+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 & 11/11 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Sorry but Derek is sucking just about all the fun out of watching Brooke. She's really good, but trying to make her look like a professional is missing the point slightly. They don't look like they're having a good time any more, its all work.

I don't get Maurice at all. I feel zero chemistry between Cheryl and him. he can go tonight please.

Cody is goofy and improving so he can stay one more week!

Love Warren...what a bundle of fun!

L/L sure are the punching bags for Len...what is his problem? They did fine last night.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I thought Brooke was way overscored on her Tango. She had a ton of footwork mistakes, and Len's 8 was the highest score she should have gotten. Everyone else gets docked and called out on their footwork mistakes, but she doesn't? Carrie Ann and Bruno need to get their heads out of Brooke behind and actually watch the dance for once. I think she's only gotten one bad comment from each of them all season. She's good, but she's not that good.

I hope Lance or Warren can pull off a win, because I feel like Derek and Brooke think they have this thing in the bag.

Rant, off.
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fogey

I'm going to have to go back and watch Brooke's second dance again -- was she holding on to the judge's table for a portion of her solo? As I'm remembering it, she was. So her solo is set up so the judges can't see her feet, and she's got the aid of what is essentially a ballet bar. That says to me that she can only do the solo with assistance -- not all that impressive.

FORT Regular

Warren rocked the house last night. He was fun to watch and to me, that's what the show is about.

I hope that Cody survives tonight so we can see the return of Julianne.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3232329;
    I thought Brooke was way overscored on her Tango. She had a ton of footwork mistakes, and Len's 8 was the highest score she should have gotten. Everyone else gets docked and called out on their footwork mistakes, but she doesn't? Carrie Ann and Bruno need to get their heads out of Brooke behind and actually watch the dance for once. I think she's only gotten one bad comment from each of them all season. She's good, but she's not that good.

I hope Lance or Warren can pull off a win, because I feel like Derek and Brooke think they have this thing in the bag.

Rant, off.
    I thought Brooke was overscored too; she is a great dancer but the dances look the same to me each week. I feel the same as you do; I think Derek feels that they are a lock for the final so he is creating ambitious programs to try and distance themselves from the rest of the competition even more. However, if you look at Dial Idol.Com (not sure of the accuracy), Kym & Warren are the clear leaders from last night. I would love to see them win it. I think Kym has done an amazing job at choreographing around his strengths. I always smile when watching them and she has been with the show for awhile. She deserves a win.

Lance & Lacey are too current for Len's liking. He is more traditional. I think they are great to watch as you never know what to expect.

Julianne being back next week will save Cody. I think Maurice and Cheryl are the ones who will leave tonight.

FORT Regular

I agree that Kym has done a wonderful job with the choreography for Warren. I smile when I watch the two of them dance.

I really really liked watching the show last night. It was entertaining to watch how everyone was dancing. I don't think there was an outstanding star (to me). I will say that Warren seems to enjoy himself out there more than the others. He exudes happiness while he's dancing. If it turns out that Kym has shown him how to fake it, I'll eat my hat!

I think either Maurice or Cody will be leaving tonight. Maurice.

I thought last night's show was the best dancing so far.

Maurice and Cheryl - The quickstep was very good. The athleticisim of the dance suited Maurice very well. He held his posture and looked much more comfortable than he has in the other ballroom dances. I did not think their paso was all that great. Maurice looked stiff and awkward. Also, since when does a solo consist of standing still and twirling a cape around you? I would have liked to see him do some twirling and staccato steps of the matador in addition to the cape.

Cody and Edyta - I loved their foxtrot. I think Cody was at his most disciplined and focused. It appears that they are feeling more comfortable together, but I still think he and Julianne work better as a couple. Their mambo was all over the place. They weren't moving together well and Cody seemed kind of spastic. The mambo is supposed to be a fluid, sensual dance with smooth moves. I didn't see that. But I did like his solo. I didn't think he had those hip moves in him. I can't help - I like this kid.

Brooke and Derek - I thought their tango was technically well done, but again I had that same feeling - where is the magic? It did feel like work and not fun. You can concentrate so hard on doing the most difficult and intricate choreography and risk losing the sheer entertainment of the dance. I did not love their latin dance, not sure if it was samba or mambo. Brooke's solo holding onto the table and shimmying while the judges couldn't see her footwork, was kind of lame. She certainly is good enough to have done more. I take nothing away from this couple. They are the most technically skilled, but I want something more. I want that certain intangible feeling that I get when I enjoy the heck out of a dance. I also think that Bruno and CA overscored their tango with those 10's. Len was unusually harsh on them.

Lance and Lacey - Their foxtrot was great! I loved Lance playing to the camera and showing off the charm. He seemed so much at ease. You can see the confidence in his dancing. They kept it traditional, yet managed to have some fun with it. Their samba left me a little confused. I didn't like the music at all. It reminded me of Cody and Julianne's samba, where the weird music kind of dictated their sharper moves. The samba is so rhythmic and sexy. I did notice the samba rolls, which was a good idea for content, but the whole dance did not work for me. I loved Lance's solo. I thought he really pulled off some moves. At least he actually danced. But Len's bias towards BOTH of them is really going to hurt their chances. Len giving them a 7 for their second dance was just plain mean.

Warren and Kym - Everything that is missing with Brooke and Derek, is so there with this couple. I loved their James Bond tango. Warren is the consummate showman. This guy loves the stage! It had personality, flair and fun while also incorporating all of the required moves. I can't remembe when I have seen a big man so comfortable in his own skin. As for the jive, while it certainly was fun, I do have to say that Warren's footworks was bad. Kym did a great job of trying to choreograph around it, but there were no kicks and flicks and jitterbugging. But Warren's solo was the highlight of the night. Kym gave him moves that he could do and he showed some nimble feet. These two had the audience cheering. Their entertainment, showmanship and just plain fun is the key element.

I think it will be either Maurice or Cody leaving tonight. I really like Cody and want to see Julianne back, so I am hoping it's Maurice. I think he has gotten a lot better, but he is still not that great.

the bottom two for me last night was Cody and Lance. With Lance leaving. I too thought Brooke was overrated. Though her tango was good but you can tell she was tired on that second dance. The timing was well off. I love Warren and Kim, they have so much fun together. They should be in the finals. I love Cheryl and Maurice has improved quite a great deal from when he first started out, but I agree with CarrieAnn about the stomping feet. I like Cody but Edyta looks too old to be dancing with him. It's like Cody is dancing with his mother...eewww! I just can't get into Lance and Lacey. They weren't that good last night and I don't know how they scored higher than Cheryl and Maurice.

+ Reply to Thread