Closed Thread

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

sdl

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3395961;
    I wasn't judging her and where you would have gotten that out of my post I don't see.....I was making an observation as I am allowed to do. I didn't say she would I said she wouldn't have a problem as I see it.
    First, I don't agree that wearing a bikini to the beach on occasion is the same as posing for a bikini photo spread to be distributed worldwide.
    Second, bikini modeling of any type is in a different stratosphere from posing nude for Playboy.
    Third, I choose to believe for now that Hef made the offer because he knew from Holly that Melissa couldn't accept, so it was free publicity for his magazine. Melissa shouldn't be penalized for getting the offer.
    Finally, I'm all for letting people live their own lives but if by some crazy chance Melissa ever agreed to this, the amount of money being irrelevant to the issue of character, I would view her as no different than Holly - for whom I have no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3395944;
    Playboy tends to offer one or two million to already established and big named stars only. For others, the payment is a few hundred thousand and exposure to boost your career. If you read the stories and interviews of people have posed for playboy and are not already established in their media carears, you will note that, they are looking forward to how the spread will help rocket their carears. Melissa should not expect much money (though a few thousands is much money for most of us). I feel she is being lured with the opening of a prosperous future carear. Personally, I will not accept millions to bare it on playboy But, to each his own. We all have our futures to live and decisions to make.

Can't wait to see her and Tony dance this week.
    I agree that there is no way she will be offered millions to pose, only that I don't think she would even consider it for less than a ridiculous amount. I don't see her as someone who would enjoy being photographed naked and pampered/ogled to feel good about herself, nor that focused on being famous that she would consider Playboy a career move. I know others disagree.

Although Hef will never come calling, I freely admit that for maybe ten million I would pose, then go on a trip around the world for a couple years until people forgot all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3395923;
    Is the Lindy Hop and Swing the same dance or Lindy Hop a more upbeat version of the Swing? It seems that there is alot of additional bouncing and tumbling around and it very upbeat like the jive. Based on the description of the moves & emotionality, I think Melissa can pull this off beautifully with her cheerleading experience and happy disposition. This sounds like this will be fun to watch and I am so glad Tony is feeling charged up about their routine. I hope karalot's predictions of 10's and a positive feedback from CA is spot on!

I'm not sure how the LH compares to the Swing, but it sounds like it is very lively/upbeat and will be fun to watch. I also think Melissa;s cheerleading experience will aid her in this, as well as her bright smile. I'm thrilled that Tony is so excited about it. I also hope karalot's predict will be correct. I'd LOVE to see them get three 10's, as well as positive feedback from CA!

Maybe things have changed for her, but if you watched the DCC Making the Team she was pretty uncomforable with the bikini photos at first.

FORT Fanatic

They dont call reality stars "publicity whores" for no reason. Do I think she will say yes to Playboy, YES, I do. Do I think she will be paid One Million dollars, NO. She is what she is.

Quote Originally Posted by missycat;3395989;
    Maybe things have changed for her, but if you watched the DCC Making the Team she was pretty uncomforable with the bikini photos at first.
    I was just going to post the same thing. She did not appear to be comfortable posing in her bikini, I can't imagine her being more comfortable posing with less on.

At this stage, I believe it's nothing more than something that is being tossed around to see if she'll take the offer or not. I honestly don't think she will.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3396004;
    They dont call reality stars "publicity whores" for no reason. Do I think she will say yes to Playboy, YES, I do. Do I think she will be paid One Million dollars, NO. She is what she is.
    TB ended in November, the ATFR was taped in January. She did ONE interview with Ellen. How is that being a publicity whore?

Now Jason and Molly were on every talk circuit they could find. They would be the ones to call that.

Melissa went back to her life in Dallas. Went back to her job. Picked up the pieces and moved on. All behind the camera.

She did not seek out DWTS. They called her as a last minute replacement. She had 30 minutes to decide. She took the offer and here we are.

She has done one interview since DWTS started. Unlike others, we don't hear anything from her except on show night.

I'm sorry, but from what I am seeing....she is by no means a "publicity whore" as you have stated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by missycat;3395989;
    at first. ... of course things have moved on from there. On the bachelor she was the most skimpily dressed showing much skin. As one who hogs the spotlight I will not be surprised if Melissa does the Playboy spread. As for interviews after the bachelor, on contract the bachelor and his F1 are scripted to do the media interviews. the F2 only does an Ellen. so the players in the bachelor went according to script. I saw a picture of Molly recently. she looked so beautiful and happy. Mel is now doing a great job on dwts. I will not be surprised to see her soon gracing playboy, she might cry wolf afterwards as to how she expected something different etc. But, who knows. right now lets watch her dance.
    Last edited by Living; 03-28-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3396004;
    I would love to win a large amount of money playing a game show, except for the part where it would be on TV. I think I'd do pretty well on some of them, but I just wouldn't be comfortable in front of the camera. Does that mean I think that those who do go on game shows are fame seekers? No. Now, I realize you said nothing about game shows contestants, but I think its a fair analogy - it just isn't as prolonged and you don't have to sign your life away (I don't think).

I happen to enjoy a number of reality shows (duh! funny site to be on if I didn't ), but if I thought of every contestant and just a publicity whore, I don't think I'd enjoy watching them. Some of the contestants are, of course, and those are usually the ones that appeal to me the least. Obviously, you have to have a certain comfort level with being on camera, but why does that make one more of a publicity whore than anyone else on TV? I mean, is Tom Bergeron in this business because he wants to live life anonymously? How about the judges and the pros?

For DWTS in particular, even those who have achieved genuine fame prior to being on this show have pretty much without exception described the experience as one of the best of their lives, so why is it so hard for people to believe it isn't all about just trying to be famous and get publicity? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3396019;
    I would love to win a large amount of money playing a game show, except for the part where it would be on TV. I think I'd do pretty well on some of them, but I just wouldn't be comfortable in front of the camera. Does that mean I think that those who do go on game shows are fame seekers? No. Now, I realize you said nothing about game shows contestants, but I think its a fair analogy - it just isn't as prolonged and you don't have to sign your life away (I don't think).

I happen to enjoy a number of reality shows (duh! funny site to be on if I didn't ), but if I thought of every contestant and just a publicity whore, I don't think I'd enjoy watching them. Some of the contestants are, of course, and those are usually the ones that appeal to me the least. Obviously, you have to have a certain comfort level with being on camera, but why does that make one more of a publicity whore than anyone else on TV? I mean, is Tom Bergeron in this business because he wants to live life anonymously? How about the judges and the pros?

For DWTS in particular, even those who have achieved genuine fame prior to being on this show have pretty much without exception described the experience as one of the best of their lives, so why is it so hard for people to believe it isn't all about just trying to be famous and get publicity? I just don't get it.

ICAM. I think most people go on these shows for the adventure of it and to possible win the "prize".

Closed Thread