+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

I started out this season prepared to find Lil Kim at the bottom of my favorites list and her comment about dedicating her first dance to "her girls" in jail didn't help much. I admit that her having been in jail DID affect my attitude towards her at the beginning.

That said, she's certainly won me over. She can DANCE, and she's very, very good. Who am I to look down on someone who has made mistakes and paid their dues?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3400902;
    I started out this season prepared to find Lil Kim at the bottom of my favorites list and her comment about dedicating her first dance to "her girls" in jail didn't help much. I admit that her having been in jail DID affect my attitude towards her at the beginning.

That said, she's certainly won me over. She can DANCE, and she's very, very good. Who am I to look down on someone who has made mistakes and paid their dues?
    Indeed. Who knows, Martha Stewart may do the show someday too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Martha would be pressing all the costumes before the show and making appetizers. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3400772;
    Kim caused me to do something this week that I've never done in my life...VOTE!

I went to ABC.com and made an account, only to find I'd made one years ago and forgotten. So, I voted with both accounts and split the votes between Kim and Gilles. Kim didn't seem to have the fan support before this week, but I think that's been taken care of with her tango.
    Guess its time I opened an account too. Never voted.. bad, must vote for Lil'Kim.

Last night's E! News had a brief recap of Tuesday's elimination show. The host asked Carrie Ann who she thought would make it to the final 3, and CA said Gilles, Melissa, and Lil' Kim!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3401330;
    Last night's E! News had a brief recap of Tuesday's elimination show. The host asked Carrie Ann who she thought would make it to the final 3, and CA said Gilles, Melissa, and Lil' Kim!
    Whopeee!. Thanks for the information.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3401330;
    From Carrie Ann's blog on EW:

This week was an exciting week. There were performances that really shifted the dynamic of who is who in the top three contestants and why they are there. Lil' Kim really came out from behind and pushed her way past Shawn Johnson to secure a nice spot in the top three. She proved herself with that incredible routine choreographed by Derek Hough. Her sophisticated side came out in the Argentine Tango and I think she has found a new side of herself as a performer. With Lil’ Kim, I have to say that I am very curious to see where her career will go after this season. No matter where she ends up in our show, I do believe that she will have rejuvenated her career and will have many opportunities open up to her if she continues like this, unveiling layers and unearthing new facets of her performing persona.

Thanks for posting CA's blog. Nice things she said about Lil' Kim.

FORT Fogey

I'm loving seeing Kim develop in the way she has been. It sems she is surprising herself too.

Very cool to see someone blossom in that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3401446;
    From Carrie Ann's blog on EW:

This week was an exciting week. There were performances that really shifted the dynamic of who is who in the top three contestants and why they are there. Lil' Kim really came out from behind and pushed her way past Shawn Johnson to secure a nice spot in the top three. She proved herself with that incredible routine choreographed by Derek Hough. Her sophisticated side came out in the Argentine Tango and I think she has found a new side of herself as a performer. With Lil’ Kim, I have to say that I am very curious to see where her career will go after this season. No matter where she ends up in our show, I do believe that she will have rejuvenated her career and will have many opportunities open up to her if she continues like this, unveiling layers and unearthing new facets of her performing persona.
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, and I would personally be happy with this final three, but I think CA was referring to this week only. I don't think she would make a prediction this early anyway since she is a judge and must appear not to have made her mind up.

+ Reply to Thread