+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 298

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

  1. #41
    FORT Fan FableChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    291

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3394117;
    I don't see her making the F4 either.
    I actually thought she had a chance at being in the semi finals, but if Ty keeps improving like he is, I think he might just edge her out.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

  2. #42
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Ty could edge her out as he's most improved and people have really taken to Ty and Chelsie. You also discount LT either because football players have very loyal fan bases. Her dancing is better than both thus far so it will be interesting to see.

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    What bothers me is Lil'Kim doing the AT with her mouth open. Basically the three I really watch are Lil'Kim, Gilles and Melissa. This week I am really not looking forward to the dances. Watching Lil'Kim with a serious expression and open mouth and Melissa doing the LH jumping all over the place with an open mouth. At least there will be Gilles who I can ogle at and not dwell on the others. I hope someone tells these two to close their mouths while they dance. It takes away from the dance.

  4. #44
    FORT Fan TonyDovolaniFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    371

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3395626;
    Ty could edge her out as he's most improved and people have really taken to Ty and Chelsie. You also discount LT either because football players have very loyal fan bases. Her dancing is better than both thus far so it will be interesting to see.
    I've been thinking about that, too. Especially LT edging her out since football players have large fan bases. I don't think his dancing is good enough for the finals at this point, but we still have several weeks to go. Plus, as we know, sometimes the ones who go far get there because of their fan bases, not their dancing.

  5. #45
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3395991;
    I've been thinking about that, too. Especially LT edging her out since football players have large fan bases. I don't think his dancing is good enough for the finals at this point, but we still have several weeks to go. Plus, as we know, sometimes the ones who go far get there because of their fan bases, not their dancing.
    Grrr - wish this weren't the case. Oh well, democracy in action, I guess.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3396040;
    Grrr - wish this weren't the case. Oh well, democracy in action, I guess.
    sometimes I wonder if that is really true because as a presenter and model I did not think Brook Burke had a large fan base and she won last season. I feel the producers have a lot to do with who wins. They can say all they want about the voting but it is obvious from the judges scoring that there is some favoritism.

  7. #47
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Living;3396064;
    sometimes I wonder if that is really true because as a presenter and model I did not think Brook Burke had a large fan base and she won last season. I feel the producers have a lot to do with who wins. They can say all they want about the voting but it is obvious from the judges scoring that there is some favoritism.
    Plus, I think Brooke lucked out with Derek as her partner. She had illegal lifts, during the samba dance off between the final 3 it looked like she lost her place for a minute, but nothing was ever said. I thought she was overrated, and never expected her to win, let alone make it to the final 3. I can't remember where I read it, as it was back after season 5, but there was speculation after Helio beat Mel that the producers have the right to change things up whenever they want and without advanced notice to the couples, and they reserve the right to manipulate the voting format to keep the show interesting. As some have pointed out, sometimes the best dancers are the most boring to watch, and Brooke was a good example, but she was with fan favorite Hough, who watched both his sister and BFF win the 3 seasons previous.

  8. #48
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,184

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Have to admit, the combo of Lil' Kim and Derek have surprised me.

    Didn't think I would, but I actually find myself liking her (she's grown on me kind of in the same way that Mel B grew on me). Plus, she can dance, and is not afraid to run with anything Derek throws her way.

    Win? Nope, don't think so. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make F4.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  9. #49
    FORT Fan TonyDovolaniFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    371

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3396069;
    Plus, I think Brooke lucked out with Derek as her partner. She had illegal lifts, during the samba dance off between the final 3 it looked like she lost her place for a minute, but nothing was ever said. I thought she was overrated, and never expected her to win, let alone make it to the final 3. I can't remember where I read it, as it was back after season 5, but there was speculation after Helio beat Mel that the producers have the right to change things up whenever they want and without advanced notice to the couples, and they reserve the right to manipulate the voting format to keep the show interesting. As some have pointed out, sometimes the best dancers are the most boring to watch, and Brooke was a good example, but she was with fan favorite Hough, who watched both his sister and BFF win the 3 seasons previous.
    That's very interesting, the speculation about the producers reserving the rights to manipulate votes. I've never heard that before, although a part of me has sometimes wondered if they do tweak the votes.

    I had never heard of Brooke before DWTS, but after my favorite got eliminated, I voted for her because of the remaining pairs, her dancing was the one I enjoyed the most.

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3395610;
    I actually thought she had a chance at being in the semi finals, but if Ty keeps improving like he is, I think he might just edge her out.

    I base my opinion on the fact that the top 4 is dictated by VOTES as much as by scores. Melissa seems a shoo-in for top4, Shawn has the abilty and the popularity to make top4, Gilles has the ability and the sex appeal=votes, Ty has the come from behind, growing capability and personality to garner the scores and the votes. There are others, but this is why I don't think L'il Kim will make top 4.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.