+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Re: Lil Kim & Derek Hough - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3412838;
    Derek was fabulous and I found myself watching him more than Kim, and although she was good, maybe the judges were focused on him too??? Only Len did critize Kim some.
    I have enjoyed watching Kim progress but felt Len was more in line with his score than Carrie Ann and Bruno. Kim did not deserve two 10's for that performance due to mistakes. It was Derek's over the top performance that swayed the scores and most definitely not Kim's best dance.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I love me some Lil Kim, but she did not deserve 10as last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412938;
    Lil'Kim danced beautifully. she deserved the highest score and got it. great.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412938;
    I don't have a problem with Kim, but I've watched that dance 4 times now and I can't take my eyes off of the mistakes. She is out of sync, completely misses some steps, loses her place and looks to Derek to catch up.....
    Len is clearly the best judge, but even he didn't call her out on what was really wrong with her performance.
    It was, however, one of Derek's best performances ever, and that's saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3412947;
    She is out of sync, completely misses some steps, loses her place and looks to Derek to catch up.....
    I can't say it enough, I love Lil Kim. However, I'm amazed that people watched her performance last night and didn't see all of the things you rightfully pointed out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3412883;
    I have enjoyed watching Kim progress but felt Len was more in line with his score than Carrie Ann and Bruno. Kim did not deserve two 10's for that performance due to mistakes. It was Derek's over the top performance that swayed the scores and most definitely not Kim's best dance.

As much as I love Kim--I agree.

However I also think that derek almost always dances not just flawlessly but beautifully and creatively as well.

IMO people have come to take him and his artistry and skills and talents for granted.

He is simply just about the best you're ever going to see.

IMO of course.

I enjoyed them, but definitely felt they were overscored. She missed some steps and was off in certain sections. I did keep expecting her to fall out of the costume and saw on the late news that she had. What is up with the costumes this season? They just keep getting tackier and tackier.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

When watching the opening video for Lil Kim and Derek I noticed, for the first time, that our little boy Derek has grown into a man. Although I liked the fresh faced kid, I have to say, growing up is working for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3412953;
    I can't say it enough, I love Lil Kim. However, I'm amazed that people watched her performance last night and didn't see all of the things you rightfully pointed out.
    I think I was the first to post about her dance last night and I did mention the missteps, but I still think she did a fantastic dance (and I was watching her, not Derek). Since this is not a contest for professionals, I don't have much issue with with how things are scored (usually), and I would much rather watch a dance done reasonably well with a whole lot of enthusiasm than a note perfect dance with no heart or personality. So Kim's score was okay by me .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

The whole problem here is that she got 2 "10"s with mistakes! I don't think I have ever seen a "10" given when there was mistakes; therefore, it makes it seem like the "10"s were given to Derek who danced flawlessly and with incredible panache - but then he is the pro and not the star.

+ Reply to Thread