Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3431590;
    Your money should be safe as she is ABC ringer for this show.
    If her fans stuck by her after last week then they'll take her all the way to the end. Hopefully not to the win. I think I've seen enough of Melissa for awhile without the exposure of being the winner and everything she "overcame" to get this far. Her jive, rehearsal bit or not, wasn't the best dance of the night, and got overscored. Which brings the judges bias in. They gave Steve-O lower marks and his was an actual dress rehearsal.

I would tell Ms. Jewel that Melissa is better than Ty on her worse day. I would say, if you can't dance, you should go home. Obviously, Chuck was a better dancer than Ty. By the way, Melissa did dance and it was darn good. The viewers don't care about kicks and arms being "marked", they could just see that she was a good dancer. If Ty didn't have a good personality, he would have been gone a long time ago. After Jewel's smart crack, I hope Ty goes home next week for sure.
    I'm not going to punish Ty for something his wife said. I've never been a fan of her's to begin with. But that goes with the same logic Melissa fans have had, that her naysayers punish her for what ABC does and she has no control over it. Ty can't control what his wife said, and the judges were meaner to him than the girl they had to judge base on a dress rehearsal and got scores for a dance she didn't do. Perhaps you're right Ty's personality has gotten him this far, but Chuck's partner is what got him this far, Melissa's media hype as TB rejectee and viewer sympathy has probably helped her this far and past last week. All of that can apply to everyone left.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-01-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Naw, I am a Melissa's fan to the end but think if it comes down to Giles/Melissa horny women would vote Giles to the win...

FORT Fogey

I'm a Mel fan and I don't think she wins. They won't want Kelly backlash again. And show really doesn't need Mel to win so even if she has the votes they could still give the trophy to someone else. The F3 all make it to the very last show so whether they're 1st, 2nd or 3rd doesn't really matter at that point to the show. The celebs get the publicity and show gets the ratings until the very end. I'm sure they'd love a Mel/Gilles finale but Shawn could stand in the way of that. It matters most to the fans and the couples who wins than the show. ABC already has the ratings and advertising money by the time the winner is announced.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3431582;
    After Jewel's smart crack, I hope Ty goes home next week for sure.
    It's not Ty's fault and I'm not so sure he was happy Jewel made these comments either even though she had every right to do so. It doesn't sound like something he would say. We can't hold the celebs responsible for what others say or how ABC handles things. It's not in their control.

I can see Chuck being upset but truthfully I don't think he was going to contend whether Mel went home or not. He would have made it another week but if his fan base couldn't overcome Mel down by 6 points it wouldn't have overcome any of the others left in the comp either.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3431355;
    Thanks Capegal

Does it appear that her rib injury will not prohibit her, then, from being on top of her game? And what dance will they be
    doing? Can she pull this off and make it to the finals?
    Mel and Tony will be dancing Samba and the Viennese Waltz. Tony said he wanted to show off Melissa's "sizzle" and "classiness" in these dances.

Tony & Mel in that after-the-Results-show interview talked about how awful it was standing up there waiting to see if they were going home. Tony said when it was 4 couples left to be decided on the other night(M&T, Gilles & Cheryl, Shawn & Mark, Chuck & Julianne), he said they had all become such good friends and they were sitting there saying "it's one of us" (going home).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3429712;
    I believe perhaps I made the post you are speaking of. IMO it is absolutely ridiculous that Melissa was even considered for the recognition of 100 most beautiful people as she is a no one and that was apparent in her little write up with her pic. Also I did not say ABC owned People mag,,,I said she is ABC's DWTS ringer.

I suppose that might have been possibly true in January--but I wonder if all the milions of peolpe who have watched her dance--and dance very well--in the ensuing months would agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3431454;
    Point being SteveO missed one night with one dance, Melissa missed once night with two dances. So tptb have now set new rules for all the rest of the "stars" and how many dances they can miss. Should be interesting.
    There just happened to be two dances this week and if there had been two dances during Steve-o's week, he would have gotten those points. I just don't recall people here stirring up a stink over Steve-O's situation. I personally didn't care that they showed Steve-O's tape. He couldn't help what happened just as Melissa couldn't either.

As far as the "team" issue, if your team wins the superbowl, all players get the prize money and a superbowl ring whether they played or not, because they are a member of the team.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-01-2009 at 09:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3431595;
    Naw, I am a Melissa's fan to the end but think if it comes down to Giles/Melissa horny women would vote Giles to the win...

Hmmm-not sure about that. Think about this and tell me what you think--

--many women see Melissa as a surrogate for themselves. So when they see her rising from a really bad situation in her "love life" to dance triumphantly and hold her own on a weekly very competetive show--then many women will vote for her as their surrogate who overcomes terrible odds.

"If she can overcome such adversity in her life, so can I."

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3431614;

--many women see Melissa as a surrogate for themselves. So when they see her rising from a really bad situation in her "love life" to dance triumphantly and hold her own on a weekly very competetive show--then many women will vote for her as their surrogate who overcomes terrible odds.

What do you think?
    I know you didn't ask me but here goes anyway. I don't think of Melissa as being anything except a really cute girl who happens to dance better than most anyone (and in MY opinion, THE best) on the show. I like her perky personality. I like her happy expressions and I love to watch her dance. It looks like she and Tony are just having a ball. And I really, really don't think being dumped by that loser on TB is any big deal. She probably thanks her lucky stars ever night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3431614;

What do you think?

Nah....uh-uh!! I think that the poster that said, "If it comes down to Giles/Melissa horney women would vote Giles to the win..." has the bigger picture in sight.

It's rather an earthy way of predicting the end result of all of the panting, gasping, fanning, drooling, moaning, and out and out lusting that have been going on over this man since the first time he appeared not only here but everywhere his name is mentioned.
    Two of the three judges are enthralled by the man's physical being. If he gets beaten, it will be by Shawn's fanbase.

Closed Thread