+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

article link

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo News
    Los Angeles (E! Online) – Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are looking to perfect their pas de deux.

The Dancing With the Stars pros took the whole ringing in the New Year literally, getting engaged just before the calendar flipped to Jan. 1, a source close to the couple confirms to E! News.

The betrothal came between DWTS tour dates in Salt Lake City and Tulsa, Okla.—and a little more than six months after Smirnoff, 30, announced she and former Dancing partner Mario Lopez had ended their two-year relationship.

She and fellow Ukraine native Chmerkovskiy, 28, hooked up shortly thereafter.

Chermkovskiy joined DWTS in season two and last season partnered with Misty May-Treanor. Smirnoff has been on since season three, most recently teaming with Rocco DiSpirito.

No word on a wedding date, but both are expected back when season eight kicks off March 9.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

Congrats to both of them! I've seen interviews where they're asked about their relationship and they seem really smitten with each other. I hope it all works out for them. So this will make 3 husband/wife duos we'll have on DWTS.

And I thought Karina broke up with Mario longer than just 6 months

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

But..but...but...I thought he loved me..........

Okaaaay......I guess I can be happy for them.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

eeeeeegad. i love me some max. I liked karina pre-Mario. *sigh* guess I have no choice now since she is marrying my future ex hubby. LOL
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Eh, as long as he's back for me to drool over that's all I care about. Alec and Tony are taken but they're still all my eye candy

I liked Karina and Mario up until the season 3 finale, and I was soured on her ever since. But she seemed very different this season with Rocco and I grew to like her again. Of course, who wouldn't be all happy and giddy if they're dating Maks.

I just read this online. I just can't picture it. They don't seem each other's type. I bet there are some fireworks in that household, they both have very strong personalities and seem like they each like to be in control. Oh well, all the best to them. Max please tell Karina to hold off a little on the spray tan. Thank you.

FORT Fogey

Well they both seem a little full of themselves so I guess if they can tolerate each other than good luck to them.

FORT Fogey

I can't say that the two of them as a pair really surprises me -- they've both Ukranian, and share a profession, so from a background perspective, they've got a lot in common. Given how long she was with Mario before they split, I have to say that it surprises me that they'd be engaged this quickly ... unless it's going to be one of "we're engaged, but not planning on getting married yet" kind of things.

Ick, I can't stand Karina! There goes my infatuation with Maks. Guilty by association and all.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Who is John Galt?

I think it is a good match up. Both have strong personalities which could be really good - they can handle each other without either one walking on the other; or really bad - too strong and that could lead to lots of fights. I get the impression that Maks is the Lover and Karina the Beloved, which means she will be the more dominant in the relationship. Hopefully, it is not a rebound relationship from her perspective. I have read that they have known each other a very long time and he has had a major crush on her for much of that time. She just needed to get to that place where she realized he was the right guy for her. I wish them well and may they enjoy a happy life together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast