Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3460124;
    Until last night I personally didn't think Melissa had the potential to do anything in the entertainment field; however, when she was standing with the other two around the trophy last night swapping barbs, she was knock-down gorgeous and she was bringing on the smack with every bit of the intensity, emotion and acting ability as anybody who has ever been on this show. With some training and an offer, we could very well be seeing Melissa on our TVs again in the future.
    Mel was drop dead gorgeous in that segment and I agree she carried off the barbs very very well. Did you hear the audience groan when Gilles sald "you can have this rose, but the trophys mine". I thought that was hilarious. She really had that sexy bedroom look in her eyes that I haven't seen all season and she did it very well. I thought all 3 did wonderful during that segment. At the end of the day, even though I was for Melissa and Tony and was disappointed, I couldn't be unhappy with either of the other two winning because they were all good dancers and they were all such good friends. I just loved this season and I think next season will kind of be a let down. Pooh, I'll probably be saying the same thing after next season.

Well, the premiere of So You think You can dance is on right now, so maybe I'll get wrapped up in it. By the way, can anyone tell me which season of SYTYCD that Dmitry and Chesie was on?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3460512;

Eloquently stated illusions! This season was much more enjoyable for me because of Melissa and Tony largely due to their positive attitude. The timing and the fact that they were matched up as dancing partners was perfect. They absolutely complement each other and the interaction between the two was fun to watch. Looks like they have made a lifetime friendship out of this experience. Good for them!
    I do think they made the perfect dance partnership and Tony said as much during the piece before they danced their last dance. He said every pro dreams of having that perfect partner and he thought he had found that. He said "Melissa is definitely just like my little sister" and Mel put her head on his shoulder and said "and you just love me" and he responded "yeeess". I thought that was so sweet. In the after the show interview last week, they talked about their "amazing friendship", so I think they will always be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3460546;
    I would love to see Derek do this show But not only do I think he's considered too A-list, I don't know if his schedule would ever permit. Tony looked mortified when they brought up the group mambo and then stripping He mentioned once he hope his kids never see that. I am disappointed that Tony didn't win, but hope next season he's back and has another good shot.
    I thought the very same thing. I would love to see Derek Jeter on the show, but I think baseball season begins in April and ends in October. DWTS' seasons usually begin around March and September. He would have to forgo a half of a season and I can't see the Yankees letting him do that. But like you said, he is considered A-list, so I don't think he would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3460572;
    If show is on for years and years he might do it when he retires. I love Derek.

I hope Tony gets a contender next season but last time he had one he went 6 seasons without one again. Yikes. I'd like Nancy to come back. I don't know if she'd make finals but I think she'd be vg.

BTW...just saw a quick bit with Derek and he wants to come back next season. Shocker. lol
    Mark acted like he was coming back as well. I thought he & Derek were leaving and Julianne said she was leaving for just one season, but they just might not ask her back. After all, they have that new gal, Anna, for next season and Julianne might be history if that girl works out.

I do hope Tony gets another good partner next season, but I'll miss him with Melissa.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3463554;
    Mark acted like he was coming back as well. I thought he & Derek were leaving and Julianne said she was leaving for just one season, but they just might not ask her back. After all, they have that new gal, Anna, for next season and Julianne might be history if that girl works out.

I do hope Tony gets another good partner next season, but I'll miss him with Melissa.
    Julianne (for now) said she's taking this season off but will be back in the fall. Depending on how her career goes, we may not even see her back then. Derek mentioned he and Mark were thinking of possibly taking next season off to concentrate on their music, like Julianne is doing. While I think their time is coming close to leaving, I doubt it will be next season. I think all of the pros this season, and then Anna, will probably be who we see next season. The only one that I'd be iffy on is Jonathan.

I thought the very same thing. I would love to see Derek Jeter on the show, but I think baseball season begins in April and ends in October. DWTS' seasons usually begin around March and September. He would have to forgo a half of a season and I can't see the Yankees letting him do that. But like you said, he is considered A-list, so I don't think he would be interested.
    That's the problem with any baseball player, if the show got one (and it's about time they do), it'd have to likely be someone retired because with the way baseball runs I don't think any currently active player could participate. It's nice to still dream, though

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3463439;
    Well, the premiere of So You think You can dance is on right now, so maybe I'll get wrapped up in it. By the way, can anyone tell me which season of SYTYCD that Dmitry and Chesie was on?
    FYI, Dmitry was on Season 2; Chelsie was on season 4; Lacey was on Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3463627;
    That's the problem with any baseball player, if the show got one (and it's about time they do), it'd have to likely be someone retired because with the way baseball runs I don't think any currently active player could participate. It's nice to still dream, though
    Most sports players would have to be retired anyhow - they cannot afford to be injured for a dancing show. (and we know that happens)

FORT Fogey

Melissa and Tony--along with Gilles anc Cheryl--were on Regis and Kelly yesterday. She and Tony were so sweet as they talked about how ALL the contestants and pros support each other.

IMO this is one of those experiences that ONLY the people involved can fully understand.

FORT Regular

On Regis and Kelly yesterday, I thought it was cute when in so many words Regis said the show is over now you can tell me what really went on behind the scenes (something like that). Melissa ran over to Gilles and they were prentending they were fighting. They then hug each other and Gilles kissed Melissa. I'm really going to miss all them. IMO best season ever!!!

FORT Fogey

Cheyenne--I thought that was adorable too.

Poor Regis tried to stir up trouble where there was none.

IMO Gilles and Melissa--as well as the pros--showed what a tight-knit group the DWTS contestants really are.

Closed Thread