+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Pointing that out doesn't really make people feel better about it, though. She's still gone.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3439083;
    Derek, Julianne and Mark all asking their fans to support the other one when they go really is nothing new. This has happened in seasons past as well. It's a nice advantage for the 3 of them because the other pros don't have that with one another.
    Maks asked us to vote for Woz and Karina--I'm sure I've seen it done before also. I doubt it changes many votes anyway.
    I was sorry to see 'Lil Kim go, as she was my favorite in the past few weeks.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3440047;
    Pointing that out doesn't really make people feel better about it, though. She's still gone.
    <sigh> You're right, and I understand disappointment. However, sometimes it helps to know that there wasn't deception and dishonesty involved.

She gave it her best shot, and in one interview she mentioned how many new fans she has picked up - people who didn't know her before ( her words) - so I really think that her fans may be more hurt and disappointed than she is!
    She may have accomplished pretty much what she set out to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3440040;
    Hey! I thought she was a fun dancer to watch and really very, very good at times. However, in visiting other sites I see that there are people who feel that TPTB took it upon themselves to decide that Lil Kim was going despite her scores and despite a lot of fan votes ( which we don't actually see). These people are very bitter, and I really don't think they quite understand.
    If you watch any sort of tv game show,etc the small print tells you that the show has the right to decide the winner. I am paraphrasing but in the small print it is there.

In the Insurance industry we always say "The large Print giveth and the small Print taketh away." just sayin
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Best dancers don't always win the show and the better dancers don't always make the finale either. It just goes with the show and happens just about every season.

LK handled herself beautifully on the show and I really think some nice opportunities will come her way because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3440066;
    Best dancers don't always win the show and the better dancers don't always make the finale either. It just goes with the show and happens just about every season.

LK handled herself beautifully on the show and I really think some nice opportunities will come her way because of it.
    I thought she exited in a classy way, too. I'll miss her dancing.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I had a negative opinion of Lil Kim before the season started.
    After seeing how hard she worked, how good she was & how much fun she was, I changed my tune.
    Her personality came out & I loved what I saw. She seems like a nice fun person with a good work ethic. The other dancers seemed to genuinely like her too.
    She also became an excellent dancer. I was hoping for at least top 3 for her.
    I'll miss her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3440059;
    If you watch any sort of tv game show,etc the small print tells you that the show has the right to decide the winner. I am paraphrasing but in the small print it is there.

In the Insurance industry we always say "The large Print giveth and the small Print taketh away." just sayin
    There could conceivably ( but certainly no way to prove it) be the chance that the producers decided to let Kim go instead of Ty. Most of the polls had them very close together on the bottom. The only poll that ties directly in to the show, DI, did have her up a couple of notches, BUT that poll does not take into account text or online votes, so even though it looks like on that indicator that Lil Kim won out over Ty, we can't say that, nor could we prove it as Ty may have brought in a large number of text and online votes.

I have long maintained that I saw somewhere ( that I can't find now) where the producers reserve the right to tweak (paraphrasing but the exact idea) things for entertainment values, but I have never seen where they reserve the right to select the final winner.

If somebody who can videotape can catch that phrasing, that would truly be a find.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3440279;
    There could conceivably ( but certainly no way to prove it) be the chance that the producers decided to let Kim go instead of Ty. Most of the polls had them very close together on the bottom. The only poll that ties directly in to the show, DI, did have her up a couple of notches, BUT that poll does not take into account text or online votes, so even though it looks like on that indicator that Lil Kim won out over Ty, we can't say that, nor could we prove it as Ty may have brought in a large number of text and online votes.

I have long maintained that I saw somewhere ( that I can't find now) where the producers reserve the right to tweak (paraphrasing but the exact idea) things for entertainment values, but I have never seen where they reserve the right to select the final winner.

If somebody who can videotape can catch that phrasing, that would truly be a find.
    As the credits roll at the end of the show it flies by about them reserving the right to override the outcome of the show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3440129;
    I had a negative opinion of Lil Kim before the season started.
    After seeing how hard she worked, how good she was & how much fun she was, I changed my tune.
    Her personality came out & I loved what I saw. She seems like a nice fun person with a good work ethic.
    Ditto this - All I had ever really 'heard' about Lil Kim was negative. I'm not a fan of her genre of music so I didn't know her in that regard either. BUT after watching her on the show, she seems like a genuinely nice, grounded, and driven person and I hope that her appearance on the show results in something good for her

+ Reply to Thread