+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/03 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I love the group performances on AI, SYTYCD and DWTS for the entertainment value but I agree that it's not right to be judged on them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I like the group dances as well, but I don't like this team concept where they get scored. I know team cha cha had all had that dance previously, but it might have been better for team paso to have been given a dance that they were weaker at previously. Brooke and Warren did well on their first paso, so why not give them the samba, since none of them got high marks on that first time (well, Brooke didn't from Len). I also wonder how they picked the team captains. Since Warren is one of the stronger dancers left, it might havr made more sense to have Cody or Maurice be the other team captain next to Susan. There's a good chance Warren and Brooke would have wound up on opposing teams.

So this season is pretty much playing out like season 6, except instead of Kristi it's Brooke. Considering I didn't think the girl had a fan base big enough to stand on, I guess that explains a lot of the high marks and praise. Not saying she can't dance, but didn't she say in the first episode she couldn't dance, had no experience, or something along those lines? I think Cody would have fared much better if he was with Julianne. Not taking anything away from Edyta, because I think they did wonderful (and deserved higher, or just as high, as Susan) but I think with the exact same dance Cody would have gotten more praise and higher marks.

I respect the judges being criticial to the celebs, but I think they can be nasty at times. As if team cha cha's esteem wasn't low enough going into that dance, CA probably delievered the final blow.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-03-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Is anyone else noticing that the pros just don't seem like they're having as good a time this year? Maybe its all the injuries or something, but the show almost feels depressing at times.

Susan just needs to go already. She was barely shown during their group dance. One of the few times she was, it was a fairly tight shot, not really showing her dancing. I get the feeling that Tony is really frustrated with her. It was clear the rest of that team was not too happy with the situation.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3227848;
    Is anyone else noticing that the pros just don't seem like they're having as good a time this year? Maybe its all the injuries or something, but the show almost feels depressing at times.

Susan just needs to go already. She was barely shown during their group dance. One of the few times she was, it was a fairly tight shot, not really showing her dancing. I get the feeling that Tony is really frustrated with her. It was clear the rest of that team was not too happy with the situation.

I totally see it too..I think the only pros that look like they are having fun is Derek and Kym..it helps they have great partners...but this season has not really been great..with the exception the great surprise of Warren...This season doesn't make me want to watch every week like some other seasons.

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched at all this season but I tuned in tonight just long enough to see the judges remarks of Susan Lucci Paso Doble and her group number.

I could be completely off base because I only did catch a smidgen of each but it seemed like Susan wasn't having any fun. I felt as if she is in over her head but that she knows it. She seems to be giving it her best even though she'd much rather be home, and I kind of felt bad for her. She would have been a great contestant in her earlier years, but not now.

Regarding the group number....I've watched every other season prior to this one, and this is the first time I've ever seen the judges actually dislike the group number! In the past, the judges have described the group numbers as fun, energetic, entertaining, etc. Even when the skill was lacking, the group numbers have made up for it with the entertainment factor.

They were downright harsh on the group number tonight. I couldn't believe it. Carrie Ann even said it was painful to watch. I think it was a bit uncalled for, personally.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-03-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3227798;
    It seemed like the camera work was purposefully hiding Susan, who was obviously the WEAK link!
    Agreed. She looked terrified in one quick shot, then the camera quickly panned away.

OK. What were the judges smoking that they scored Susan so high? I thought that was the worst Paso Doble I'd ever seen. She may have had some of the moves right, but there was not stomping or groundedness to it. She looked like a ballerina or something. It was just weird and not at all congruent with the mood/attitude of the dance. I was shocked when they started raving about how good she was.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3227848;

I'm beginning to wonder if that's why the judges seem so cranky this season. They seem worse than usual. So maybe they're not into this season and all the changes, either. It's almost painful to tune into this show each week this time around. I don't know if it's the injuries, the favoritism (which isn't really anything new), or maybe they aren't digging the changes this season, but something's off. I know Maks has been vocal and judging from his comments he's hinted he's not alone in feeling that way. I had a lot of high hopes for this season, but they went down the drain week 2. If Warren leaves I may just tune in at the end of the finale to see Brooke walk off with the mirror ball trophy.

I have to feel sorry for Tony in a way. Aside from Stacy, none of his partners were destined to get to the end. Sara Evans dropped out but probably wouldn't have made it to the end, either, Leeza had limited dancing skills and a lack of fan base, Jane ran out of steam, and he lucked out with Marissa jamming the lines. Why can't he ever luck out and get the Kristi, Brooke, or Sabrina?

They were downright harsh on the group number tonight. I couldn't believe it. Carrie Ann even said it was painful to watch. I think it was a bit uncalled for, personally.
    This whole group number reminded me of gym class and how you'd either be picked last for the team over all the athletic kids, or get stuck playing against a team full of athletes and get your butt kicked. You had Brooke and Warren on one side vs. Susan on the other, doing a dance that the 3 of them haven't done since the first week and none of them got good scores for. I don't think Susan and Warren should have been the captains. I don't know how they determined that, but those teams it was obvious who was going to come out on top they should have spared us the last twenty minutes. It was painful, and I felt for L/L, C/E, and yes, even Susan. She seemed to try her hardest but I think she knew it was all on her to pull it off. So that much more pressure on her. Even though the judges went out of their way to make her, Tony, Cody, and Edyta feel like crap and boost L/L ego, I think they could have been a little more tactful. Which is why I'm happy Len made that comment that team paso had it easier with their team dance. I think he wanted to say more.

It was good to see Edyta back, but I don't think she gave Cody enough dancing to do in the routine.

The fox trot is my favorite dance (shades of Fred and Ginger) and I loved watching Brooke and Derek. I have no problem with the score they received.

I agree that Susan shouldn't have been invited onto the show, if she couldn't devote the necessary amount of time to it. I don't see how she will be able to learn 2 dances per show.

Maurice was great for the second time tonight and I hated watching him dance in the beginning. He doesn't sound thrilled with the 2 dances in the offing. Cheryl is always tough on her partners. Drew still talks about it.

Apparently Warren needs custom made shoes, because of the size of his feet. He was too distracted during his dance. Very pleased to see Kim wearing her real hair once again. I wonder how much weight Warren has lost.

Lance/Lancey were very good tonight. I was torn with the contemporary like moves, but it seemed ballroom enough to pass. I think Len's issue was with the bare feet more than the dance. In rehearsal Lacey made it sound like Lance was a big cry baby and complained all of the time, but when he asked her to explain that when the bare feet were the only thing he claimed to baulk at, she didn't answer him (bitch).

Is Bruno gay? I thought so when the show first started, but he comes on to the women all of the time.

I enjoyed the paso group dance. I think Susan and Warren were picked as the oldest stars still in the competition. I don't think Warren likes Maurice and I was surprised to see him on his team.

Umm Cody, Honey. Leave the butt shaking to those with the goods and please don't thump your chest unless you actually have one. that is all.

Poor susan I can see her counting steps as she dances.lol

+ Reply to Thread