+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/25 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3241650;
    As one of the "everyone else" I do not believe in the big conspiracy theory.
    I'm with you. I thought she was a great dancer. I am glad she won. It wouldn't have been a bad thing if Warren won, either. Brooke was the better dancer and the most consistent, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3241650;
    As one of the "everyone else" I do not believe in the big conspiracy theory.
    The statement I've seen mentioned also about Brooke being good but not improving as the season went on never makes sense to me. It's like saying "Yeah the Yankees are a good ball club but they didn't get better as the World Series progressed."
    Another "everyone else" here, who doesn't believe this particular conspiracy theory OR hate Brooke. I understand the emotional resonance of wanting to see "growth", but I also kind of consider the strength of that conviction to be a relic of Reality TV--instead of an actual valid criteria for judging talent-related contests.

I actually think Warren had a better case than Lance, for example, as a winner, because I can more see "entertaining" as a criteria for judging talent than "growth". But even with the "entertaining" over "growth" criteria sorted out, I still see "skill/delivery" as even yet above that, providing the person who excels at that is still reasonably entertaining. And at least to my mind Brooke was.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

Someone said earlier that they thought Derek was acting so arrogant after their last dance. I did not see this at all. He looked to me like he was just very happy they did so well in their last dance.

I was very happy Brooke and Derek won and, to me, it was almost as anti-climatic as when Kristi and Mark Ballas won last year. That was a 'given' throughout the whole season last year because she danced so well every single week.

I was disappointed that Lance & Lacey didn't at least get second place last night. My main problem is that a lot of the people that vote for her use the fact that she looks good for a mother that has had 4 children, which has nothing to do with the way she dances. Oh well...hopefully next season will have a better outcome.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I as very happy with the finishing order as that is how I had the final three placed. I too wonder what the season would have been like without all the injuries. The one I would have enjoyed seeing the most was Misty. I hope they invite her back when she is fully healed.

Brooke won with her natural talent, but also with her dedication. She had injuries this year and also had to put up with Derek's ego. Throughout it all she maintained her composure and her class and danced very well. The show isn't about Derek, annoying as he was all season, it is about the celebrity. In my opinion Brooke was the best dancer hands down.

Warren is a good dancer too, but not as good as Brooke. I really like the big guy. He deserved to be there. Warren exudes fun, and that is part of what dance is supposed to be all about. Sure he made mistakes, but he never let them show and never let them get him down. I would not have been disapointed if he had won. Kim is a sweetheart. I want her for a partner.

While Lance and Lacey deserved to make it to the top three based on their improvement this year I would have been been upset if he won.

Ok, I read this thread all the way through to see if anyone else noticed how Brooke seemed to ignore her husband last night. When she kissed her girls, her husband stood half way up as if he was expecting a kiss from her but she went back to the dance floor without even acknowledging him. After she won the trophy, Derek kept kissing on her and the camera kept going back to her husband who was visibly excited about her win but she never once acknowledged him. Anyone else notice this?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

ginger, it's her fiance and I noticed, too. When they showed the shot of him crying and his chin quivering--'cause he was so happy for her--I felt kinda bad for him.

I actually am not that comfortable with all the hugging/kissing between any of the stars and the pro dancers. Almost all of them are married/in relationships and the women are half naked and I don't know... PRUDE! I know. Totally, I am. I think it's Ok to be happy and congratulatory without all that touching/pawing.

