Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

FORT Regular

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

There was 700 girls that showed up for auditions to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I wonder if Melissa's experience/good fortune had anything to do with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3467967;
    There was 700 girls that showed up for auditions to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I wonder if Melissa's experience/good fortune had anything to do with it.
    There's always a pretty large group, but this may be the largest in a long time. I think it's more the publicity from Melli.

Ya think? Granted, there have been more and more people because of the Making The Team show that will be airing for the fourth season this fall (there was also a fifth season that was not the multi-week show, but rather a documentary-style piece), but you have the successes of both Melissa and to a smaller extent, Starr (who was a DCC for 3 years, her latter two with Mel) who won TAR 13 with her brother.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

Cheryl/Maxwell and Melissa/Tye went on vacation (St Lucia) together. The flight attendant twittered and posted pics.

She twittered that she back from vacation. Someone asked her on Twitter about any TV planes, and her reply ... We'll see ;-)

YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict;3477606;
    Cheryl/Maxwell and Melissa/Tye went on vacation (St Lucia) together. The flight attendant twittered and posted pics.

She twittered that she back from vacation. Someone asked her on Twitter about any TV planes, and her reply ... We'll see ;-)

YAY!
    How funny that Cheryl and Melissa would go on vacation together. I guess that squelches any talk about ill feelings over ringers huh? I actually think that is cool they vacationed together with their boyfriends.

TV plans? Hmmm.....
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Regular

YAY!
    OOPS! I just realized that I wrote PLANES instead of plans.

YAY!
    I heard Cheryl in one of those after show interviews say that she was going on vacation to St. Lucia, but she didn't mention Melissa. Melissa said she was going on vacation, but wouldn't say where. Now we know. I knew they were all friends, but I would have never put Cheryl and Melissa together. I was happy to read that they went on vacation together. Also am glad that we might see her on TV again.

On GMA the day after the finale, she said she was going back to Dallas "for a bit". That didn't sound like she was going to stay there, so I wondered if something else was in the works for her. She also said in another interview that she was going to hang up her dancing shoes "for a while". That didn't sound like "forever". I don't know what she would do in the dancing arena after DWTS. What else is there?

Teaching????

I mean, as much as I am a fan of her (in my personal top 3 favourite dancers along with Stacy and Willa), I don't think she has what it takes to be teaching...YET. She would need to take classes or get training in the techniques of ballroom and Latin, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for her to learn about some other dance styles so that she can be more well-rounded. The biggest thing she would need though is some acting training-because that was one of the things that hurt her in some dances. If she got acting training though, and she learned about techniques, I see her potentially teaching in a few years. It could be that she may look to compete, who knows. Whatever it is though, she's got my support.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3484006;
    I mean, as much as I am a fan of her (in my personal top 3 favourite dancers along with Stacy and Willa), I don't think she has what it takes to be teaching...YET. She would need to take classes or get training in the techniques of ballroom and Latin, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for her to learn about some other dance styles so that she can be more well-rounded. The biggest thing she would need though is some acting training-because that was one of the things that hurt her in some dances. If she got acting training though, and she learned about techniques, I see her potentially teaching in a few years. It could be that she may look to compete, who knows. Whatever it is though, she's got my support.
    I think PMINN1608 was making a joke about the fact that Melissa told Jason that she wanted to be a teacher while she was on the bachelor. I think she was saying she wanted to teach grade school, no?

Folks who weren't Melissa fans didn't believe she ever intended to train to be a teacher and felt vindicated when she went on DWTS and probably moreso now that they think she may try to pursue more showbiz stuff.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Closed Thread