+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3224391;
    I have only heard of people having sudden abdominal pain and being rushed into surgery and having the appendix removed. Julianne is the first person I have ever heard of waiting for this procedure! I thought it was rather bizarre that anyone would let this wait.
    My understanding from what Julianne said is that the pain was the result of the endometriosis. They are removing her appendix since they are performing surgery to correct the endometriosis problem. If the pain had been from her appendix, she likely would have had surgery right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3224338;
    nutty1, as a nurse can you confirm that when a surgeon needs to go into the general area of the appendix, he will frequently remove it so as to remove the chance of appendicitis later on? I've heard that is true since the appendix seems to serve no useful purpose, sort of -- as long as we're in here anyway, might as well remove it.

Yes, Drs do remove appendix when they do abdominal surgery. That's what I meant by incidental.

Anemone, I read your post, then researched a bit. In rare cases, endometriosis can grow on the appendix. Wow, that's weird. But it's different than appendicitis, as there is not chance to rupture, thus giving her the priviledge of being able to wait.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3224348;
    Well Dial Idol has Cloris dead last, so hopefully they will be right and we can finally say bye bye to Cloris once and for all. Oh happy day.
    They only report the numbers from those who use that site to vote. Unfortunately it is not always a clear representation of who goes. You have to look at the bottom three when using it for AI, anyone of them is in danger.

I agree that the judges are partly responsible for Cloris remaining beyond Toni. Her scores have been too high. The nonsense in those first 2 or 3 dances deserved a 2. She did not dance at all. They were probably told by production to keep her in by scoring her higher than she deserved.

I like Lacy and don't understand why so many dislike her either guide54.

FORT Fogey

And TV Guide is reporting that pro Louis van Amstel (who appeared with Priscilla Presley last season and is not paired with any of the current season's stars) wants dancers Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer to take responsibility for their apparent weight gain: "If you want to gain weight, it's your prerogative. We all put on weight because there was no summer tour. But you have to deal with the consequences." And he thinks those consequences could be the demoralization of America: "If [the viewers] watch someone who's dancing her butt off and she's still heavy, they can be discouraged. You have to take responsibility." TV Guide also managed to get a supporting dis from dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who said, "When I first saw these women this season, I said, 'Guys, you know the camera adds 10 pounds.' You have to do something about this."
    Oh good god. Cheryl was on Ellen and she wears a size 4! What is the matter with this man?

I do think that Cloris will go tonight. There has been too much published about her long stay and that coupled with Carrie's comment will signal her demise.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gagi;3224091;
    That's the word on the street. She went to the hospital last week and has been diagnosed with endometriosis which requires surgery. The article I read said it could cause infertility so I would hope she'd take care of it ASAP.

This is true, but what people don't realize is that just b/c you have surgery doesn't mean it won't grow back. The only way to get rid of it is to become pregnant. I had surgery last September and I'm sure it has grown back. I have been trying to conceive for over 4 years with no success. I don't wish the pain of infertility on anyone. Best of luck to her
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3224445;
    Oh good god. Cheryl was on Ellen and she wears a size 4! What is the matter with this man?

I do think that Cloris will go tonight. There has been too much published about her long stay and that coupled with Carrie's comment will signal her demise.
    For what it's worth Louis has also spoken out that he never made those comments, and that they were taken out of context from another interview he made. Maks has said the same thing. Given their relationship with at least Cheryl, I believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3224319;
    I like Lacey. She and Lance are two of my favorites. They deserved the best score tonight.
    I agree. I absolutely love how Lacey and Lance dance together and I threw most of my votes their way last night... right along with Warren and Kym.

I never watched SYTYCD so I'm not carrying over what appears to be some major baggage from that show (I do, however, hold a little bit of a snoot because of her claiming to be dating David Cook when she wasn't... but... who wouldn't? ) While Lacey isn't traditional ballroom, I don't find her dancing to be unappealing or of a poor quality at all. And I love what she's brought out in Lance.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Did anyone else noticed that during the beginning of the show when Samatha was announcing the stars, she called Cheryl Burke, Cheryl Crow??

Also, I'm sorry for Susan Luci danced was awful last night and did not deserved a score higer than Maurice and Cheryl. Susan was doing so well during rehearsal, but when she got out there on the dance floor, it was like driving through a rough stretch of highway. And her Hip Hop dance was more hop than hip. I'll take Cloris over her anyday.

I actually like Julianne and Cody dance, but I thought the band was playing the song too slow making them look like their timing was off.

Maurice did so much better than the first time he did the waltz. I just love Cheryl, but it doesn't look good for them.

Brooke Burke didn't really dance last night. She just did one of those Edyta moves that wasn't executed all the way. I think the guess judge just wanted to date her thus the reason for the high score.

Warren and Kym were good....not great, but good. I always love watching him dance.

Cloris - interesting. I think she gets a kick out of her own fumbles.

Lance and Lacey - I'm just jitterbuged out to make a comment.

FORT Fogey

I think that Susan's dancing reflects the number of years she's had as a soap opera actress. On AMC, her job is to hit a mark and say a line that has been memorized. I think she's approaching dancing the same way -- she's moving from pose to pose, concentrating more on memorizing the order of the moves and poses than actually DANCING.

Brooke just looked off balance throughout her dance. I know they were blaming her foot, and I'm sure that played in to a degree. But it just seemed like she was 1/2 step behind Derek, trying to catch up, and he was trying to pull her into the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3224149;
    To hell with Bruno and Carrie Ann, I thought it was hot.

I thought the complete opposite .

+ Reply to Thread