Closed Thread
Page 14 of 375 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3381460;
    Oh great, now I have to look at her face when I am at the checkout line in the grocery store.......as if grocery shopping wasn't painful enough.
    I feel your pain.
    Me too.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3381384;
    .....she just didn't want to as then she would have to stop getting her 15 min. of fame.
    She didn't attend the ATFR2. She turned down dozens of magazine & TV interviews after the finale. She only did ONE, with Ellen. And... she turned down the opportunity to STAR in her own reality show.

To instead go back to Texas & return to her job for a wine distribution company.

And had it not been for Nancy O'Dell's last minute injury, less than a WEEK ago. That's where Melissa would still be right now.

Unless you believe that she somehow knew that Nancy O'Dell would be injured and they would call her of all people to take her spot..... I don't see how this fits with the image you seem to have of her of someone just wants to be on TV & wants her 15 minutes of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3381389;
    To me, all it made her seem is immature and acting like a child instead of being mature and saying no comment if that is what she was feeling. But then again, a mature person would of handled it differently than she did.......JMHO, of course.
    Well, then you must think she's pretty mature for the way she handled the question in this interview :

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Bachelorette Melissa Rycroft Joins Dancing with the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3381407;
    Just a friendly reminder, guys and girls - this is a discussion board, not a fan site. You can love or loathe Melissa, but attacking other posters for voicing their opinions will not be tolerated.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    Hey guys, I closed the thread long enough for you to read this as fights were breaking out yet again. We don't enjoy giving out infractions. Please do us the courtesy of reading our site rules, located in the FAQ, before you make any more posts. You don't have to agree with every poster, but you do have to respect them and understand there will always be someone who does not agree with you.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3381433;
    The ratings were great and if Mel helped the numbers that'a good thing. It's a great show and if she helps to bring in more fans to enjoy it that's a wonderful thing. It's a happy, positive and entertaining show. The more who watch the merrier!!
    I tuned in to see her and will probably watch the whole season now b/c there are others I am rooting for, too. I was equally thrilled to see her on the Bachelor when it started. She was a doll on the DCC show for 2 years and I am more than happy to follow her to DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3381591;

Well, then you must think she's pretty mature for the way she handled the question in this interview :

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Bachelorette Melissa Rycroft Joins Dancing with the Stars
    Wow, Melissa is a bigger person than I am cause you better believe I would have said "Hey Jason, SUCK IT!"

Nothing against Melissa, but I’m not keen on her being on this show. I really wanted to completely wash my hands of all things The Bachelor 13 because I thought it was completely contrived, and I think Melissa was in on it, but now the story continues.

I was pegging Shawn for the win early on, but now, I think as long as Melissa does well, and it looks like she will, the show will completely prop her up. The judges will fawn over her, she already has a great story line, and the fans will love her as American’s brokenhearted sweetheart, so Melissa for the win.

From The Bachelor dumpee to Dancing with the Stars champion – What a great coup for ABC!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3381699;
    Nothing against Melissa, but Iím not keen on her being on this show. I really wanted to completely wash my hands of all things The Bachelor 13 because I thought it was completely contrived, and I think Melissa was in on it, but now the story continues.

I was pegging Shawn for the win early on, but now, I think as long as Melissa does well, and it looks like she will, the show will completely prop her up. The judges will fawn over her, she already has a great story line, and the fans will love her as Americanís brokenhearted sweetheart, so Melissa for the win.

From The Bachelor dumpee to Dancing with the Stars champion Ė What a great coup for ABC!
    I'm not supporting Melissa on DWTS because of Jason's (and Molly's) travesty, nor out of pity/sympathy for Melissa. Yes, I feel great empathy for her about "whatever happened" on Bach13.

I'd never heard of her before she stepped out of the limo on night one of Bach13. But I instantly liked her, and that just grew into admiration and respect, as each episode aired. The more I read about her over the season, the more I liked her. She's so real; she's sweet, intelligent, athletic, and gorgeous.

And now she's shining like a true star on DWTS, already on episode 1, and I'm excited for her! Those who have been criticizing her as not being a "star" (and thus, not qualified to be on this show) may have quite a surprise if/when she becomes a star--not only on DWTS but as time moves forward beyond DWTS.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3381705;
    I'm not supporting Melissa on DWTS because of Jason's (and Molly's) travesty, nor out of pity/sympathy for Melissa. Yes, I feel great empathy for her about "whatever happened" on Bach13.

I'd never heard of her before she stepped out of the limo on night one of Bach13. But I instantly liked her, and that just grew into admiration and respect, as each episode aired. The more I read about her over the season, the more I liked her. She's so real; she's sweet, intelligent, athletic, and gorgeous.

And now she's shining like a true star on DWTS, already on episode 1, and I'm excited for her! Those who have been criticizing her as not being a "star" (and thus, not qualified to be on this show) may have quite a surprise if/when she becomes a star--not only on DWTS but as time moves forward beyond DWTS.
    I liked her on TB too, and I don't dislike her now. It also looks like she will prove to be an enjoyable dancer, and as I said, nothing against her. I'm just predicting how TPTB will use this to their advantage. You've gotta admit, it's a great story!!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3381715;
    I liked her on TB too, and I don't dislike her now. It also looks like she will prove to be an enjoyable dancer, and as I said, nothing against her. I'm just predicting how TPTB will use this to their advantage. You've gotta admit, it's a great story!!
    Oh, OK!

I'm realistic (jaded) enough to know that it's all about ratings=$$$. In fact, I did read a quote from the head honcho of DWTS (Conrad something), and he said that they needed to cast someone who would draw sympathy. Grrrrrr, that irritates me, because Mel qualifies for the show even if Bach13 had never happened. KWIM? Also, ANYONE who stepped in with only 2 days of rehearsal would have drawn "sympathy"; except for maybe Holly, who has a huge stigma to overcome with many viewers.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

hom
    FORT Regular

yeah, the person that suggested asking melissa to fill in should get a giantic raise and bonus. Talk about turning around a messy ending of bach13 and pulling fantastic numbers for dwts, and setting up a great story line for the rest of the dwts season.

And of course, dwts ends on the same night Jillian meets her 25 guys ... crossover promo heaven

Closed Thread