+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3227938;
    The ONLY thing I can come up with for Susan's scores is that they didn't want to score her low and have her fans come out in droves to vote for her. This way the voters might think she is safe and power vote for Cody or even Warren (his first dance didn't get very good scores).

Hopefully this means she will be gone tomorrow night.
    THANK YOU Gala62 for explaining a very valid reason for the high scores - I only hope you are spot on!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3227955;
    Shoepie, this sounds so cruel, but Susan has had so much plastic surgery you might say she's all plastic.
    What horrifies me more is her personality or lack thereof. Well, her body is alarming too. She is humorless and seems to be posing for the camera all the time. I only know of her from her constant whining about not winning an Emmy.

The team dance was a really bad, unfair idea. Someone was going to be stuck with the worst dancer. In this case, Susan. But really, it was set-up so lopsided, it wasn't even funny. I think that Cody got the worst end of the stick and I hope he does not go home because of it.

Team Cha-cha had a much harder dance to synchronize and if they had sync'd it the complaint would have been the cha-cha is not supposed to be so stiff. Then, Cody and Edyta had to get to know eachother and learn 2 dances right off. Finally, Susan - oh, dear. She may be an iconic figure, but she just cannot dance. She is mincing and delicate and awkward all rolled together.

Team Paso only had to work around Maurice who has never danced a Paso. It is a dance that highlights the woman. For all intents, Brooke is considered as good as some pros. Throughout the seasons, paso dobles are scored higher - almost every decent team has pulled off a well received paso. Stronger dancers with a more suitable dance is going to be scored better.

I think that it would have not scored a 29 if they had danced first. Team Paso was better, no doubt, but not that much better. I think the judges would have held back a bit, maybe all 9s. Part of the reason they got 10s was that it followed the hot mess that was the cha-cha.

For the rest of the night, once again, the judges scoring is all over the place. No way Cody should have been scored lower than Susan and no way Lance was only one point better.

I also think CA needs to take a break. She is just getting bitchier and bitchier.

Well, they did say CA had the flu last night, so maybe she was just overmedicated!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3227938;
    The ONLY thing I can come up with for Susan's scores is that they didn't want to score her low and have her fans come out in droves to vote for her. This way the voters might think she is safe and power vote for Cody or even Warren (his first dance didn't get very good scores).

Hopefully this means she will be gone tomorrow night.
    I actually wonder if they did that team dance as a way to showcase just how awful Susan really was so people would take pity on her and not vote for her to stay. Last night's episode was a joke. From the scores, to that team dance. And the saying three's a crowd is beginning to apply to the judges. Can CA, keep Len and Bruno.

If Warren and Brooke were on the same team they should have at least been stuck with Susan. That seems like the only way that would have been fair (of course they did have an easier dance to do). I just can't believe Susan wasn't in the bottom 2 last week, and if she survives this week, I'm going to think it's all about ABC keeping one of their own on. Not that I'm disappointed, but I'm wondering if it's no coincidence that Cloris went home the week before the team dance.

I am still steamed that they cannot drudge up enough money to have the winner have something to give to charity, but now the celebrities are not even celebrities.
    The only thing that I'd have against a celeb playing for a charity is it might be Marie all over again, with people from that charity voting in droves to keep their celeb in-even if they made Cloris look like Ginger and Master P like Fred.

So by my accounting the judges leaderboard looks like this:

Brooke & Derek 30 + 29 = 59
    Maurice & Cheryl 25 + 29 = 54
    Warren & Kim 21 + 29 = 50
    Lance & Lacey 25 + 20 = 45
    Susan & Tony 24 + 20 = 44
    Cody & Edyda 22 + 20 = 42

Here are my thoughts -

Warren and Kym - I don't think the ballroom dances suit Warren very well. He really did seem off with this footwork, too. I think he has been slightly off both this week and last. I like him and hope he gets back to basics. Of course, he did benefit from that stupid group dance contest.

Maurice and Cheryl - It's pretty obvious that the fast latin dances are better suited to Maurice. I think this was definitely one of his best dances. He really did show a lot of hip action and moved beautifully. But I think he is a bit of a one-note. You also have to master the slower ballroom dances and he has not managed to do it.

Susan and Tony - I guess this is about the best we can expect from Susan and Tony had to bully the life out of her to get it done. But I think they were overscored. I made it a point to watch Susan's footwork this time and she simply has no sense of music and can't keep time to the beat. This seems to be so stressful for her and she is so fragile emotionally. It would really be best if she could go tonight.

Cody and Edyta - I think Cody had built up a level of trust and comfort with Julianne. They were a match made in heaven. It seems so unfair that he has to try to adjust to a new partner. I like Edyta a lot, but I didn't see a lot of chemistry between them. The dance seemed kind of stiff and wooden. I like this young man and would love to see him stay in the competition, but it really is asking a lot of him to change partners at this late date.

Lance and Lacey - I loved their rumba! I didn't even realize that they were doing it barefoot. I think they showed a lot of chemistry and Lance is really dancing a lot better. He has confidence and presence. I think they were underscored and Len's obvious bias towards Lacey is really making me mad. He had to find something to pick on, so he called them out for tricks and dancing barefoot. Nonsense! Len really does try to stifle the creativity of the dancers. No way did they deserve lower scores than Susan.

Brooke and Derek - This was a truly lovely foxttrot, but for some reason I don't find them particularly exciting. I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing. I do think this was one of their best dances and I guess I can't argue too much with the perfect score. You just know the judges were dying to give it to her.

As for the competing group dances, I thought it was a joke. If you are going to do this, to make it fair they have to do the SAME dance! Otherwise, you end up with a situation where one team has a much easier dance than the other. Also, having Warren and Brooke on the same team pretty much guaranteed that they would win.

I thought Lance and Lacey were outstanding in their solo dance. He just keeps getting better and better. I feel bad because they are stuck with the overall low score. They just can't seem to get a break. I thought the group cha-cha-cha was underscored. CA needs to take a chill pill. She was way too harsh on them. Susan was the really weak link.

Warren and Brooke pulled out the stops for the paso doble and it was the much stronger performance. But it is a lot easier to march in unison than to dance with a rhythmic, syncopated cha-cha-cha. I thought they were overscored.

I just think it's unfair to penalize the better dancers for a weak couple in their group. I hope Cody makes it through. Maurice will be helped by the strong score in the group dance. I think it's time to put Susan out of her misery and send her home.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Brooke and Derek - This was a truly lovely foxttrot, but for some reason I don't find them particularly exciting. I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing. I do think this was one of their best dances and I guess I can't argue too much with the perfect score. You just know the judges were dying to give it to her.
    You hit the nail on the head what's been bugging me about Brooke/Derek. Dance they can, but personality wise they are dull, and I find their dancing dull. I look back at some of the other ringers/great dancers this show has had (Drew, the Mario's, Apolo, Joey Fatone). They had something else there, personality, a different chemistry with their partners.

In terms of Warren, aside from the quickstep ballroom definitely doesn't suit him. But something else seemed off about Warren last night, too. I know he had issues with his shoes and maybe that's all it was. But Warren looked worn out.

And with the team dances, I noticed team paso seemed to dance more as solos than as a group compared to team cha cha. I completely agree it was wrong to score them based as a group. Considering Cody/Edyta didn't exactly get high praise for the cha cha, they might not have gotten very good marks individually for it. But CA was brutal. I felt sorry for them, and even L/L, but I don't think they're going anywhere Wednesday. Cody/Edyta I'm worried about

I checked Dial Idol, and it looks like the one that could be in real jeopardy is Susan.

Looks like Cody got the sympathy vote for Julianne (not to mention the pull that Edyta has) so I think he's OK. I hope he gets to stick around long enough to work with Julianne again. It would be a real bummer if he got booted while she was sick. I don't know if he can contend for the title as I've only seen him do one really good dance.

The other surprise on Dial Idol was that Brooke was the second lowest ranking vote getter. We may have the Sabrina Bryan factor happening again - people voting to save instead of voting for the best dancer. I think she's OK this week because of her extremely high judges scores.

I agree with everyone about something being missing from the Brooke / Derek partnership. There doesn't seem to be that pizzaz that we've seen in past winning partnerships. I can't hlp wondering if that is because Brooke considers Derek to be a bit of an immature kid. His camera mugging this season is second only to Cloris's.

I hope Warren comes back stronger next week. I really thought he would be a major contender for a while, but he is now looking like he is in the same league as Maurice. They both are hot and cold. To win this thing you need to be consistently good.

If I had to pick a final two right now I would go with Lance / Lacey and Brooke / Derek. In spite of Len's disdain for Lacey this couple is showing the most improvement for me.

I think Derek mugging for the camera is a nervous habit he has acquired from being in dancing since a small child and away from home in another country for all those years. Why would you send both of your children away to dance? I guess this show is the big payoff? They couldn't find good teachers in the U.S.? Weird.....

+ Reply to Thread