Closed Thread
Page 12 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3381201;
    Huh? Melissa is quite well spoken and fun in a lot of interviews and has given a lot of interviews where she is gracious. I think that interview was cut off a bit as well so she could have said something else.
    But why say that at all, it just made her sound immature and bitchy.....she is so irritating with her childish antics. To say something like that, is definately showing her immaturity level.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by carriesplay;3380703;
    It seemed like Mel took Carrie Ann's breath away or at least left her with a loss for words there for a minute.
    I know what you mean, but to me it was more of a look of concern. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Melissa fan and anything good that comes her way is great.

I think the look of concern may have been that they didn't know just how good of a dancer she really is. There may be concern there that now there could be negative backlash because she will be considered a ringer and that is the last thing they want is for this to go horribly wrong for her in a controversial way. If she would have come out and done just so so and maybe got voted off first that would have been no big deal. With two days of rehearsal, that could very well have happened. There are some people who think she doesn't belong on the show because she isn't a "star" and to see just how accomplished she seems to be as a dancer could add fuel to the fire that she is a ringer (some are already screaming about it).

I say, get over it. I hope the judges don't end up holding it against her because of the ringer talk (I don't think they will). She got all of my votes because I think she earned them. What that couple did was quite impressive with the little bit of time they had to put it together. If she keeps dancing like she did this week, the decision on who to vote for will be a very easy one to make.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3381206;
    Have you ever seen a DCC routine? I think we may to worry that she will shake that booty too much! LOL. I actually think she will excel in the salsa as long as she makes sure to get 'down'. She seemed to dance very 'up there'. I'm not a dancer so my terms may be off but it was almost like she was doing ballet at times rather than waltzing.
    I for one don't want to see her shaking her body........I find her extremely annoying, immature and someone that I definately have had enough of. She needs to really grow up if she is going to continue to be in the public eye. Again, IMHO, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3381123;
    So what is involved in the salsa? Will Mel be able to handle it?
    Hips and booty shaking! I'm sure Mel will be able to handle it! She was on DCC and I'm sure she had to shake her hips or booty. If you go on YouTube and watch Brooke Burke's Salsa from last season, you'll see what is involved in it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jcsorrels;3381219;
    I agree pm. She is so young and full of life for her age. Don't you just love her!!
    Actually, I wouldn't say that........I find her so young and immature that she is nausiating. If she is in the public eye, you would think that she would attempt to act like she is 26 and not 6. And as far as loving her.....definately NOT! again, all IMHO, of course

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3381360;
    No jcsorrels to answer your question, I do not "love her". I find her extremely annoying and whiney and immature and she needs to learn to close her mouth, it is unbecoming standing around looking like you are catching flies. And IMO she is anything but articulate when speaking and the haha's was just one example. She is a sore loser imo or she could have made a modest statement and proceeded on with her dancing but, she looked like a fool with the haha answer.
    I watched her on TB and she is actually very articulate. If she wasn't, she wouldn't have made it to be a DCC as public image is very important to them and they don't pick girls that are vapid and stupid just because they can dance. I don't think she's whiny or immature but I did think, while watching TB, that she was not ready to be a stepmom. I don't get the catching flies statement because I've never seen her do that and I REALLY don't get the sore loser statement AT ALL. I haven't seen this interview you're talking about where you came up with such a strange impression of her because it doesn't sound like Melissa AT ALL. As far as you finding her annoying, you have every right to that opinion even though I don't happen to agree. I just really don't understand how you came up with all that stuff but it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-12-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3381372;
    I agree pminn1608. And lets not forget the annoying faces. She said herself that when they returned home they found they didn't really have much to say to each other. That many of the feelings the did feel was the excitement and hype from the show. She knew they were broken up at the time of the ATFR. She did not waste any time either in seeing someone new. She could have just as easily stopped the filming of the ATFR herself, but she played along. IMO she is loving playing the victim, IMO something she is not.

Get over yourself Mel.
    Extremely good quote........couldn't of said it better myself. Mel definately could of stopped the filming at any point she wanted.....she just didn't want to as then she would have to stop getting her 15 min. of fame. That is something that goes against her grain.........IMHO, of course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3381226;
    I think she was in a good mood and that was just her way of saying "no comment." IMO she is articulate, gracious and fun.
    To me, all it made her seem is immature and acting like a child instead of being mature and saying no comment if that is what she was feeling. But then again, a mature person would of handled it differently than she did.......JMHO, of course.
    Last edited by coastalbc; 03-12-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: add some more

Just a friendly reminder, guys and girls - this is a discussion board, not a fan site. You can love or loathe Melissa, but attacking other posters for voicing their opinions will not be tolerated.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Melissa definitely has that "IT" factor. That's why ABC wont let her go. LOL!
    They know a gold mine when they see it. OMG! The ratings for the last half hour of the show were through the roof! Everyone wants to see her!!

Closed Thread