+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So more importantly, what time during the telecast was the Bachelor commercial shown?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

LOVED both of Lance/Lacey's routines and was really proud of them for the great job they did! All my votes went to them again so I hope they pull through and head on into the finale!

If I had to pick one couple to go, I would have to say Cody/Julianne........he's adorable and I love his enthusiasm but the weakest link of the remaining couples IMO.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I really think if Warren makes it through he needs to say SCREW his obligations and really work on his dancing. He was good tonight, but he dances were sort of lacking something. I really can't put my finger on it but something wasn't right.

And I want him to win, so he really needs to step his game up if he makes it through tomorrow!

And it kills me to admit that Lance/Lacey were by FARRR the best tonight! I adored both of their dances! Well done!

I HATEDDDDD Brooke's outfit for the salsa, but the dance wasn't bad. I totally hated there first dance though.

Cody can go tomorrow. I didn't like either of his dances AT ALL.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Brooke & Derek. I didn't like either of the dances. The second one she didn't have what it takes to fill out that outfit or like Kim K isn't good at shakin her moneymaker. I thought we may have a Janet jackson moment for a second with her pants.

Cody & Julianne- I didn't like and he just isn't mature enough to pull off these dances. Julianne has a tendency to use her partner has a spotter at times. I felt like that with Cody tonight.

Lance and Lacey*I loved their first dance. Finally they did something that made me excited to watch. Lance is peaking at the right time.

Warren- I love him and he totally is a charmer with the audience. Kym seems to enjoy him so much.

Premium Member

IMO,we will see Warren, Lance and Brooke in the finale. I really wish Brooke would go and Cody would stay instead though.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3236259;
    IMO,we will see Warren, Lance and Brooke in the finale. I really wish Brooke would go and Cody would stay instead though.
    I wouldn't count Cody out. Of course I love thinking of the conspiracy angles as to why he may or may not survive. But even though he should go, and probably will, I still won't be at all shocked if he's dancing next week. I'm betting on a shocker tomorrow night (hopefully Brooke or Lance-preferably Lance). Then again, it could just be a wish that something shakes this season up.

Warren/Kym for the win! I've love to see Kym finally snag a trophy (on this series, anyway) but I hope getting Warren doesn't mean she gets yet another clunker next season.

It pains me to admit that L/L had the best dances of the night, but I still don't think they're much to write home about. I don't think Lance is the best dancer by far, but I don't think anyone left really falls into that category. Even Brooke, who bores me. So of all seasons for it to go to someone on personality and entertainment value, this would be the one. I power voted for Warren/Kym tonight, because if there is a shocker tomorrow, I'm afraid they may be it. Never underestimate the power of teeny boppers.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-18-2008 at 02:25 AM.

I was surprised at the first round. Not very good at all. Certainly did not seem like prior semi finals. I give L & L credit for doing better. Still don't enjoy them all that much, though. I guess I've been disappointed in this season. I've been enjoying Warren, but he was not his usual self tonight, either. I like Lance, but I fear that if he wins, we will be subject to a second season with Lacey. I've tried to like her, but she just annoys me. I think part of it is her dance style. I prefer those with the more traditional dance backgrounds, I guess. They just seem more elegant and fluid on the dance floor.

I just had to come on here and post my thoughts, couldn't wait until tomorrow.

Brooke and Derek - Their first dance was really awful. I was frankly shocked. I think Derek put in way too much stuff and made it unnecessarily complicated. Brooke lost her way early on and made a number of mistakes that were easy even for me to see. I think he focused too much on entertainment and pushed Brooke too hard with this dance. The jive is not supposed to be complicated. It's an energetic, driving dance with an intense beat. Lots of kicks, flicks and jitterbugging. You don't need to throw in that all that other stuff. However, I do think they made a nice comeback with their salsa. I thought Brooke was having fun for once and seemed relaxed and more at ease. I actually enjoyed watching them and thought they managed to successfully combine the technical with entertainment.

Cody and Julianne - I thought their paso just didn't work. I hated the music and thought Cody was stiff and unnatural. I didn't see any of the matador and the feel of this dance. I was surprised and disappointed in the choreography. Their second dance was somewhat better, but Cody seemed kind of awkward and just not his usual self tonight. I think he has reached his limit here.

