+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Okay, there's a bunch of different stories going around online. Someone who runs what I believe Maks's official messageboard says they are out. AH and E!Online have said they aren't 100% sure if she's out or not; one source says she did break her ankle and needs surgery, yet E! says the show confirmed she was injured but is resting and will have to get an okay before she can go on.

DWTS Volleyball Star Injured, Status Uncertain - E! Online

DWTS Volleyball Star Injured, Status Uncertain

Is Misty May-Treanor hanging up her Dancing shoes?

The Olympic gold medalist, who has proven to be quite a threat on Dancing With the Stars, suffered an injury on Friday that required immediate medical attention. In a statement released by ABC, the show's producers said:

"Dancing with the Stars contestant Misty May-Treanor sustained an injury on Friday and received immediate medical attention. Despite previous reports, she did not break her ankle. She is resting comfortably at home. Doctors will reevaluate her condition on Monday and determine the outcome of her participation on the show."

Earlier, a DWTS source confirmed to E! News that the volleyball star is "hurt" and said that the injury is to her Achilles.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A ruptured Achilles tendon or an ankle needing surgery would have been operated on by now. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let her leave the hospital on crutches.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DWTS’s Misty May-Treanor Injured - PEOPLE TV Watch

Here's another article from People magazine. Nothing new, but they too say that Misty isn't 100% out of the competition but that the doctor will want to look at her Monday and will then determine if she's fit to continue. Regardless, it's not looking good

I feel horrible for her.

Part of me really wants her to continue but not at the risk of her health. On a side note, MSNBC is reporting she is out sooo I am guessing they need to check their sources again...

I'm guessing the show/producers will probably not confirm anything until the last minute. I can't believe they can keep it a secret for that long, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them hold off until Monday's show and announce it then for drama's sake. She was supposed to perform the jive, so if in fact she does stay in, that's going to be one painful dance for her to have to do.

Right now, pretty much all sources are saying she's in or out, so nothing officially confirmed yet. It does sound like she won't need surgery, however.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3211697;
    A ruptured Achilles tendon or an ankle needing surgery would have been operated on by now. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let her leave the hospital on crutches.
    Not necessarily. Not all Achilles ruptures require surgery, but they do require immbolization and rest. Leaving on crutches would have been possible if no weight was put on the injured foot.

Regardless of what kind of injury she sustained, though, if it truly was to her Achilles tendon, then I can't see her being able to continue because simply wearing high heels would be excruciatingly painful and put her at risk for even further damage.

This is such a shame because she was doing so well and was one of the few participants this season that I really like.
    Love lives forever <3

Wow, another season with no Maks. Hopefully, he sticks around for the pro dances.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

This is only my second season and I read all the hype about Maks. I'm still waiting to see what's so great about him. He's kind of cute but I wouldn't call him hot or anything. Now Tony is another story He is a sexy man
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3211945;
    This is only my second season and I read all the hype about Maks. I'm still waiting to see what's so great about him. He's kind of cute but I wouldn't call him hot or anything. Now Tony is another story He is a sexy man
    I think this is the first season where I've grown to over Tony. But the one thing I don't like about his choreography is it's nearly identical every week. Just boring. But watching Maks in the short time he's been on, I'm realizing his choreography and routines are a lot alike, too (look at how confused people got when Tom made the remark 'It was better when Mel B did it' and thought they were talking about the paso. But he's still pretty to look at

Though I have to say, I think Alec has bypassed Maks in the eye candy department for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3211883;
    Wow, another season with no Maks. Hopefully, he sticks around for the pro dances.
    They could always boot Lacey for choreographing dances that aren't the dance she's assigned each week, and pair Maks up with Lance.

+ Reply to Thread