+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 & 11/11 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/10 & 11/11 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

The end of the season is almost here, and the results shows are going back to what I originally loved about DWTS. Filler and fluff, yes, but loved the audience reaction segement, and of course love it when they bring the pros on to do a number (especially Maks and Alec ) It was cool seeing Alec's brother as well; I wish he'd sign on to become a pro. Could have done without seeing Lacey and her brother and sincerely hope this doesn't mean we're going to get another SYTYCD person next year. But I think Derek and Julianne are done after this season, so that may be likely

I think Maurice had a good dance in his quickstep last night, but too little, too late. I don't think Maurice was going to get any better at this stage, and unless the producers tweak it so they get the Hough final 2 I think Cody is next, even with Julianne. But I feel like we're in for a shocker next week, and since I'm not lucky to get rid of Lance/Lacey or Brooke/Derek...of course the producers could always pull for a Lance/Lacey win and have them have that story angle of how they were the rebels with everything against them but beat the big favorites in the end.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by jessesmom;3232918;
    I think Cody is doing amazingly well - remember how young he is, he must be giving up a lot for this. I am glad Edyta is gone - I don't really care for her. I think she is totally arrogant and the comment she made about Cody being manly with her but going back to being a kid with Julianne was uncalled for. I love Warren but I find Brooke a wee bit overrated.
    I feel just the opposite. Cody is just boring and I love Edyta. And I don't think her comment was really off base. He is just a kid and he acts like it, which makes him far less appealing to me. Guess I just like my men manly. (Where is Maks when you need him?)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3232924;
    Could have done without seeing Lacey and her brother and sincerely hope this doesn't mean we're going to get another SYTYCD person next year. But I think Derek and Julianne are done after this season, so that may be likely
    Honestly, many very talented ballroom/latin have gone on SYTYCD (Anya, Pasha, Dmitry, to name a few), and DwtS would be lucky to get some of them on their show. I doubt it would ever happen, but not every SYTYCD dancer is like Lacey. I like Lacey, but it's obvious she hasn't been received positively by many viewers. But just because she went on SYTYCD doesn't mean that every other ballroom/latin dancer that went on SYTYCD is the same.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3232956;
    Honestly, many very talented ballroom/latin have gone on SYTYCD (Anya, Pasha, Dmitry, to name a few), and DwtS would be lucky to get some of them on their show. I doubt it would ever happen, but not every SYTYCD dancer is like Lacey. I like Lacey, but it's obvious she hasn't been received positively by many viewers. But just because she went on SYTYCD doesn't mean that every other ballroom/latin dancer that went on SYTYCD is the same.
    I agree with your statement!

If we got to choose which SYTYCD ballroom dancer to show up on DWTS...I proudly throw my hand up in the air and ask for Artem! Carrie Ann wouldn't be very partial since that's her fella but I'd love to see me some Artem on there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3232641;
    I don't think anyone would deny that technically speaking - Brooke is the best but she and Derek have no spark. I get bored watching them. To me, Brooke looks like she is so worried about remembering the steps that she isn't having fun.

I really like Warren and Cody - while they might not be technically perfect - they both just have SO MUCH FUN! and that is what I like to see. I didn't like Kristy last year b/c I didn't feel like she was having fun and I think that is so key. My favorite danceer still to this day is Drew - he was such a blast to watch and I would feel the same way if Warren won. My husband and I think Warren is like a movie character of the football player that breaks out in dance to show his softer side in a comedy and we absolute love him - that man has embraced the spirit of DWTS!

Lance does a blog and he said in it that he hopes Cody leaves tonight and Maurice next week putting him in the top 3 with Brooke and Maurice. That seems rather rude and arrogant to me to say that he hopes Cody leaves tonight. So it is my hope that Lance and his arrogant butt get the boot tonight!
    ITA. I just love Warren and I actually think Warren and Kym will win DWTS this season. I think the F2 couples will be Warren/Kym and Brooke/Derek. I think Warren's personality and cheerfulness and looking like he is having a good time, will put him over the top. He kind of reminds me of Emmit Smith, who won Season 4. I just loved him too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3232956;
    But, for me, having Lacey on this season, all the drama and story lines the producers tagged along with her, and thinking she's just one of the changes that I didn't like to this season, I don't another SYTYCD alumni probably would've gone over well with me no matter who it was. In fairness to Lacey, I'm sure if they picked someone other than her whoever it was probably would have met the same fate and same 'we're rebels but not really' story with Lance. I'd much rather see some of the other pros return before they bring over someone else from a different reality show, regardless of their dance background from that show. Especially if it's going to mean more dance style changes, and adding dances that are that particular pros speciality (I doubt we would have seen WCS this season if Lacey wasn't there). I didn't mind the salsa or jitterbug, but leave out the hustle, WCS, and hip hop.

And since I'm so down on CA this season, I especially don't want anyone that's going to suit her style.

ITA. I just love Warren and I actually think Warren and Kym will win DWTS this season. I think the F2 couples will be Warren/Kym and Brooke/Derek. I think Warren's personality and cheerfulness and looking like he is having a good time, will put him over the top. He kind of reminds me of Emmit Smith, who won Season 4. I just loved him too.
    I hope that's the final 2. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Cody in there, too, but I honestly think he's done next week. Between the other four couples, and even with Julianne back, I'm not sure he can compete. I didn't expect to get behind him, but he's really grown on me over the season. I think he's been having fun and seeing how frustrated he got over being in the bottom 2 last week made me realize he's really trying hard and wants this. ADD and all. But I'm fine with anyone winning but the two rebels. I don't think Warren is the best dancer, but I think he's better than Lance and Cody. And his personality and entertainment value on the dance floor make up for what Brooke has been lacking, imo. He and Kym just seem to have this chemistry that isn't so in your face but flows together naturally. I'd love to see Kym finally walk off with the mirror ball trophy.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-12-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3232971;
    But, for me, having Lacey on this season, all the drama and story lines the producers tagged along with her, and thinking she's just one of the changes that I didn't like to this season-yeah, another SYTYCD alumni probably wouldn't go over well with me no matter who it is. I'm sure whoever it was probably would have met the same fate and same 'we're rebels but not really' story with Lance. I'd much rather see some of the other pros return before they bring over someone else from a different reality show, regardless of their background. Especially if it's going to mean more dance style changes, and adding dances that are that particular pros speciality (I doubt we would have seen WCS this season if Lacey wasn't there). I didn't mind the salsa or jitterbug, but leave out the hustle, WCS, and hip hop.

And since I'm so down on CA this season, I especially don't want anyone that's going to suit her style.
    No other ballroom/latin dancer from SYTYCD would be a "rebel." Benji, maybe, but other than him, every other SYTYCD ballroom/latin would probably follow the rules. Actually, I don't think even Benji would rebel against the rules either, seeing as how his sister has been received by the viewers. I doubt he would want that to happen to him.

I've read posts where you've said that you don't watch SYTYCD because it's not your cup of tea. If you watched a whole season of the show, then you would know that none of the other SYTYCD alumni would be catered to as Lacey has (even though I personally think that Lacey hasn't been catered to). If any other SYTYCD ballroom/latin dancer were to go on the show, then he/she would be treated as Inna was this season--as a regular, professional dancer.

But anyway, I seriously doubt that any other dancers from SYTYCD would go on this show.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-12-2008 at 03:09 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

What I mean about the rebel part is I think that's what the producers cast Lacey for. I'll never really believe it was so much dancing ability that they were looking for a new angle. They love story lines-all the rivalries with the husband/wife, brother/sister, and father/son (complete with putting Mark and Corky in the bottom 2 one week-and don't be surprised for that to happen to Derek and Julianne, if it happens), all the drama over injuries and judges remarks. I think that's what they wanted, and they probably would have told any new pro paired with Lance to play it up. Which is why he likely got Lacey and not Ashly DelGrosso or Inna Brayer. Lacey and Lance don't play up the rebel act very well with going back and forth each week about whether or not to follow the rules and listen to the judges, then when they don't like what they hear plan a revolt. So I doubt Inna would have been anymore convincing (and her I do hope to see next season). Even though she was on two episodes she seemed really cool.

There have been times (though very few) that I've felt sorry for Lacey. But still hope she and Lance are the next to go. As long as Warren and Kym stick around, however, and go on to win it all I'm fine with whatever happens
    Last edited by karalott; 11-12-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3232984;
    What I mean about the rebel part is I think that's what the producers cast Lacey for. I'll never really believe it was so much dancing ability that they were looking for a new angle. They love story lines-all the rivalries with the husband/wife, brother/sister, and father/son (complete with putting Mark and Corky in the bottom 2 one week-and don't be surprised for that to happen to Derek and Julianne, if it happens), all the drama over injuries and judges remarks. I think that's what they wanted, and they probably would have told any new pro paired with Lance to play it up. Which is why he likely got Lacey and not Ashly DelGrosso or Inna Brayer. Lacey and Lance don't play up the rebel act very well with going back and forth each week about whether or not to follow the rules and listen to the judges, then when they don't like what they hear plan a revolt. So I doubt Inna would have been anymore convincing (and her I do hope to see next season). Even though she was on two episodes she seemed really cool.
    I see what you're saying. DwtS doesn't do that well in the 18-49 demographic, and adding drama to the show can possibly bring in more viewers. Lacey may have been cast for drama, but she's a talented dancer, and that probably was a factor in the casting's decision to add her to the show. Brooke & Derek have been dominating the competition, but the only week when they haven't claim the top spot was when Lancey claimed it. So yeah, I would say Lacey was added for the show for being a talented dancer who can bring drama to the show.

FORT Regular

I am glad that Edyta did not get voted off twice this season. She did a great job stepping in as Cody's partner.

+ Reply to Thread