+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

Re: Dancing With the Stars' Karina & Maksim Engaged!

Woah, have I been out of it. Saw this thread and thought they had each gotten engaged to someone else, not each other. Last I knew she was still dating Mario Lopez and Max was going on blind dates set up by on one of the early morning shows. They are a cute couple together but I never saw any special pizazz between them before and I have seen all DWTS seasons. Should be interesting watching him dance with Denise Richards this season with Karina in the wings keeping an eye on her man, don't think Steve will stay long so she should have plenty of time to devote to Max!!!!!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This TV Guide will be a keeper. Click on the link for the behind the scenes video. It's so cute how in love Maks/Karina are

Maksim & Karina Get Sexy Under The Covers!

ET is under the covers with Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff! The "Dancing with the Stars" pro dancers and real-life couple are among TV Guide magazine's sexiest stars on television, and we were there for their sexy photo shoot!

"I think it was a lot of fun," says Karina. "Definitely something we don't do everyday."

"Well, not in public, anyway," laughs Maksim.

The sultry pair strip down to their underwear for the playful shoot, and the newly engaged couple are happy to share what they find sexy about each other.

"I think Maks is just naturally sexy," says Karina, adding with a little bit of a blush, "He's got the confidence, the personality, the smile, and I think he's got a crazy beautiful body that I like."

"I really love everything about Karina," says Maksim. "If I were to be put on the spot and had to pick something, I would pick the eyes. It is such a cliché because everybody says it, but they're very meaningful. Her emotions always come out of her eyes and that is very sexy."

ET's Mark Steines teamed up with TV Guide magazine, on newsstands March 26, to unveil the 10 sexiest men and women on television, and some of the other stars that made the cut include "Desperate Housewives" diva Eva Longoria Parker, "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker, exotic "Top Chef" beauty Padma Lakshmi, "Bones" man David Boreanaz, "Private Practice" doc Kate Walsh, "Bromance" socialite Brody Jenner and "The Hills" reality vixen Audrina Patridge.

On "Dancing with the Stars," Maksim is partnered up with former Bond girl Denise Richards, while Karina is dancing with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. While many would consider having a relationship while on "DWTS" stressful, Maksim and Karina say it's no big deal.

"We love pressure; we're both very competitive," says Maks. "It's not an issue."

These two are great together. They're like bad boy/girl kinda person and I love seeing them dance together. I really do.

Thanks for posting the link. What was interesting to observe in the video clip was that despite this appearing to be a very sexy, intimate photo shoot, the two of them barely made any physical contact during their interview. Briefly they held hands, but their body language did not appear as two people who want to be close to one another. I'm not one for public displays of affection, but they almost seem awkward with one another.

With Maks' open shirt, he looks to have a sunburn/tan line straight across his chest.

Karina is actually more likeable in interviews like this then she is by watching her on the show. She threw in a "you're welcome" to him after paying him a huge compliment which he did not acknowledge.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. They deserve each other.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3387432;
    Thanks for posting the link. What was interesting to observe in the video clip was that despite this appearing to be a very sexy, intimate photo shoot, the two of them barely made any physical contact during their interview. Briefly they held hands, but their body language did not appear as two people who want to be close to one another. I'm not one for public displays of affection, but they almost seem awkward with one another.

With Maks' open shirt, he looks to have a sunburn/tan line straight across his chest.

Karina is actually more likeable in interviews like this then she is by watching her on the show. She threw in a "you're welcome" to him after paying him a huge compliment which he did not acknowledge.
    Verrrrry interesting!

And LOL on your post, illusions.

Maks is soooo NOT HOT (except visually). He needs to stay off-camera except when he dances, and hopefully he won't talk while he's dancing.

Back when I was drinking the Maks-Koolade , and I didn't know that Edyta was married (to Alex), I thought that Edyta and Maks would make a great couple. I still think that they could be incomparable as dance partners, but Karina would probably turn murderous. She's kinda scary.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-19-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I've not been a big fan of either, although I do think they're both very good dancers.
    However, Maks seems to at least show the "human" side. I don't find anything at all appealing about Karina, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Karina seems to have a perma-biotch look on her face. Maks isn't that great looking either.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3387583;
    Karina seems to have a perma-biotch look on her face.
    Your comment is so funny to me, considering that several posters have said the same thing about Denise.

Maks is apparently reaping some bad karma from way back.

That said, I have been warming up to Denise lately (that poor woman was married to Charlie Sheen, after all!). I think she's working hard but needs a more supportive dance partner.

Maks seems to be chauvanistic (if not borderline abusive). Just sayin'...does anyone else see it?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

This is my first season with DWTS so I have no history with these folks, and needed to see their pics to figure out who they were (but I like Woz, so I remembered Karina a bit). I'll watch Maks more to get a feel for him.

I've seen the comments about Denise's 'look'. I'm on the fence about her. Granted she was married to CS, but she did that willingly knowing his history. And had 2 kids with him. They both get poor grades from me for making their divorce so pubically nasty.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast