+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3401589;
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, and I would personally be happy with this final three, but I think CA was referring to this week only. I don't think she would make a prediction this early anyway since she is a judge and must appear not to have made her mind up.
    You may be absolutely right, but what gave me a moment's pause and caused me to wonder if Carrie Ann was already mentally seeing Lil Kim in the top 3 was this first line:

"This week was an exciting week. There were performances that really shifted the dynamic of who is who in the top three contestants and why they are there."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3401598;
    You may be absolutely right, but what gave me a moment's pause and caused me to wonder if Carrie Ann was already mentally seeing Lil Kim in the top 3 was this first line:

"This week was an exciting week. There were performances that really shifted the dynamic of who is who in the top three contestants and why they are there."
    I went back and the original poster said CA was interviewed on E! so I guess she did make the prediction, my apologies. Well, let's hope she knows what she's talking about! I like Shawn but Lil'Kim brings an interesting dynamic to that final three, and can you imagine their freestyle?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have my own personal favorites I want to see make the top 3, but I still think it's too early to tell. Fanbase wise it's obvious who's out in front and that will play a bigger factor than who's the better dancer. I haven't been overly impressed with Shawn like I thought I would but I still wouldn't count her out for that reason alone. I've enjoyed Lil Kim's past 2 performances, but there's still a lot more to come. I wouldn't have mind having a Hough/Ballas free finale but since I think Cheryl is one of the freestyle queens I'd love to see her go up against Derek (even though I thought his freestyle last year sucked). Anyway, I think there's a strong possibility she might make it, but people love Ty, so he may end up bumping her out of the top 4 all together if Shawn's fans keep her in. I think she's a good bet to last a few more weeks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3401637;
    I have my own personal favorites I want to see make the top 3, but I still think it's too early to tell. Fanbase wise it's obvious who's out in front and that will play a bigger factor than who's the better dancer. I haven't been overly impressed with Shawn like I thought I would but I still wouldn't count her out for that reason alone. I've enjoyed Lil Kim's past 2 performances, but there's still a lot more to come. I wouldn't have mind having a Hough/Ballas free finale but since I think Cheryl is one of the freestyle queens I'd love to see her go up against Derek (even though I thought his freestyle last year sucked). Anyway, I think there's a strong possibility she might make it, but people love Ty, so he may end up bumping her out of the top 4 all together if Shawn's fans keep her in. I think she's a good bet to last a few more weeks, though.
    We still haven't seen any evidence that Ty can do sexy latin, so I wouldn't put him in the top 4 yet. Of the 3 vying for the last final 3 spot (assuming Gilles and Melissa are shoo-ins), Lil Kim probably has the smallest fan base, so she is going to have to outdance the other two by a significant margin.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3400963;
    Indeed. Who knows, Martha Stewart may do the show someday too.
    Dear God no!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3401659;
    We still haven't seen any evidence that Ty can do sexy latin, so I wouldn't put him in the top 4 yet. Of the 3 vying for the last final 3 spot (assuming Gilles and Melissa are shoo-ins), Lil Kim probably has the smallest fan base, so she is going to have to outdance the other two by a significant margin.
    But to Ty's fans that may not matter. If he can keep his good ol'boy routine and put together a decent routine, even if he doesn't quite pull off the character, that may be enough to get him through. I'd forgotten about Chuck (who hasn't) but Julianne is very popular and while Lil Kim is definitely a better dancer and more memorable than Chuck, who has the more popular Hough may factor in there, too. It's hard to say. I won't even guarantee Gilles or Melissa in the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3401687;
    But to Ty's fans that may not matter. If he can keep his good ol'boy routine and put together a decent routine, even if he doesn't quite pull off the character, that may be enough to get him through. I'd forgotten about Chuck (who hasn't) but Julianne is very popular and while Lil Kim is definitely a better dancer and more memorable than Chuck, who has the more popular Hough may factor in there, too. It's hard to say. I won't even guarantee Gilles or Melissa in the final 3.
    I agree that this season could be the least predictible, because with most of these non-celebs, the fan bases are enthusiastic at the moment but not long-established, and could shift depending on the dancing and any image blunders that may happen. This may or may not affect Ty; he has a lot of new fans, but will they stick with him if he starts to, pardon my French, suck? Maybe they will, but if his judges' scores take a beating, the fans might not be able to save him. Could all be a moot point, maybe now that he's more comfortable, the inner "Latin Lovah" will emerge and surprise us all.

What has impressed me about Lil Kim is her equal ease in both ballroom and latin. Was not expecting it!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3401637;
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been overly impressed with Shawn. However, it is still early. Lil' Kim is better than I thought she'd be. It's going to be a fun season!

I really enjoyed Lil Kim's dance. So much so that I voted for her twice. The others I voted for only received one vote from me. I think had she gone later in the evening she may have gotten higher scores.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3400568;
    I hope after this week Derek will have a better appreciation of what Lil's capable of. I did not see a hip hop artist, I saw a dancer, a bloody good one at that.
    I find Derek to be an exceptional dancer and it must be very tempting for him to show what he can do which can lead to him out-shining his partners.
    I wasn't a great fan of Brooke's last season, I found her a little feeble at times, but Lil seems to have the physical strength to keep up with him.
    Excellent points. I hope you're right. I like many of the pros, but I don't vote for them - I vote for the stars. Lil Kim really impressed me with her AT, and I am looking forward to seeing what she can do with the other dances.

+ Reply to Thread