Warren and Kym - I really like Warren, but I think he has been off the last week or two. I have this feeling that they don't have the time to practice and it shows. His footwork is just not good enough. I know that he is still a master showman, but I think his technique has actually gotten worse. That jitterbug was cute and he was a little more nimble and moved better, but for me it was kind of a disappointment. I really like him and was hoping to see him really step it up. The audience still loves him and I think that's enough to get him through to the finals.

Lance and Lacey - I am so thrilled for them! They owned the night. Finally, Lance's potential was realized in two consistently outstanding dances. Their mambo was simply incredible. Lance was moving so beautifully through the whole dance. His footwork has improved tremendously. Then the icing on the cake - that jitterbug. Brilliant! I didn't even notice that Lance lost his shoe. Unbelievable. I said last week here that when this couple cooks, they create some badly needed liveliness and excitement. Even Warren couldn't top their showmanship. They really have the momentum going into the finals. I also said before that I believed that Lance was the second best dancer in this competition, to Brooke. Well, tonight he was the best dancer, hands down. I am just so happy for them!

I think Cody will be the one to go, unless there truly is a shocker. I think Warren, Brooke and Lance should be the final three. They better watch out, because Lance is coming on strong.

I just got done watching the first half and wow... the leaders have totally let me down. Brooke's dance was horrible. I don't even know where to start with all the things I saw wrong with it. Warren seemed to have lost his joy in his first dance. He was never that much of a technician but he made his dances look like so much fun that I would overlook his lack of technique. This one looked awkward and forced. Cody, I thought it was a good dance for him and didn't get the comments the judges were making.

Lance.... I know it's not a popular opinion but he has become my favorite. I look forward to his dances every week and I LOVED his mambo. It was incredible. So much so that I want to watch it again. I think Lacey finally figured out how to let the star shine, she's young and new to this game and had growing pains. From what I can recall, they ALL did.

Off to watch the rest of the show.

Oh yeah, one last thing.. Lances grandpa is so adorable!! I just wanted to hug him.

Finished watching the whole show and my first comment is...

*SQUEE!* Christian Perry! I love him. He's so awesome and I really liked him on Ballroom Bootcamp on TLC. Anybody remember that?

Brooke: Technically perfect, seriously on par with a pro. However, something is missing from her dances as everybody has pointed out. Perfection is boring, especially when there is no joy in the dance and you can see how hard she is trying. If that makes sense? She's pushing so hard and being pushed so hard that she doesn't seem to be having fun anymore.

Cody: Awww... that was so bad. Bless his heart and Julianne's. I'd still like to see him stay over Brooke but not likely going to happen. I really love watching him dance, no matter how bad it is because he makes it so clear how much he enjoys dancing and how grateful he is to still be in it.

Warren: I went from not liking him due to his NFL rep to liking him and now I'm sliding back towards not liking him. Not sure where it started going south for me but I'm not as big of a fan as I was before. I think it started with the whole "these ain't my shoes" thing where his dance was off because he was given shoes that were too small. I think at that point it stopped being just fun for him and started being more of a competition and that's when he lost what made it so special watching him. Plus he just looks so tired! What the heck were they dancing? That looked NOTHING like what Christian danced before them. In spite of all this, he is my second favorite of those left.

Lance: WOW WOW WOW that was amazing! Everything about it felt spot on, he even had the bent over posture, the high kicks and to be able to keep going when he lost his shoe without missing a beat? Amazing! By far my favorite (of the ones left) and I want to see what he does for his free style. I am so happy for him that he finally started getting the judges support. He's come so far and improved so much that I'm rooting for him to win it all. I know that on this forum it's a very unpopular opinion but I like Lacey and hope she comes back next season. I can appreciate what she's done with Lance and how far she's managed to bring him in such a short amount of time. Plus I just like her routines. For not having the ballroom experience (the same type.. I still think she's more than qualified) as the other pros, she manages to put together routines that I feel are far superior to what alot of the others are doing. Plus I just love an underdog and that huge perverse streak in me tends to pull for those that are the most disliked if I can't see the reason why (I got the Master P dislike and completely agreed with that!).

+ Reply to Thread