we know Melissa took her place as Tony's partner. Maybe Mel will stand in for Nancy on Access Hollywood. Mel did document her DWTS journey for Access Hollywood last season.

I'll cheer her on whatever she decides to do.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3485548;
    Tom announced that Samantha Harris was going to perform on Broadway (Chicago) beginning in July. I don't know how long these runs on Broadway last, but the S9 of DWTS begins in September. Maybe Sam will need a stand-in on DWTS and Melissa could be it. She is very well spoken. Remember Drew Lachey (S2) stood in for Sam when she was on maternity leave.

Another thought is, Nancy O'Dell may be returning to dance with Tony in S9 since she was injured last season and had to drop out before the season began and of course we know Melissa took her place as Tony's partner. Maybe Mel will stand in for Nancy on Access Hollywood. Mel did document her DWTS journey for Access Hollywood last season.

I'll cheer her on whatever she decides to do.
    I love both those ideas. I think Melissa would make a great host.

FORT Regular

I for one still think Melissa was sincere when she said she wanted to be a teacher. Her best friend Stefani (the house they visited on the show) is a teacher. So usually friends want to do what the other one does. I really don't think Melissa thought after the show she would have other opportunities.

I think she would be great stepping in for Samantha or even Nancy. She is very well spoken. I think they need a woman in that role.

FORT Fogey

No way she would be worse than Samantha, and that is bad. I hope that she never appears on any show that I watch or I may have to reconsider watching it.

Well you certainly don't have to watch. Many others would watch just because she is on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Melissa is not someone I'd want to see 2 nights a week on my screen anymore. I'd still watch, but do like I do with Samantha-mute the TV and look away. Personally, I think they could do without a co-host and have Tom do the show by himself. It's not like Samantha really adds to anything. I wouldn't mind them having a former contestant or pro as co-host (I'll still never get why they passed up Charlotte Jorgensen) because at least it's someone who knows what they're talking about and not just relying on a teleprompter. But I think short of being on life support nothing will keep Samantha away from the show.

FORT Regular

From Melissa's Twitter:
    @janice513233 Just being normal right now. Think there are talks about a potential future 'job' for me, but I'm so out of the loop!
    about 2 hours ago from web in reply to janice513233
    HMM! Can't wait to hear more.

Hopefully it's a hosting gig!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict;3488649;
    From Melissa's Twitter:

HMM! Can't wait to hear more.
    I can't wait either to hear more about this "potential job".

Also someone asked her on Twitter where she got the pretty heart necklace she wears and she responded that it was given to her by a producer on DWTS.HUMMMMM! We'll have to check to see if Shawn has one as well.

Well, I didn't think anything would ever keep me from watching this show after going through Heather Mills, Master P, and Denise Richards. But, if this woman becomes a host, that just might do it. Won't she every just go away?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Closed Thread