+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

TV Guide interview with Maks about the upcoming season. He seems to really like Misty's chances. And he also realizes this show likes to punish its pros for any reason. I'm so happy they didn't stick him with Cloris or Kim.

Dancing with the Stars, Misty May-Traenor news - All Things Dancing with the Stars | TVGuide.com

Much to the dismay of Dancing with the Stars fans, pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy sat last season out. But now, rested and refreshed and having gone through some physical rehabilitation Maks is back and polishing his moves for season seven beginning Sept. 22. Never one to hide his feelings, Maks couldn't be happier about his new partner: Two-time Olympic gold medal-winning beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor. Deborah Starr Seibel

TVGuide.com: You said you needed a break from the show. But did you miss it?
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I actually did. And I'm happy to be back. The only thing I was worried about was I thought that I was gonna get punished for taking time off and get somebody to dance with who was not good. But they ended up rewarding me by giving me probably the best partner I could have. I thought I couldn't top Mel B.

TVGuide.com: Misty is better than Mel B?
    Chmerkovskiy: I was shocked, and I dont throw that word around lightly. People are going to be very surprised by how well she's going to dance. Laila (Ali, season four) had an incredible work ethic. But I could be too much for her. She'd say: You've gotta back off. And then Mel (season five) was just this incredible personality. But she had zero attention span. So here, in Misty, I have a combination of the best qualities of both. She's like a perfect person to love. She has this aura of sweetness, and she'll practice for as long as it takes. Let Cheryl [Burke] and Julianne [Hough] collect the trophies. I'll collect friends for life.

TVGuide.com: Did your body benefit from the time off?
    Chmerkovskiy: I took care of my health while I was off. I did this groundbreaking thing called MUA (a chiropractic treatment, Manipulation Under Anesthesia). They manipulated my muscles and broke up all the scar tissue. I was concerned about my lower back and my knees. And I had a small tear in a ligament in my left shoulder. But now, I feel great. I feel a lot more flexible.

TVGuide.com: You sound excited to be back.
    Chmerkovskiy: For some of the other pros, it's just a show. Or a stepping stone to something else. But for me, it's me representing the ballroom world, so I have to do the best I can. I put a lot into it. And I have to do it on my own terms.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

"Chmerkovskiy: Let Cheryl [Burke] and Julianne [Hough] collect the trophies. I'll collect friends for life."

I just loved this. It proves what I've always thought about Maks (other than the obviouis ). What a sweetheart!

Maks! Maks! Maks! Maks! oh and whoever that is with him but Maks! Maks!

LOL

I love the quote where he said he didn't care about winning the trophies. What an awesome guy. I hope this is the season he wins.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Maks! What a man, a mighty fine man!

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3190291;
    "Chmerkovskiy: Let Cheryl [Burke] and Julianne [Hough] collect the trophies. I'll collect friends for life."

I just loved this. It proves what I've always thought about Maks (other than the obviouis ). What a sweetheart!
    Well, I think Maks does care just a little bit about the trophies (but don't they all?) It makes me wonder if Edyta has that same attitude. She's been back every season and has yet to win, so maybe she's just in it for the love of dance, too. I think this line:

TVGuide.com: You sound excited to be back.
    Chmerkovskiy: For some of the other pros, it's just a show. Or a stepping stone to something else. But for me, it's me representing the ballroom world, so I have to do the best I can. I put a lot into it. And I have to do it on my own terms.
    Was ribbing a little at Julianne, Mark, and Derek. Reading this interview does make me look at the pros a little differently. All seem to enjoy themselves and have a good time, but they also seem to get a different vibe from some of them as well. Anyway, Maks (and Alec) for the final 2!

Well, I think Maks does care just a little bit about the trophies (but don't they all?) It makes me wonder if Edyta has that same attitude. She's been back every season and has yet to win, so maybe she's just in it for the love of dance, too.
    I think she likes to eat nice and regular, and have plenty of ready cash on hand to replenish her supply of Orange Bronzer.

I've never fully understood how she got such a weak hand with the show (her success with Jason Taylor was a relative fluke--I don't think the producers intended on giving her a potentially "winning hand" with him), but she doesn't seem to want to rock the boat too hard.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I hope he gets redemption after getting robbed by Julianne and Helio. Eventually though, he will get a "bad" partner. I'm worried about how he will treat her or if he will just quit the show.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3192362;
    I hope he gets redemption after getting robbed by Julianne and Helio. Eventually though, he will get a "bad" partner. I'm worried about how he will treat her or if he will just quit the show.
    I doubt he'll get a really difficult partner for several reasons:
    1. He is a magnet for female viewers and the powers that be want to keep viewers, so they will not give him someone who will be gone too soon.
    2. He has a tough no nonsense approach to training, so I doubt he would be given someone who is too sensitive or lacks any natural ability.
    3. The more he draws the viewers, the more good partners he will be given probably eventually leading to a win (I hope so - he deserves it).

I love to watch this guy. He is so charismatic, masculine, and very very sexy that I have a hard time watching his partner. I am glad he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3192564;
    I doubt he'll get a really difficult partner for several reasons:
    1. He is a magnet for female viewers and the powers that be want to keep viewers, so they will not give him someone who will be gone too soon.
    2. He has a tough no nonsense approach to training, so I doubt he would be given someone who is too sensitive or lacks any natural ability.
    3. The more he draws the viewers, the more good partners he will be given probably eventually leading to a win (I hope so - he deserves it).

I love to watch this guy. He is so charismatic, masculine, and very very sexy that I have a hard time watching his partner. I am glad he's back.
    I wish I could be as confident; if Maks is under contract technically I don't think he can just quit. But even the best and biggest favorites have gotten a lemon or two and I think eventually it'll be Maks turn. He's done pretty well, especially the last two seasons, and I think the same will be said for this season. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a dud in the future. Just to even it out. Derek will probably get one too eventually, because he's also been lucky. The only exception to this rule seems to be Kym, who's gotten a clunker all but one season.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-08-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3190291;

Agreed!

+ Reply to Thread