+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 & 11/11 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Warren is so cute! Reminds me of a huge teddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

I can't help but LOVE Warren - he engages the audience, and hell, to look at him you'd NEVER expect a guy his size to have that kind of control over his body, and the little moves, whew!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Warren and Kym: Mr. Happy Feet strikes again!! That was fun! Loved his solo! Gotta love him, and I do!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Len really seems to have it out for poor Lacey which brings Lance down by association.

I liked Warren's dance, but that's a little overscored.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3232154;
    Warren has lost weight. He moves very well for a large guy,
    Has anyone heard how much weight he has lost? This was OK, but not nearly as good as the first one.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3232159;
    Len really seems to have it out for poor Lacey which brings Lance down by association.

Yeah, and I don't get it. She was brought on to the show for some reason - I figured it was to try and bring a fresh aspect to it (and I suspect she did, too, going from the way she's done her choreography). I mean, if they wanted or needed someone else, Ashley Delgrosso hasn't been on for a while, and she was really good (but got stuck with LOSERS...can anyone say Master P?). Lacey's specialty is not ballroom, which is what made me think they brought her on to add another dimension to the competition, and then they hate on her. Poor kid.

Add to that the fact that I really think she had a hard time pulling Lance out of his lack of self-confidence in dance, and I think she had a rocky start. I hope she sticks around, 'cause I enjoy her differences. For example, I loved the barefoot rhumba - I found it very sensual.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I always believed Lacey was added for drama and to attract the younger audience, nothing else. Given the new dance styles we've seen this season (hip hop for the group number, adding the WCS, Salsa, Hustle, and Jitterbug), all the coverage given to injuries and controversies with contestants, the whole rebel arc with Lance-who else could have pulled it off? This season seemed to have a theme for going off the beaten path a little and Lacey added to the direction the show wanted to take. I still don't get what the big appeal was with Lacey, or why they couldn't have found someone more ballroom that had an edge. From what I understand it sounds like Ashly was coming back this season, but was replaced by Lacey at the last minute. What I've never liked about them and their attitude was the whole rebel arc. The 'we're going to do things our way, this is what America wants, we're going to break the rules, we're edgy' then when they get called out on those things whine about it If they know the judges won't like it, either do it or be quiet about the criticism.

As for the group solos-what was the point? I don't think what Brooke did was exactly a solo. I was a fan in the beginning of hers but am over them. Still hoping for a Warren/Kym victory Though they got their female winner last season, finally, so I think they're going for the non athlete this season. Maurice's quickstep was a huge improvement from his past dances, and fun to watch. His paso not so much, and I think showed how weak he was. I think it'll come down to him or Cody going home tomorrow, but I thought Cody got shafted (again) so I'm really worried about his chances. Hopefully the idea of Julianne returning next week keeps him in it. Edyta looked so heartbroken last week, and seeing her and Cody this week during rehearsals I really hope they don't get sent home. Wait until Julianne comes back, don't do that to Edyta.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I really like Edyta. Julianne is fine. But I find Cody the least appealing of the remaining "stars". Though I would feel badly for Edyta, I want Cody to go.

I thought Maurice and Cheryl did very well in their first dance; not so well in the second. Cody and Edyta were better than last week and I did enjoy Cody's solo. I did not enjoy Brooke and Derek's tango at all. Their samba was better, but I think they were definitely overscored on both. I did enjoy Lance and Lacey's first dance; the second was not very good. Warren is my main reason for watching. He is another Emmitt Smith who just makes me want to get on the dance floor.

+ Reply to Thread