I don't think that Brooke sparkles, but she was the best dancer and I'm glad she won. Lance had a shot but the freestyle hip hop dance just wasn't up to par. Didn't Apolo and Julianne also do a hip hop routine for their freestyle? That routine was AWESOME!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3241615;
    Just like everyone else I knew the judges would fix it for a Brooke/Derek win sure they are good dancers, but they bore the hell out of me. When they marked Warren in 3rd place after the final dance I knew he wasn't going to win it. Season 7 to me was basically Lance and Warren to me they were the real winners, Brooke was just the judges pet. Boo, if DWTS does this kind of favortism next season it will be my last watching.
    I don't know if I believe it's outright rigged (I'd like to stay in that little place where I believe all is well and fair in the land of reality TV-even if I really don't) but I hope next season they spread the wealth a little more. Don't be so obvious with the favorites or chosen one if they have one. All a matter of opinion, yet while Brooke could dance she wasn't interesting to watch, and in the past other pros would get comments about their lack of personality. Of course being paired. Then there was Warren who wasn't the best dancer but most of his compliments were about the entertainment he brought. I also hope some of the long time pros get thrown a bone next year and not the short end of the stick. Sorry, but I'd rather see one of the long time pros vs a newbie get rewarded. Not the most exciting season and I hope many things change before next season. So much like I did with season 6 aka the Kristi/Mark show I'm skipping from season 5 to season 8. The spring editions are usually my favorites anyway.

I don't think the vote was rigged, in the sense that the public vote wasn't truly represented, but I do think Brooke and Derek were overscored by the judges. The judges component of the final score put it beyond anyone elses reach, imo.
    I'm not a dance expert like most other people here, but I think over the years we've all picked up a little skill in knowing what to look out for and I think Brooke fell short in a number of areas, although I do still think she is a good dancer.
    I don't think they deserved 7's for the dance that Brooke screwed up the other week. She was all over the place.
    If you're left with the feeling that "If anyone else had danced like that they'd have got 5's" then you feel the judges aren't being entirely fair.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My thoughts on the finale -

I LOVED seeing Maks and Misty May! She looked gorgeous in that gown and how great it was to see her walking. She is on her way to what I hope will be a full recovery. But once again, I had that what if? feeling. What would it have been like if she never got injured? You can bet it would have made for some real excitement and a more competitive season. I would not have been surprised to see them in the semifinals. If she wants to come back, I say ABC should give her a chance.

I was not surprised at all to see Lance and Lacey finish third. That freestyle really ruined any chance for them to be in the final two. I also noticed that Lacey looked so sad all night. I think she is sorry that it's ending. I do think they both knew they were going to finish third. Their jitterbug was still really good, but not as good as last week. I have never seen Lance miss a lift. I don't know that his heart was in it. But they should feel good about what they accomplished. I loved it when Tom Bergeron told them that when they blew the roof off the place in the semifinals, that he thought that was what this show is all about. That's exactly how I feel. They made it a much more exciting competition by giving the show some real life and enjoyment. So did Warren. Good for both of them.

Brooke seemed like a wooden doll when they won. But I was appalled by how rude Derek was in practically grabbing the trophy and then starting to talk about himself. His ego is really too much for me. Poor Brooke just stood there managing a wan smile. She must be relieved that it's over. Derek pushed her as hard as he could to get what he wanted. I admire his talent as a dance pro and think he is a great choreographer, but his egotism and obnoxious attitude have alienated me. I am over him totally. I hope he's not back next season.

The shameless bias from the judges was disgusting. I really wish they could just try a bit more to conceal their personal favorites. Then maybe the audience wouldn't feel as though the winner was being shoved down their throats. I thought their fulsome and overweening praise of Brooke was kind of disrespectful to Lance and Warren. Those two deserved much more praise than they got.

Imagine what this season would have been like without Lance and Warren. A total and complete bore. I have nothing against Brooke. She is very pretty and has a beautiful body and seems like a nice person. But she just didn't come across on camera. I put some of the blame on Derek. He took the fun out of their dancing with his incessant pushing. I simply could not connect with her. I think she is a natural dancer who was technically very good, but I didn't feel the connection and that's important to me.

It's not about the best pure dancer. It's about the one who makes you feel good, the one who makes you smile and laugh and want to get up and dance. I look for a certain level of technical skill combined with entertainment. I thought L/L had it, but they didn't deliver with their freestyle. Warren was the great showman, but I didn't feel he had enough technical skill. I still would have been okay with him winning, especially for sweet, wonderful Kym. That woman totally deserves a win. They made this so much fun.

Now on to next season. One last thought - please, Derek, take a hike, go on a long vacation with Shannon. I have had my fill of you for now. Take your mirror ball trophy and move on.

+ Reply to Thread