+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/18 Results Show **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/18 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3237418;
    I am okay with Cody leaving. I really liked this kid. He is so charming and sweet and worked really hard, but he reached his limit. There is no shame in him finishing fourth in this competition.

I recorded the recap show, just so I could check out the dances again. I noticed how Brooke messed up early on in that jive and never got back on track. It was worse seeing it again and watching her footwork. The one issue I have with Derek is that he makes the choreography unnecessarily complicated and intricate. The jive doesn't need that. They could have done an outstanding jive just sticking to the basics. Brooke is more than capable of doing the kicks, flicks, and jitterbugging. It's such an intense dance that it doesn't need any adornments.

Warren's footwork was even worse than I thought. I love his showmanship, but I really think he is lacking technically. For some reason I am not loving him as much lately.
    Warren is really looking worn out. But he and Kym still seem to be having fun and that great connection. His footwork is worse than it was at the start of the season, but I'm still impressed and think he's doing the best he can. It looks like he's really pushing himself to do well. Like the other two stars left, Warren really wants this. I'm so excited for Kym that she's made it to the finals for the second time. She's one of my favorite dancers on here, and she was due. His personality and entertainment might be what save him and hopefully get him the win. I agree with your point about Derek. To me, he seems a little obsessive about winning this season. Sometimes I can't tell when he's joking and when he's serious but I think he's put more pressure on himself and Brooke than he needs to. They've done extremely well, and while I think there have been times they've been overscored, they earned their spot in the final 3 and are certainly one of the best this season (even if I find her boring, but the girl can move).

I didn't think Aretha was in good voice at all. Leona Lewis does nothing for me. John Legend was pretty good. I really loved seeing the pros - Louis, Anna, Karina and Maks. My goodness, Karina and Maks really heated up the dance floor. I am one who hopes that they bring back the same group of pros. I don't think there is any need to look outside for anyone else. Anna, Jonathan, Louis, Ashly are all pros that I would love to see next season.

It was great seeing Kristi and Mark. They are amazing. Kristi really does dance like a pro. She is in a class by herself.
    I wish they had Anna and Ashly back more this season. From everything I've heard, Ashly is wanting and able to return. Since she hasn't been on officially as a pro since the third season it'd almost be like having a newbie again. I do hope we get the return of them next year. I know there was a discussion about how some of the pros luck out with partners each season better than others, and Ashly, Jonathan, and Anna definitely rank up there as getting typical stinkers or people will little fanbases. I had forgotten about Jonathan, but would add him to the list of pros I'd want to see back. Once upon a time I said I hoped he and Tony took a break from the show since they didn't add much for me but I think there'd be something missing without them. And without Alec or Maks, Tony was my only eye candy this season I'm not impressed with Leona. When I heard the hype about her and then actually heard her sing, I couldn't believe that's who Oprah and Simon Cowell were determined to make a big international hit. I heard Aretha was quite the diva backstage. I was excited to see her, but her performance was pretty blah.

I sincerely hope that the show doesn't go crazy trying to make a lot of changes. If ratings are down a little, well, that's true of commercial TV in general since the writer's strike. It's still a highly rated, successful show. If they stick to the formula that has worked for them, then they should be fine. They need to get a great group of celebrities who hopefully can improve and become great dancers. It's the excitement of seeing who can really do well and how competitive it is. If they want to incorporate one or two new dances, well and good. But they don't need to reinvent the wheel.
    The ratings actually improved slightly this season, but it wasn't a huge increase. And the following season is usually the bigger sign, because if people weren't satisfied with this season, they might not tune in for next. I'm curious if the younger demo they so want to capture increased any on here. I'm with you that I don't think the show needs a major overhaul. I know the foxtrot and waltz may not be the most interesting dances to watch, but done right they can be enjoyable. I hope for next season they don't scrape the bottom of the reality show barrell, because casting Rocco and Kim are right up there with Heather Mills for me. This season had some of the more well known names compared to others. But somewhere it lost me, but then got me back, though it's not one that is going to go down as great for me.

I think this final may very well be more exciting and competitive than we might have thought. I have to admit that I am really rooting for Lance and Lacey now. They showed me something this week and I think Lance has progressed and improved the most. The best freestyle may well determine the winner.
    I think you're right about that part. I'm more excited about the finale than I have been all season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-20-2008 at 01:42 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I would think that Derek is pushing to win because his sister has won twice and his best buddy Mark won last year!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3238092;
    I would think that Derek is pushing to win because his sister has won twice and his best buddy Mark won last year!
    And all right in a row! I'm sure that has to be hard to live up to, considering the boy and his trio (or quartet if you count Corky) are pretty much put front and center by the show. But trying a little too hard to get perfection might end up costing him in the end.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-20-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3238101;
    And all right in a row! I'm sure that has to be hard to live up to, considering the boy and his trio (or quartet if you count Corky) are pretty much put front and center by the show. But trying a little too hard to get perfection might end up costing him in the end.

I think Derek wants this so bad he can taste it. I think that mess of a jive he choreographed was a perfect example of what NOT to do. He needs to regroup and go back to smart choreography. He's got a great dancer who can do so many things. But don't overwhelm her and clutter up the dancing.

I think Warren and Kym will keep it simple and rely on gravity defying lifts and other crowd pleasing tricks.

FORT Regular

Their second dance was amazing! Brooke really brought down the house with those lifts and energy in that dance. If Derek does something similar, she stands a chance against Lance. Derek should not stress out because while people say Brooke is the frontrunner, Lance is the real favorite with his fans and his name recognition.

Kym will probably work to Warren's strengths and work those amazing lifts.

Hi my friends. I am even later than normal because I downloaded the wrong show. To my astonishment I got to watch a recap. .
    Geez. But I managed to get the right episode and just watched it.

Darn. How scary to have Warren in the bottom 2.
    Not happy about that.
    I am not a fan of Lacy but I must admit there last 2 dances were great.

Too bad plastic Brooke is still there. I have never understood the appeal she has on others cause I can't see it.

To be honest if Warren is not gonna win I prefer Lance even with horrible Lacey who had to dance on bare feet again. it looked so stupid. She is short and it just looked like they all dance onf SYTYCD. I find that boring.

I just am not a fan of Derek and not of Brooke. At least I like Lance.

But I want Warren to win!!!
    Now let me go look to see if i did not say any wrong words. It is easy to do so when you are not English.

are you allowed to say darn?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3238596;
    Their second dance was amazing! Brooke really brought down the house with those lifts and energy in that dance. If Derek does something similar, she stands a chance against Lance. Derek should not stress out because while people say Brooke is the frontrunner, Lance is the real favorite with his fans and his name recognition.

Kym will probably work to Warren's strengths and work those amazing lifts.

Funny cause I thought they were overscored with there second dance.

O a question.
    Does this mean Warren had lower votes than Brooke and Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3239117;
    Funny cause I thought they were overscored with there second dance.

O a question.
    Does this mean Warren had lower votes than Brooke and Lance?
    I don't know if Warren was officially in the bottom 2. I didn't hear Tom say that was the real bottom 2, but usually at this stage anyway they don't reveal who's really the second lowest vote getter anyway. That doesn't mean it wasn't Warren but we don't know for sure. I'm always skeptical anyway if the bottom 2 we get is the real bottom 2 anyway.

As for Brooke, I'd much rather see her win over L/L. My first choice is Warren, but between the three I think Brooke is a better dancer. I also have to give credit to those who have outside distractions but keep on going. Warren isn't the best dancer, but I'd say he's second best to Brooke, and he's more entertaining to watch. Brooke has been especially boring the last few weeks with Derek being the one I most remember in the dances. I don't like L/L and aside from three of their dances don't find anything special about them. However, I'm thinking the show is trying to set up a L/L win. Since they've had athletes win every season since the 3rd I'm thinking Warren will come in third, leaving a final 2 of Brooke and Lance. Having Lance/Warren in the final 2 is season 2 all over again.

And I can't wait to see Derek's freestyle

I was thinking about the freestyle and I think this may very well play to Warren's strengths. His size and strength will give him the opportunity to do some pretty awesome lifts. He and Kym have already done a few gravity defying ones. This is the one time when technical skill isn't the determining factor. This is all about showmanship, entertainment and craziness. I think Warren and Kym have the potential to do a really outstanding freestyle. Warren's flat feet and poor footwork should not be a factor. I don't think he can be counted out.

I am rooting for L/L and expect fireworks from them. They really won me over completely this week. It remains to be seen if Lacey can come with an amazing freestyle. It should be interesting to see what these two do without any rules or constraints.

I can't rule out Brooke and Derek. If Derek is smart about the choreography for their freestyle, they could still win this. He has the most naturally gifted dancer of the final three, so there should be no excuses.

What I would really love is to see an all-out, no holds barred, fasten your seat belts, final. If I get to see that, then I will be okay no matter who wins.

I recently re-watched Joey/Kym's freestyle from season 4 and I have to say, it was pretty good. Probably one of the better ones this show has seen. I don't know if Laila really stood a chance at making the final 2 between Apolo and Joey, but her freestyle wasn't even in the same league as their's. One thing I've liked about Kym is she always has a positive and upbeat attitude, regardless of who her partner is. Whether she knows she stands a chance at lasting long or being one of the first to go, her choreography can be entertaining and fun to watch and she really seems to work on her partner's strengths when she realizes there may be nothing she can do about their weaknesses. In Warren's case, going by comments I've read from her, she knows she's in an uphill battle against Brooke and Lance, so she's looking more at the entertainment and personality aspect of it and working on his strengths. I think I'm wanting Warren/Kym to win more for Kym than for Warren. I realize it's supposed to be about the stars, not the pros, but I guess in some cases I can't help but factor the pro into my decision. Especially a long timer who's gotten screwed over more than once by partner pair ups, and I admire she's one of only 4 pros on this show that has managed to make it to the final 3 twice. In the freestyle round, I'm giving the edge to Warren. I think Kym will come up with just enough and make it fun and entertaining to watch. With the other two, I would expect Derek to come up with something spectacular, but since I find Brooke boring to watch, she may not execute it like she should. Hearing what L/L plan on doing I'm not overly excited, but they might surprise me. Lance has the advantage of being a performer and putting on sold out concerts all around the world that had themes with them so that's one advantage for them. But then again, so did Mel B.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-23-2008 at 01:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast