+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3224154;
    I really guess I would have seen Michael as a tougher judge. I love him but that was not a Rumba that deserved a 10.
    I also thought it was not a Rumba.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3224517;
    For what it's worth Louis has also spoken out that he never made those comments, and that they were taken out of context from another interview he made. Maks has said the same thing. Given their relationship with at least Cheryl, I believe them.
    Thanks for clearing this up. Hard to imagine what they meant though.
    Last edited by shoepie; 10-28-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Warren Sapp wasn't good last night, to me, it seemed he hardly moved, he posed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3224534;
    I agree. I absolutely love how Lacey and Lance dance together and I threw most of my votes their way last night... right along with Warren and Kym.

I never watched SYTYCD so I'm not carrying over what appears to be some major baggage from that show (I do, however, hold a little bit of a snoot because of her claiming to be dating David Cook when she wasn't... but... who wouldn't? ) While Lacey isn't traditional ballroom, I don't find her dancing to be unappealing or of a poor quality at all. And I love what she's brought out in Lance.
    Totally agree!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Here are my thoughts on last night.

Maurice and Cheryl - This Viennese waltz was a snoozefest. Maurice had better posture and tried his best, but he just is not comfortable with the slower ballroom dances.

Lance and Lacey - This jive was fantastic! I have to give Lacey credit for the great choreography. She really showcased Lance this time, a smart move. They had so much energy. The jive is a tough dance because there really is no room for error. But they were perfect right to the end. They really looked like they were having a ball. Maybe Lacey wasn't the best choice as a new pro this season, but I think she did wonders with this dance. They are definitely contenders.

Susan and Tony - This was probably Susan's best dance, but that's not saying much. She seemed to relax a little, but still seems nervous and tentative. I don't see her staying in this much longer, but her fans may rally to support her after last week's bottom two result.

Cody and Julianne - The music for this samba was kind of bizarre. It was too slow, and that made their dancing somewhat awkward. The samba is a dance with great flow and movement, smooth and rhythmic and sensual. I didn't get that feeling. But I do think it was still good and Cody has come a long way. I wonder how Julianne's surgery will affect him. I hope everything goes well for her. I had a friend who had this problem and it only got better after she got pregnant. I hope he will feel as comfortable with Edyta. It will be nice to see Edyta again, but I wish it was under better circumstances.

Brooke and Derek - This rumba did not quite work for me. It did seem as though Brooke's foot injury did affect her dancing. They are always good, but something was missing this time. Michael Flatley's 10 was more than generous. I am wondering if Brooke will be able to stay in the competition with that injury. It will only get harder from here on out.

Warren and Kym - I really liked their rumba. I will say that Warren did not do a lot of dancing, but when he is on the dance floor, he has such incredible presence and charisma that it's hard not to like him. For a big man, he is so graceful and dances with ease. I like him.

Cloris and Corky - This was just awful. It's beyond bad. I wish she would go already. The fun is gone for me. I also take issue with CA's comments. I think it was the height of hypocrisy for her to lament the fact that we lost Toni for this. Give me a break! If the judges had given Cloris the scores she deserved, then maybe Toni would still be here. The judges scores count for 50% of the total score, so they should look at themselves before lamenting the loss of better dancers.

I can only hope and pray that Cloris goes tonight. Then we can at least get back to the real dancing. I think Maurice or Susan could be in danger, too.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3224349;
    The group dance tonight was horrible. Even the pro's looked bad for the most part. Lacey was the only one who looked at all comfortable in it. I really don't understand why everyone seems to have such a hate on for her.
    Lacey is probably the only pro who has had training in hip hop - most of which she likely received on SYTYCD. Also she is young and edgy and probably likes crap rap music noise and the disjointed hip hop moves.

Lacey had a huge strike against her going into her season of SYTYCD. Her brother against all reason won the previous season and I detested the very sight of his mugging face which I knew would be a constant fixture in her audience. But even though she was a great dancer I couldn't get past her trashy appearance and persona. In addition she could only rarely dance WITH her partners. Usually they were just props to her and her focus was always "Look at me, everyone!" That hasn't changed.

Going into SYTYCD she was a WCS and Latin trained dancer. What little training she had in ballroom was gotten during her season. Now suddenly we are supposed to accept her as a professional ballroom choreographer? I don't think so. She can't possibly have the credentials for this job. In addition she has openly mocked and discounted the opinions of the judges and the format of this show. The established moves that make up the chosen dances are old fashioned and open to her interpretation. Anytime she condensends to use legitimate moves it is done with an air of sarcasm or humoring the judges.

She doesn't belong on this show and I hope she isn't invited back, but it is more than just an extended dislike from her appearance in a former show.
    Last edited by dberk; 10-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Cloris is a big joke, she's ruining the show, and she needs to go home. Lance and Lacey were the highlite of the show last night, especially during the group number, he was the only one that hit every step, he was just as good as the so called professionals. He was really in his element. He's def not the worst dance of the bunch any more. He should be very proud of himself.

It was wonderful to see Lance nail his dance last night, it was the best one of the entire show, IMHO. I hope it gave him a much needed confidence boost.

I didn't like Carria Ann's smack down of Cloris, I thought it was incredibly rude. Cloris is not responsible for Toni going home. The judges have given Cloris 7's and 8's for the previous weeks, so they have played a part in keeping her there. They also gave Toni lower scores, on par with Cloris, for those two weeks, so if they want Cloris to go then they need to keep giving her 5's or lower.

Susan's dancing is painful to watch, she's like a rigid robot trying to dance. I wish she could just relax and let go and not be so darn controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3224637;
    Lacey is probably the only pro who has had training in hip hop - most of which she likely received on SYTYCD. Also she is young and edgy and probably likes crap rap music noise and the disjointed hip hop moves.

Lacey had a huge strike against her going into her season of SYTYCD. Her brother against all reason won the previous season and I detested the very sight of his mugging face which I knew would be a constant fixture in her audience. But even though she was a great dancer I couldn't get past her trashy appearance and persona. In addition she could only rarely dance WITH her partners. Usually they were just props to her and her focus was always "Look at me, everyone!" That hasn't changed.

Going into SYTYCD she was a WCS and Latin trained dancer. What little training she had in ballroom was gotten during her season. Now suddenly we are supposed to accept her as a professional ballroom choreographer? I don't think so. She can't possibly have the credentials for this job. In addition she has openly mocked and discounted the opinions of the judges and the format of this show. The established moves that make up the chosen dances are old fashioned and open to her interpretation. Anytime she condensends to use legitimate moves it is done with an air of sarcasm or humoring the judges.

She doesn't belong on this show and I hope she isn't invited back, but it is more than just an extended dislike from her appearance in a former show.
    I disagree, Lacey and Kameron had great chemistry and danced very well together especially in their first contemporary and their quickstep routine. I agree that the Hip Hop training she received on SYTYCD contributed to her doing so well in the group routine. I also believe she is more than qualified to be on the show and the rebel act is just that, an act created by the producers when she was hired to be on the show to attract the younger viewers.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I think Lacey may have had some sort of hip hop training prior to SYTYCD. I remember her saying in an early interview on SYTYCD where the contestants were supposed to share something about themselves that people may not know, and she said she was a krump champion. At the time they had not yet included krump routines on the show and there was discussion on FORT about what krumping was. If she was a krumper, then I would guess that she also was a hip hopper.

+ Reply to Thread