Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3446021;
    I thought their second dance was good, but it didn't seem to fit with the music very well, to my eye at least.
    I know they practice to the record and sometimes the band and singers will throw them off a little when they do a live rehearsal, but it was almost as if they had been practising to Ben E King's (far superior, imo) version and when they turned up to rehearse the band and singers decided to go with the Michael Buble version.
    It was just a little odd.
    Spot on. I sensed all along that the music was out of sync for their moves. And nobdy tops Ben E. King!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3445907;
    I had to laugh at the "American Dream" reference. You must be talking about Melissa as she jumped from "cube in Dallas" to People Magazine over the course of 3 months. (Surely the Frenchman with a few bit naked movie roles, who's sultry sexual dancing has made him a "fan favorite" isnt an example of the American Dream?) I referred to that finale as Naked French Guy vs Teen Olympic Gold Medalist

Oh yes the half naked girl who faked a relationship on tv to further her career vs a teen olympic gold medalist would be so much better.

I agree pminn1608 ABC is really playing up the sympathy party for her. No Mel is not to blame for what ABC does, but she herself plays in off in her spews. All about the pity party for Mel. Don't they feel she can win on her own dancing merits?

I agree with those who find her dancing boring. It is really lacking something. Her dances are so blah to me. Ty, Woz and others may not be as good a dancer but I enjoyed watching them a lot more than I do Mel. I see many complaints that Gilles has the same moves but I see that moreso in Mel. How many leg lifts and ballet movements. And if its not that its the shimmy or wiggle her buns.

Yes Ty should be the one going home tonight, but I wouldn't be to sad if it was Mel who he knocked out of this. I really don't care who wins this as long as it isn't Mel. Not because I don't like her but because of her ballet, jazz, and cheerleading history. If it comes down to Mel and Gilles, IMO Gilles should win. Isn't this show supposed to be about leaning to dance and not dancers dancing?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3446127;
    Oh yes the half naked girl who faked a relationship on tv to further her career vs a teen olympic gold medalist would be so much better.

I agree pminn1608 ABC is really playing up the sympathy party for her. No Mel is not to blame for what ABC does, but she herself plays in off in her spews. All about the pity party for Mel. Don't they feel she can win on her own dancing merits?

I agree with those who find her dancing boring. It is really lacking something. Her dances are so blah to me. Ty, Woz and others may not be as good a dancer but I enjoyed watching them a lot more than I do Mel. I see many complaints that Gilles has the same moves but I see that moreso in Mel. How many leg lifts and ballet movements. And if its not that its the shimmy or wiggle her buns.

Yes Ty should be the one going home tonight, but I wouldn't be to sad if it was Mel who he knocked out of this. I really don't care who wins this as long as it isn't Mel. Not because I don't like her but because of her ballet, jazz, and cheerleading history. If it comes down to Mel and Gilles, IMO Gilles should win. Isn't this show supposed to be about leaning to dance and not dancers dancing?
    Taking the last sentence first: if that were the case more than half the people who have been on this show should not have been. And, where did the jazz come from? She took ballet as a young girl. So did maybe 60% of young girls in America. Cheerleading with a bunch of other women is no prep for dancing in hold as a couple. I also heard Gilles friend talk about how Gilles always was into dancing and used it "as a European" to attract women. Not a bad thing, but not much different than using dance moves to hype the crowd at a football game. It prepared neither for this show.

Mel has never once played the sympathy card on this show. Ever. She never brings up anything about TB. She is always happy, some say too happy, and appreciative and never has once pushed herself to the fore. She is the first to say she is not a celebrity, and I have seen absolutely no evidence she has acted as one. And, BTW, given what costumes Gilles has worn, or lack of it in SATC, I'd say they are pretty even in the half naked contest (and he's got her beat in showing the privates).

And I say it again, such a boring girl sure causes a lot of comments and emotions about her. There must be something about Melli....

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3446077;
    Isn't that a crime in Texas?
    Seriously, I'm sure Melissa's parents are very proud of her; even if they haven't agreed with all of her decisions in the past, she certainly has been comporting herself well on this show, in what for a non-celebrity like her must be an exciting but overwhelming situation. It's only natural that they would want to support their little girl as best they can.

You are so right. LOL It is a crime to dislike football in Texas, but as long as you personally do not say it in public there are no charges filed.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3446274;
    Taking the last sentence first: if that were the case more than half the people who have been on this show should not have been. And, where did the jazz come from? She took ballet as a young girl. So did maybe 60% of young girls in America. Cheerleading with a bunch of other women is no prep for dancing in hold as a couple. I also heard Gilles friend talk about how Gilles always was into dancing and used it "as a European" to attract women. Not a bad thing, but not much different than using dance moves to hype the crowd at a football game. It prepared neither for this show.

Mel has never once played the sympathy card on this show. Ever. She never brings up anything about TB. She is always happy, some say too happy, and appreciative and never has once pushed herself to the fore. She is the first to say she is not a celebrity, and I have seen absolutely no evidence she has acted as one. And, BTW, given what costumes Gilles has worn, or lack of it in SATC, I'd say they are pretty even in the half naked contest (and he's got her beat in showing the privates).

And I say it again, such a boring girl sure causes a lot of comments and emotions about her. There must be something about Melli....

I agree..!!! I also know ... leg lifts and ballet movements, the shimmy wiggling your buns are all things you do in ballroom & Latin dance. Mellissa does them as Ginger Rogers says walking backwards in heels.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.

FORT Fan

Did anyone else notice how happy Mel was in the background when Shawn got her 10!!! She was estatic !

Yeah. I think the band should have cast all their votes for Melissa/Tony after that one.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3446274;

My mistake, I meant the drill team. Many of those ballet moves and cheering moves are used in the dances. The leg kicks, splits etc. She should be able to do them well. Also being on those teams prepared her for learning dances quickly. I am assuming what Gilles's friend meant was school dances and dates and such. Not in any professional manner. I think most people have danced socially in their lifetime.

As far as the costumes, (or lack of in some cases) I don't have a problem with any of it really. It was more of the double standards I see on many of the boards. While we can't fault them for what they have to wear on this show or in their jobs, Mel was shown on the bachelor with very little on. The majority of her tops showed plenty of her girls. Not to mention the short shorts that showed her bums, and it was her choice also in what bathing suits to bring. I can't comment on what Gilles wears, as I have not seen much if any of that.

I also beg to differ about Mel bringing up the sympathy card either. Lets see, there was the empty ring hand, the rib clutches, the I only had 2 days to prepare, etc. As far as the hometown things, we don't know if ABC, the celebs, or both that decide what to put in their what got them there package. But whoever it was sure brought out all the woe is me about her. Especially when the public dumping was a farce. Just how big a one has yet to be determined.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;3446321;
    Did anyone else notice how happy Mel was in the background when Shawn got her 10!!! She was estatic !
    I noticed it too. That is because Melissa is a genuine human being and a LADY!!!!!

I think they all looked happy for each other.

Closed Thread