Closed Thread
Page 15 of 375 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by hom;3381735;
    yeah, the person that suggested asking melissa to fill in should get a giantic raise and bonus. Talk about turning around a messy ending of bach13 and pulling fantastic numbers for dwts, and setting up a great story line for the rest of the dwts season.

And of course, dwts ends on the same night Jillian meets her 25 guys ... crossover promo heaven
    Hehehe, yeah...It's getting to be like one big night time soap opera. Brad rejects DeAnna who goes on to reject Jason who lets go of Jillian and dumps Melissa on TV. Jillian goes on to be the Bachlorette and Melissa wins Dancing with the Stars (at least that is my prediction). Lordy, lordy, lordy, where does it end!!!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

I'm glad to see her on this show because she has a pleasant personality and she seems like she can dance. She is one of the few people from reality TV who I enjoy seeing again. For me, at least, she definitely has the likability factor.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3381747;
    Hehehe, yeah...It's getting to be like one big night time soap opera. Brad rejects DeAnna who goes on to reject Jason who lets go of Jillian and dumps Melissa on TV. Jillian goes on to be the Bachlorette and Melissa wins Dancing with the Stars (at least that is my prediction). Lordy, lordy, lordy, where does it end!!!
    It's too early for me to say she'll win it. She'll probably make it far but I have a feeling that down the road something might happen and she'll get booted. Whether it's overload, a really bad performance, I don't know. But I wouldn't mind seeing Tony in the final 3 again, and finally someone not named Ballas or Hough taking home a trophy. Tony's been on long enough and I think he had a good shot with Nancy at taking home the title, so I'd like to see one of the long time vets of the show finally win it. I'll say this, there are far worse reality stars to have on this show than Melissa. I was curious about the whole bachelor fiasco and since I don't watch the show went hunting for the sources. It looked like one big Hollywood soap opera movie where the dumpee comes out on top in the end and the other 2 are basically chopped liver and no one cares about them. I'm still pegging my money on Shawn to win, but I do think it's anyone's game. I didn't find her performance that great and in terms of the females I think Melissa can give her a run for her money, even if I don't care for her and don't want to see her win. Of course since it looks like my original choice probably won't take it, I guess I'll be rooting for Gilles and Cheryl.

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3381747;

That's too funny! While I am a Melissa fan, I would like to see the TB drama end this week so that we can focus on the dance competition. I believe it was Tony's good fortune to be partnered with Melissa at the last moment. Melissa compliments Tony and it is Tony's turn to shine. Melissa really danced beautifully this week and "may" have been favored by the judges and the public, but going forward she will have to prove herself again --- I think she can do it! Can't wait for Monday's show!

Go Melissa and Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3381732;
    Oh, OK!

I'm realistic (jaded) enough to know that it's all about ratings=$$$. In fact, I did read a quote from the head honcho of DWTS (Conrad something), and he said that they needed to cast someone who would draw sympathy. Grrrrrr, that irritates me, because Mel qualifies for the show even if Bach13 had never happened. KWIM? Also, ANYONE who stepped in with only 2 days of rehearsal would have drawn "sympathy"; except for maybe Holly, who has a huge stigma to overcome with many viewers.
    No she doesn't. Had there not been for the Bachelor, Melissa would still be a nobody and in the context of this show, as in supposedly Dancing with the Stars, she still is a nobody, at least compared to the rest of the lineup. Yes, even compared to Holly Madison who has been in the public eye for years now. At best, Melissa is notorious. On The Bachelor they manufactured her "story". On DWTS they're now attempting to create another F-list fringe celeb on the back of that same manufactured story, but pretty much out of thin air.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I think it is all in the timing of events.It was the drama of the the last weeks of TB and being talked about by lots of people,bloggers,magazines,talk shows,radio,etc.especially after the break up on national TV,that brought Melissa out in public.Then came the double withdrawal of 2 female contestants from DWTS,especially Nancy O'Dell with 4 days prior to opening night. They've already replaced one but the urgency of finding the second replacement was there. Whoever thought of Melissa as the last minute fill in, knew his homework and it worked beautifully for DWTS and her fans. I'm happy for her and I have high hopes for her to do well in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3381881;
    No she doesn't. Had there not been for the Bachelor, Melissa would still be a nobody and in the context of this show, as in supposedly Dancing with the Stars, she still is a nobody, at least compared to the rest of the lineup. Yes, even compared to Holly Madison who has been in the public eye for years now. At best, Melissa is notorious. On The Bachelor they manufactured her "story". On DWTS they're now attempting to create another F-list fringe celeb on the back of that same manufactured story, but pretty much out of thin air.
    I've seen the "stars" debate on many threads and am weary of it. In 8 seasons, DWTS has had many questionable and less likeable "stars" than Melissa. Every season, there are only 2-6 contestants that I have ever heard of.

JMO, but I think having been a DCC qualifies Mel as a "star", as apparently defined by this show. Plus, her enthusiasm and viewer appeal more than makes up for any perceived lack of "star" qualification. It's an entertainment show, and not a true dance competition.

To me, the voting procedure is more of an issue than the "star" thing.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

To the average viewer who hadn't watched Bachelor, they wouldnt even know who Melissa was. I know people who don't. And as far as dancing itself, she doesnt hold a candle to Cheryl or Karina in dancing skills. JMO.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Melissa isn't competing as one of the dance pros, but as a "star" paired with dance pro Tony. So she's not directly competing with any of the dance pros, except as a pair with Tony. And actually, the dance pros aren't competing with each other either, except indirectly as how they bring out their "star"'s performance. The judges' votes are about the "star" only, while the viewer votes can be for a myriad of reasons.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I am just replying to those who think she will go far in this dance competition. I dont see it happening.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Closed Thread