+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/25 Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

She was by FAR the best dancer of the three. Derek gave her stuff that smoked Warren and even Lance (My preference of the 3). I certainly would have liked to see Lance win because of the 3 finalists, I think he was truly the most improved, and he certainly could entertain. Warren was fun to watch and highly entertaining, but IMHO we are supposed to vote for for who we thought was the BEST DANCER, not the best Entertainer.

If that was the case, it would be called Entertaining on the Dance Floor with the Stars.

I felt from the start that if the fans didn't mess up like they did with Sabrina and Mark (she left WAAAY too soon and may have won), that Brooke would be our winner tonight. I hoped against Hope that Lance would pull through, and I'm thrilled he made it to the final three. But I also knew that if Brooke kept the pace, she would win. They all worked hard and they all did a phenomenal job. Let Brooke have her day in the sun. I think she deserves it.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-26-2008 at 05:51 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I know bad dancing when I see it, but I don't know the basic steps of certain dances, and I'm willing to bet half the audience is that way, too. It's a TV show first, and that's what I treat it as. Entertainment. That was Warren, Brooke it wasn't. She was as fun as watching paint dry, and her partner was a smug little something. If Warren was in the same league as Penn Jillette or BRC I'd say he shouldn't have won, but I didn't consider him that shabby of a dancer. But, they beat Lance/Lacey and I really didn't want to see those two win. If the best dancer really is supposed to win, then Kelly, Emmitt, and Helio need to give their trophies back. Only Len is a certified ballroom judge, therefore probably the only one who knows anything about ballroom dancing, and seeing as how the audience has a say dancing ability doesn't count for much. Just like with Idol, real singing ability doesn't count for much. My issue with Brooke is more from episode one they had declared her the winner, but I think it was more for Derek's sake then Brooke's. Another partner and they probably wouldn't have had the same infatuation with her. And again, everyone saw this win coming. So it wasn't a huge shock. Over and done with, can't get the results you always want Warren/Kym will be what made season 7 for me and what a pleasure he was to watch. If he had been eliminated I probably would have tuned out because no one else interested me. And I adore Kym. At least she's a good sport when she gets a stinker, which will probably happen to her next season

But yes, this miserable season is over, so onto season 8 where hopefully Edyta (or Alec, Kym, Cheryl, Maks, Tony, or anyone not named Ballas, Hough, or Schwimmer) become the new co-champ. And you're right, season 8 here we come. I can't wait until March At least Derek will finally get his dud if he's back.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-26-2008 at 05:51 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I went back and watched. See how fast everyone that wasn't Mark, Corky, and Julianne ran to the winners. At least Julianne had the class to try and lift Brooke up when she realized Derek was hogging the spotlight and the trophy. And what's with David Charvet? He looks as bored as the ABC celebs they drag in there and plug each week.

So the highlights of the night for me were the celebrity roast, seeing Toni/Alec, Maks/Misty, and Edyta, anything with Warren-and that was about it. And Kym may not be a two time champ, but she is a two time second place finisher. And of course she lost both times to a person in the same family. But I think she and Warren would be the only gracious losers tonight.

Brooke Frankly makes Kelly Monaco look like Ginger Rogers as dancing goes. Derek made it seem all about him and its not. It's about his partner winning. I think that is why I didn't like Lance with Lacey. Kym is the only finalist who gets it's about the celebrity.

Kym made Warren comfortable and that allowed the big guy to do things he would never do before. Warren truly was worried about how Kym would feel and he took pains to make sure he didn't embarrass her. Kym has always been about Warren I can't say that about Lacey and Derek.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DaynaWayna;3241538;
    She was by FAR the best dancer of the three. Derek gave her stuff that smoked Warren and even Lance (My preference of the 3). I certainly would have liked to see Lance win because of the 3 finalists, I think he was truly the most improved, and he certainly could entertain. Warren was fun to watch and highly entertaining, but IMHO we are supposed to vote for for who we thought was the BEST DANCER, not the best Entertainer.

If that was the case, it would be called Entertaining on the Dance Floor with the Stars.

I felt from the start that if the fans didn't mess up like they did with Sabrina and Mark (she left WAAAY too soon and may have won), that Brooke would be our winner tonight. I hoped against Hope that Lance would pull through, and I'm thrilled he made it to the final three. But I also knew that if Brooke kept the pace, she would win. They all worked hard and they all did a phenomenal job. Let Brooke have her day in the sun. I think she deserves it.

So stop hating and picking apart a fun show. On to Season 8!

Amen to that. Not only the best dancer but she was a classt act. Derek can be annoying but there is something about the guy I love, so I can't help but gloat over the fact he has had the last laugh. I bet his passionate haters are
    shaking and stomping.

Okay now that the Wonder Kinder Triplets achieved their trophies, they can take a break and also never return especially Derek who is most likely to get a trainwreck next season ala Tori Spelling or Paris Hilton ICK! He is too good for those freaks.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-26-2008 at 05:45 AM.

I think the show got alot more entertaining after the Hough's and Mark Ballas joined it. The choreography has been fantastic! I'm sad to think of them not being there next year. I agree that the two Houghs might be getting the big head, but they are certainly talented! They push their partners to do amazing things. Especially Julianne. I loved the season she had Apollo as a partner! And I really loved seeing her push Cody this season and watch him change from an immature dancer to someone who was really trying and was fun to watch. The Houghs and Ballas' are much more interesting to watch --choreography wise-- than someone like Tony. Now that's boring.

Anyone heard any rumors on who the celebrities might be on the spring show? PLEASE no more Cloris Leachman types! (as much as I loved her as an actress). I'm afraid they might put Florence Henderson on as the next Cloris... I'm going to be soooo bored until March.

Premium Member

Just like everyone else I knew the judges would fix it for a Brooke/Derek win sure they are good dancers, but they bore the hell out of me. When they marked Warren in 3rd place after the final dance I knew he wasn't going to win it. Season 7 to me was basically Lance and Warren to me they were the real winners, Brooke was just the judges pet. Boo, if DWTS does this kind of favortism next season it will be my last watching.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3241615;
    Just like everyone else I knew the judges would fix it for a Brooke/Derek win......
    As one of the "everyone else" I do not believe in the big conspiracy theory.
    The statement I've seen mentioned also about Brooke being good but not improving as the season went on never makes sense to me. It's like saying "Yeah the Yankees are a good ball club but they didn't get better as the World Series progressed."

I am shocked at the Brooke hate. She wasn't my favorite - Lance was. But she really was the best dancer. Warren was a blast to watch, so much fun, but no way could his technique be compared to hers. Derek annoyed me all season, but this is still about the best celebrity dancer. But this is 2 seasons in a row where the winner was quite obvious from the first show. I like it better when more of them start as equals.

I will miss Julianne - she does great things with her partners. My favs will always be her & Apolo.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I agree that B&D were pretty much guaranteed to win the coveted mirrored ball....but I do think L&L's freestyle hurt them considerably. I have nothing against hiphop routines but they have to be done right and either tell a story or have really inventive moves. Otherwise it just starts looking the same over and over. Which theirs did. And I think they realized it too, the energy just wasn't the same from the previous week.

Although Brooke was not my personal favorite, I have to admit she had some crazy difficult routines thrown at her by Derek. Most of which she pulled off successfully. Did she have the personality of Warren? Hell, no. But just enough perhaps to get by with her technical ability to win.

And whoever chose MILEY CYRUS for the finale?? gah.... my ears are still bleeding...
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread