+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3398462;
    Okay, she went to jail and paid her dues. The new Lil Kim now it totally different fromt the old Lil Kim. I'm way proud of her and hopes she continues to do well!
    Not saying you are directing this toward my comment, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway.

Her being incarcerated has absolutely no bearing on my not liking her past performances. It may for other people, but not me. Last night she was superb and felt moved enough to post such.

After having another look at the dances while ocusing my attention soley on the Stars, I'm even more impressed with Lil Kim's performance.

I thought they were fantastic this week.
    They got everything right, imo.
    From the outfits, to Lil's hair to the choreography.
    We watched in silence and when it was over my husband said "Wow, let's play that back again."
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3400228;
    We watched in silence and when it was over my husband said "Wow, let's play that back again."
    Yes, that is why I put Lil'Kim and Gilles as the two best dances of the week. Ty came close. I'm rooting for Derek and Lil'Kim, but Gilles's performance just blows me away.

Last week I posted that I was disappointed in Derek because he was outdancing his partner and not stretching her enough. I think the judges called him out on it and this week he just outshone himself. Just as Gilles attributes his success to Cheryl, Lil'Kim is getting good instruction from Derek. I really will like these two in the final 2. That will be a real competition. The flair, the passion and style. It will be good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3400228;
    Same here. I had to play it back a second time and after the results show last night, my daughter wanted to see it again. Their scores should have been higher, IMO.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Oh and no, I wasn't directing anything at your post parkhillianjust clearing that up too!I was just getting out how I feel about her!

Can't wait to see the dance this week, well er, next week!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I honestly don't know about Lil' Kim's fanbase, but Derek has a large following. He's been one of my faves since he came to the show.

This pairing has surprised me the most thus far, and I have to hand it to Derek for pulling out such a great performance from Lil Kim. If you had asked me if she would have been able to pull that off a couple of weeks ago, I'd have said no.

I really hope they make it to F4.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3400523;
    I honestly don't know about Lil' Kim's fanbase, but Derek has a large following. He's been one of my faves since he came to the show.

This pairing has surprised me the most thus far, and I have to hand it to Derek for pulling out such a great performance from Lil Kim. If you had asked me if she would have been able to pull that off a couple of weeks ago, I'd have said no.

I really hope they make it to F4.
    LilíKim is versatile and open. I knew she could pull it off. Derek has seemed very absent minded this season and I felt quite disappointed with him. This last week he showed what he could do. I felt like he did not think LilíKim was capable so he was not testing her. Now he realizes she can, so I hope he really takes their dancing to higher levels.

I know they can make it to F3 dance wise

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3400294;
    Yes, that is why I put Lil'Kim and Gilles as the two best dances of the week. Ty came close. I'm rooting for Derek and Lil'Kim, but Gilles's performance just blows me away.

Last week I posted that I was disappointed in Derek because he was outdancing his partner and not stretching her enough. I think the judges called him out on it and this week he just outshone himself. Just as Gilles attributes his success to Cheryl, Lil'Kim is getting good instruction from Derek. I really will like these two in the final 2. That will be a real competition. The flair, the passion and style. It will be good to watch.
    I hope after this week Derek will have a better appreciation of what Lil's capable of.
    I did not see a hip hop artist, I saw a dancer, a bloody good one at that.
    I find Derek to be an exceptional dancer and it must be very tempting for him to show what he can do which can lead to him out-shining his partners.
    I wasn't a great fan of Brooke's last season, I found her a little feeble at times, but Lil seems to have the physical strength to keep up with him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Kim caused me to do something this week that I've never done in my life...VOTE!

I went to ABC.com and made an account, only to find I'd made one years ago and forgotten. So, I voted with both accounts and split the votes between Kim and Gilles. Kim didn't seem to have the fan support before this week, but I think that's been taken care of with her tango.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread