+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 11/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just throwing my 2cents in here:
    Lance moved up the ladder last week but, they blew their chance by not going full out in the freestyle last night...IMO they are 3rd.

Brooke and Derek...WOW! Anyone that watched their freestyle had to pick their chin off the floor it was really ambitious.
    Warren and Kym... WOW...for a BIG football player this man can move and do lifts and make people giggle!

Of the 2 I think will be in the final, Brooke consistent all season, Warren, entertaining all season...IMO it will come down to which of the 2 has more fans! If I had to venture a guess I'd say Warren, however, if people really do vote for the technique and style...well, Brooke!

We'll know in about4 hours!
    It's been fun folks.
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3241177;
    Also, he said they chose to do a straight hip-hop routine because it was about getting the audience into what you were doing, and entertaining.

With that statement, seems to me like he missed the POINT of the show --- and especially, the point of the FREESTYLE --- AGAIN.

Maybe the audience that was present in the studio as they were doing it last night was heavily into it, but, I'm sorry, I wasn't. And I think that I might not be alone. It was OK, but for me, regarding last night's freestyles, I'll take Warren/Kym, first, Brooke/Derek, second, then Lancey third.

To me, based on what I've seen from this show so far, to ignore lifts and tricks in a freestyle is missing the whole point of entertaining the general voting public. I can see a regular hip-hop dance on a street corner. Matter of fact, I can see an even BETTER hip-hop routine on a street corner than the one Lancey produced last night. WITHOUT lifts and tricks in it (which'll usually be there in a street-corner dance, anyway), OR with 'em.

Sorry, but that's true.
    I don't look so much for dancing ability as I do for entertainment in a freestyle. Since it's anything goes, I'm looking more for a pair pushing the limits. Kelly/Alec's freestyle ranks as one of my top 5 favorites because it was flashy, energetic, and fun. Drew/Cheryl, Apolo/Helio/Julianne had creativity. Much like Kym said about Warren, Julianne thought she was at a disadvantage since Helio was the only male star left in the final 3, therefore would have to do lifts which would probably come harder than it would for Maks or Jonathan. It didn't seem like the audience reacted very strongly to L/L freestyle. I went back and listened to Len's comments and he said he loved the song they danced to. Maybe that was the real reason for his good mood

And yep, I think Len was full of it when he said B&D's was the best freestyle on the show, ever. I think Len's ALWAYS liked Derek's stuff and how he executes it, so that's a no-brainer. And Len hasn't exactly ever kicked Brooke to the curb, either, so that's no-brainer #2. But best freestyle on the show, ever? No way.

And I would absolutely LOVE it if Cheryl, Drew, Apolo and Julianne crashed the finale and took the building down. Now THAT would be a show, and would be entertaining!
    Well, we know Cheryl and Julianne will be there. Drew and Apolo have shown up in the audience before especially during the finales so maybe we'll get lucky. The judges seem to love the Houghs, which I can understand, and Derek's freestyle wasn't bad. Overall I'd probably rank it up there as one of the top 10 this show has ever had. That round tends to disappoint me because I think so many pairs lost a golden opportunity. Even if they didn't have a chance of winning against a certain someone, it might have been the difference between 2nd and 3rd and leaving a lasting impression. Tonight's going to be interesting. I'll be shocked whoever goes in third. L/L winning even after last night wouldn't surprise me as they have a strong fan base. I think Brooke deserves credit for having a bigger fan base than people thought because even with Derek I don't think she would have made it this far.

I went back and watched Appolo and Julianne's hip-hop freestyle and there is simply no comparison between that and L/L. Now I know why I had to vote for Appolo over Joey, a difficult decision. Their choreography was much more creative and innovative. Appolo did that whirling dervish spin on the floor and then they danced blindfolded together. They also were smart enough to incorporate some lifts and acrobatics. Just enough to put the finishing touch to the best hip-hip freestyle ever. They got a perfect score and deservedly so.

Lance and Lacey need look no further than that for an example of how it's done. I blame Lacey for letting Lance have the final say on lifts. That's not up to him. The dance pro has to be the one to choreograph the freestyle. They know what is needed and how to get it done. That was a big mistake on her part. She knows better. For a couple who loved pushing the envelope, I was surprised at how ordinary it was. They finished third and that was where they belonged.

I have to say that I thought Derek was kind of rude when he and Brooke won. He started blabbing about how his sister and best friend won and he finally matched them. Well, guess what? It's not about you Derek. It's supposed to be about Brooke. But for Derek, it really was all about him and what he wanted. He pushed Brooke almost beyond endurance to win this thing. In the process, he took a lot of the fun out of their dancing. I think they got some of it back in their freestyle. They really did a great job, but it's not anywhere near the best. After watching Appolo and Julianne's freestyle, I don't think theirs was nearly as good.

Warren did himself proud and should be happy. I think Kym is everything that Derek is not. She is the antithesis of him. What a lovely, classy and gracious woman. She is also gorgeous with a fantastic body and is a terrific choreographer. They gave us all a lot of fun and joy.

I think one of the reasons I am not that enthusiastic about Brooke's win is the way the judges fawned over her. It got positively nauseating. I think it was insulting and disrespectful to both Warren and Lance.

For some reason, Brooke just didn't connect with me. I think she did very well, was the best dancer technically and seems like a very nice person. But her personality didn't come across in her dances. Maybe in the end she just got lost in Derek's colossal ego. It takes a lot to make me really dislike one of the dance pros, but he has managed to do it. Ever since last season when he shamefully went off on Len while Shannon cried her crocodile tears after they felt that they were unfairly scored, I have really started to get more and more annoyed with him. He stupidly let his personal feelings for Shannon get in the way of behaving like the dance pro that he is supposed to be. His mugging and silly facial expressions this season just cemented my dislike for him.

Now he won and maybe he should just go away and take a vacation.

L & L placed 3rd because their free style dance was lousy. They did well the last 3 or 4 weeks. The right couple won.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3241881;
    L & L placed 3rd because their free style dance was lousy. They did well the last 3 or 4 weeks. The right couple won.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3241876;
    ...I have to say that I thought Derek was kind of rude when he and Brooke won. He started blabbing about how his sister and best friend won and he finally matched them. Well, guess what? It's not about you Derek. It's supposed to be about Brooke. But for Derek, it really was all about him and what he wanted. He pushed Brooke almost beyond endurance to win this thing. In the process, he took a lot of the fun out of their dancing. I think they got some of it back in their freestyle. They really did a great job, but it's not anywhere near the best. After watching Appolo and Julianne's freestyle, I don't think theirs was nearly as good.
    I think one of the reasons I am not that enthusiastic about Brooke's win is the way the judges fawned over her. It got positively nauseating. I think it was insulting and disrespectful to both Warren and Lance....

For some reason, Brooke just didn't connect with me. I think she did very well, was the best dancer technically and seems like a very nice person. But her personality didn't come across in her dances. Maybe in the end she just got lost in Derek's colossal ego. It takes a lot to make me really dislike one of the dance pros, but he has managed to do it. Ever since last season when he shamefully went off on Len while Shannon cried her crocodile tears after they felt that they were unfairly scored, I have really started to get more and more annoyed with him. He stupidly let his personal feelings for Shannon get in the way of behaving like the dance pro that he is supposed to be. His mugging and silly facial expressions this season just cemented my dislike for him.

Now he won and maybe he should just go away and take a vacation.
    I agree with your assessment of Brooke and Derek. As soon as the judges unfairly compared her to a pro they piled on the pressure and convinced Derek that she could handle routines that were too difficult for a novice dancer - no matter how gifted. She deserved to win and I'm glad he didn't blow that for her in the end.

Regarding the fawning, that isn't her fault and it is well deserved considering her lack of traning prior to the show. Warren never put in the time to improve his technique and Lance just doesn't have the talent. They could hardly expect the judges to fawn over their efforts.
    Last edited by dberk; 11-26-2008 at 06:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread