+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/18 Results Show **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/18 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3237008;
    Yeah..Lance and Lacey!!! Sorry Unk and karalott...I know ya'll don't care for them but I'm thrilled they made it to the finals.........do I think they'll win it all? Probably not...but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that they do!

I actually like the little kids dance competition...I liked the second couple the best and voted for them!

Never been a big fan of Aretha's...and she looked and sounded bad tonight IMO. Love Leona Lewis but was not a fan of what she had on tonight and it looked like she got caught in the pro dancers tanning spray!

Was that Dmitry (from SYTYCD) dancing with Louis, Anna and Karina during Aretha's first song?
    for Anna and Louis! I was so excited to see them, especially Anna (I know Louis's been back once this season). And I don't know anyone from that show, but people on other forums said that was Dmitry. And no problems about Lacey I respect those who like her and her style/what she adds to the show. I warmed up to Karina, which I never thought I'd do, so I might with Lacey one day if she's back (which is likely). I saw yet another blurb about that SYTYCD Chelsea chick possibly joining the show next season, but I really hope that's not true. Sorry, but I don't want those to become a SYTYCD alumni dumping ground. I want my DWTS pros back. But just give me Edyta, Alec, Louis, Maks, Anna, and Ashly at least and don't screw them on partners. As for Leona, I've never been impressed with her In terms of winners, the only time I've truly been happy with the winners was Drew/Cheryl and Apolo/Julianne. Didn't mind Helio/Julianne, Kelly/Alec, or Emmitt/Cheryl, but would have replaced them with someone else (S3 was a snooze fest for me, anyway, so I didn't really care who won it).

I've heard what L/L are doing for their freestyle dance, but next week will be interesting. I wouldn't count them out of winning, but I honestly hope that doesn't happen. I think Brooke/Derek are going to excel on the freestyle. I've never thought dancing technique applies as much there as entertainment value and I think Derek will have that locked up. He's bound to come up with something good. Warren may fall out of favor with the judges to get a Lance/Brooke final 2. I wouldn't mind Brooke winning, to be honest; first I was on the love train, then off, then on, then sort of off, but now I'm back on. If not Warren, then I hope Brooke.

I am not enthralled with Julianne's singing. I say stick to dancing.
    I take it Julianne isn't a huge hit in the country world. If she isn't now, I don't think she will be. This is the first time I've heard her sing, and she's not bad, but not incredible, either. I think even if she does leave the show she's popular enough that she'll always be welcomed back and I'm sure we'll still see her on the results shows.

And was that Survivor's Colby in the audience sitting next to Shandi Finnessey?
    Last edited by karalott; 11-19-2008 at 01:55 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And was that Survivor's Colby in the audience sitting next to Shandi Finnessey?
    OMG...did I miss that??? I did see Debbie Gibson in the audience last night and then tonight on the result show I saw the actress who plays Kate Chancellor's maid on Young and Restless!

There have been some great ballroom dancers on SYTYCD and some, like Dmitry, have danced during the pro routines. As much as I like Lacey, I admit I was surprised that she was the one picked to be on DWTS out of all the other contestants. Dmitry, Artem (Carrie Ann's fella), Pasha, Chelsea...all have been excellent ballroom dancers and would have been great additions to DWTS.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3237032;
    OMG...did I miss that??? I did see Debbie Gibson in the audience last night and then tonight on the result show I saw the actress who plays Kate Chancellor's maid on Young and Restless!

There have been some great ballroom dancers on SYTYCD and some, like Dmitry, have danced during the pro routines. As much as I like Lacey, I admit I was surprised that she was the one picked to be on DWTS out of all the other contestants. Dmitry, Artem (Carrie Ann's fella), Pasha, Chelsea...all have been excellent ballroom dancers and would have been great additions to DWTS.
    I went back and re-watched it; now I can't find it on tonight's show so maybe it was last night and I'm a day late in bringing it up But Shandi was there and he was sitting next to her. I can't tell 100% if it's him since it was a quick shot, but it looks a lot like him.

I don't think CA's guy would be on the show (talk about a conflict of interest) but someone on another site mentioned Dmitry was a student of Louis's. When Maks was out of the show he was being asked if he'd ever consider coming back as a guest judge and he said he'd love to, but since many of the pros are his friends (and this season he knew the stars) he didn't know if he could be completely objective. I guess I wouldn't mind another dancing alumni coming on the show if the DWTS pros weren't getting replaced by them, if it didn't make the producers stray away from traditional ballroom, if we didn't get an overload of pros from those shows, if the regular DWTS didn't start getting the shaft with partners and the judges, and if the producers didn't come up with some stupid rebel story arc and have the dancers give attitude to Len because he doesn't like they're style. I'm still saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The show was and is doing just fine in the ratings. A few tweaks here and there but it doesn't need any major changes. If they want younger viewers, I think there's other ways to go about that. Since our version of DWTS seems to be different from it's international versions, I'd still like to see some pros from those versions come on ours

Speaking of Debbie Gibson, I'm surprised they've never gotten her, Tiffany, or another former 80's biggie on the show (minus Joey McIntyre).
    Last edited by karalott; 11-19-2008 at 02:55 AM.

I'm off the Brooke train. I love Derek but she seems sleazy to me. Also, four kids and not married. Sorry I'm old school. That is just sleazy to me. They probably have different fathers too since this guy is her "fiance". Ewwww.....I'm not with that. Reminds me of the embalmed looking Adam's family Mortisha looking Angelina with goober Brad tagging along behind her like a bell hop. It's over, they have jumped the shark and need to get off the stage.

I don't think that Warren has put in the time to earn winner this year. But have to say at this point I'm ok with whomever wins the mirror ball.

FORT Regular

I am very disappointed that Cody left before plastic Brooke. I agree with much of what Tody said about her. After that horrible dance Monday night, she does not deserve to be in the finals. Cody did a much better job with his semi-final dances.

As much as I hate to admit it, Lance and Lacey seem to be "peaking" at the right time. They certainly have the momentum heading into the finals.

I am glad that Warren and Kym made it in. Warren is just fun to watch and is who I am rooting for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3237096;
    Also, four kids and not married. Sorry I'm old school. That is just sleazy to me. They probably have different fathers too since this guy is her "fiance".
    She has two kids with her former husband and two with the man she will be marrying. I may not be enthralled by her prosaic dance abilities, but I certainly don't consider having kids in two different serious, long-term relationships to be sleazy.

And Lance & Lacey for the win. Brooke started out as a decent dancer, but she never really improved and she doesn't have that je ne sais quoi that makes you need to watch. Warren has never been a decent dancer, despite his impressive ability to move his considerable self fairly quickly 'round the dance floor, and his much-vaunted "teddybear" charm wore thin quite awhile ago. Lance, however, started off as no more than mediocre, but has developed and grown over the course of the competition to the point where is actually now quite a good dancer with that certain watchable something. And Lacey has apparently learned to keep her silly "rebel" stance in check while doing some excellent choreography at the same time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My problem with Brooke & Derek is actually Derek. He got somebody this time with some natural talent and has gone completely off the deep end with the competitiveness. I don't get any sense that they're having fun with this any more. I am curious to see what their freestyle will be though.

Warren and Kym deserve to be in the F3 just based on their chemistry and charm. And I feel he has improved, not as much as Lance but definitely more confident in selling the dance.

Lance and Lacey could really win this. And this is from someone who really, REALLY didn't like her during SYTYCD. She dialed the "rebel" posing way back and now is just showcasing her partner and playing to his strengths.

Boy I love Aretha, but not last night...that was just painful to listen to. The rest of the music was meh. Not a John Legend fan and Julianne is only very average. Do love Leona Lewis but I don't know if she was lip-synching or what but the echo on her song was annoying (loved Maks and Karina though!).
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I am okay with Cody leaving. I really liked this kid. He is so charming and sweet and worked really hard, but he reached his limit. There is no shame in him finishing fourth in this competition.

I recorded the recap show, just so I could check out the dances again. I noticed how Brooke messed up early on in that jive and never got back on track. It was worse seeing it again and watching her footwork. The one issue I have with Derek is that he makes the choreography unnecessarily complicated and intricate. The jive doesn't need that. They could have done an outstanding jive just sticking to the basics. Brooke is more than capable of doing the kicks, flicks, and jitterbugging. It's such an intense dance that it doesn't need any adornments.

I really wanted to see Lance and Lacey's dances again. I thought they were even better. That mambo was genius. Their jitterbug was the real standout. Just nonstop energy, great choreography, fun, energetic, athletic and exciting. I have to give credit to Lacey for out-choreographing the other dance pros. Both dances were brilliant. She has learned to tone it down a little, let Lance shine and just do her thing. They really do have the momentum going into the final.

Warren's footwork was even worse than I thought. I love his showmanship, but I really think he is lacking technically. For some reason I am not loving him as much lately.

I didn't think Aretha was in good voice at all. Leona Lewis does nothing for me. John Legend was pretty good. I really loved seeing the pros - Louis, Anna, Karina and Maks. My goodness, Karina and Maks really heated up the dance floor. I am one who hopes that they bring back the same group of pros. I don't think there is any need to look outside for anyone else. Anna, Jonathan, Louis, Ashly are all pros that I would love to see next season.

It was great seeing Kristi and Mark. They are amazing. Kristi really does dance like a pro. She is in a class by herself.

I sincerely hope that the show doesn't go crazy trying to make a lot of changes. If ratings are down a little, well, that's true of commercial TV in general since the writer's strike. It's still a highly rated, successful show. If they stick to the formula that has worked for them, then they should be fine. They need to get a great group of celebrities who hopefully can improve and become great dancers. It's the excitement of seeing who can really do well and how competitive it is. If they want to incorporate one or two new dances, well and good. But they don't need to reinvent the wheel.

I think this final may very well be more exciting and competitive than we might have thought. I have to admit that I am really rooting for Lance and Lacey now. They showed me something this week and I think Lance has progressed and improved the most. The best freestyle may well determine the winner.

Well, I'm happy with the final three. Each deserve to win in their own way so I won't be disapointed wih whatever the results are next week. Cody and Julianne put up a good fight, but cody was overmatched.

Brooke & Derek - They are the most talented, but Derek needs to chill. Brooke doesn't look like she's having any fun out there anymore. If they want to win they need to back off just a little on the difficulty and let Brooke shine in the prsentation.

Warren & Kim - These two show what dance is all about, they always look like they are having fun out there. Technique suffers some, but they are entertaining. I'd also love to see Kim win. She is the best sport on the show.

Lance & Lacey - Most improved dancers. Lance is really into it now, and he is peaking at the right time.

After watching last night though I just have to say that Kristi still blows all this season's stars completely out of the water.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3237618;
    After watching last night though I just have to say that Kristi still blows all this season's stars completely out of the water.
    Technically, you're right. I completely did not enjoy last season though and didn't get great joy out of watching Kristi. She was good, but didn't light a spark in me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast