+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3224311;
    I've made snide comments about the string Edyta wears for her costumes before, but geez, at least she isn't trashy. She has more class dressed in string than Lacey does fully clothed. I hope this is Lacey's only season. I don't like her on this show.
    And I hope next season they don't get more SYTYCD rejects (or anyone who they think falls into the hip, young, fresh, modern category). Give me back Ashly DelGrosso and Anna. Or some other ballroom pros. Lacey was cast for drama (the theme of this season) not her dancing ability.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I like Lacey. She and Lance are two of my favorites. They deserved the best score tonight.

Cloris has worn out her welcome Her silliness hasn't been funny since the 2nd week. People should be voted on the dancing, but doesn't seem the case for her. A shame voters have shoved more deserving couples out of the competition in place of her.

Endometriosis is a condition where uterine lining tissue develops outside the uterus in places it isn't supposed to. Maybe it is growing near the appendix. Good luck and quick recovery to Julianne.

While I agree that it is a shame that Toni had to go while Cloris or even Susan stayed, I don't think CA's comments were necessarily called for. She, Len and Bruno are more to blame than Cloris and Corky. Those that do not vote for the better dancers and the judges over- and under-scoring are the reasons that Cloris is still on and Toni is gone. The dancers - all of them - perform to the best of their abilities and to their strengths. Cloris is no different. Isn't it usually around this time that the judges start trying to fix their previous mis-scorings so that the really bad dancers go?

ETA: Oh and Mr. Flatley was much more charming than I expected. I thought he might be a little arrogant. I was pleasantly surprised.

nutty1, as a nurse can you confirm that when a surgeon needs to go into the general area of the appendix, he will frequently remove it so as to remove the chance of appendicitis later on? I've heard that is true since the appendix seems to serve no useful purpose, sort of -- as long as we're in here anyway, might as well remove it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

So what exactly did Carrie Ann say? I was at work and won't be able to watch it on DVR because, frankly, Little People, Big World was more important to me as well as Heroes and Chuck. So I only have you guys for updates and now my curiosity is up! Isn't Carrie Ann partly to blame? I thought the votes were combined with the judges scores and if they scored Cloris lower than Toni (or Rocco the previous week) then it's possible that Cloris would have gone home already. Also, Carrie Ann is the one that has been praising her this whole time. I could already tell that Tom wanted her gone after the 1st week. He just kind of stopped being nice after the 2nd week and the last couple of weeks has been downright rude! I don't blame him though
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3224342;
    So what exactly did Carrie Ann say? I was at work and won't be able to watch it on DVR because, frankly, Little People, Big World was more important to me as well as Heroes and Chuck. So I only have you guys for updates and now my curiosity is up! Isn't Carrie Ann partly to blame? I thought the votes were combined with the judges scores and if they scored Cloris lower than Toni (or Rocco the previous week) then it's possible that Cloris would have gone home already. Also, Carrie Ann is the one that has been praising her this whole time. I could already tell that Tom wanted her gone after the 1st week. He just kind of stopped being nice after the 2nd week and the last couple of weeks has been downright rude! I don't blame him though
    CA said she learned she doesn't have to behave when she gets older and said it was unfortuante they lost Toni Braxton for that, and it made her sad to see a good dancer leave the competition for that; and for what it's worth, Michael just said she was a legend and gave kudos to Corky; Bruno said only Cloris could sell that nonsense. CA's comments were right on, but looks like the joke is on her. She and Bruno were sincere, because the conspiracy theorist in me would think it's a way to generate votes for Cloris. Which it likely did, but hopefully this is a turning point where they start getting tough on her. I am in agreement with everyone else though, it's her own fault for scoring Cloris the way they have, not giving Toni enough credit or better scores, and not being tough enough on Cloris but rather encouraging that behavior. I think Toni going was a bit of a shock for the judges.

So sadly, I thought she was safe before but now CA probably riled up her fans and the VFTW crowd to vote for her tomorrow. I'm guessing bottom 2 will be Susan and Maurice.

Premium Member

Well Dial Idol has Cloris dead last, so hopefully they will be right and we can finally say bye bye to Cloris once and for all. Oh happy day.

FORT Fanatic

The group dance tonight was horrible. Even the pro's looked bad for the most part. Lacey was the only one who looked at all comfortable in it. I really don't understand why everyone seems to have such a hate on for her.

I am shocked that Carrie Ann made those comments about Cloris. Lets be honest though she just voiced what some people have been thinking. I find Cloris mildly entertaining at times. I just hope I am able to have the energy she has at 82.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3224307;
    What kind of accent does the substitute judge have? Irish? I love it! He did a great job.
    Michael Flatley was actually born and raised in Chicago, the son of Irish immigrants. He is a legend in the Irish Step-dancing world. He does live in Ireland but has homes in the US as well. I was actually surprised that he didn't sound more Irish, as I have seen him on Irish TV trying to sound more Irish. I thought he had toned it down a lot tonight!

But I will tune in tomorrow to see what he does on the dance floor! (Spent many years of my youth and that of my two daughters' doing the whole Irish dance bit!)

I thought endometreitis (sp) has to do with the lining of the uterus. Why are they removing Julianne's appendix? I wish her well and hope they operate on the right part.
    I have only heard of people having sudden abdominal pain and being rushed into surgery and having the appendix removed. Julianne is the first person I have ever heard of waiting for this procedure! I thought it was rather bizarre that anyone would let this wait.

Brooke's dance was beautiful and I can understand why the sub judge was pulled into it so fully. It must be easy to overlook details when the overall beauty of movement and connection to the music comes through so well.
    I thought it was lovely too. But I don't understand what the judges are looking for half the time.

The hip hop group dance was more of a group mess than anything. The worst part was Lance's mullet.
    I wondered how they attached all of that hair to his real hair! Susan messed up quite a bit and Cloris, well, what more can be said!?!

Anyone else see Jeff from Bravo's Flipping Out sitting in the front row tonight?

+ Reply to Thread