+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Re: Misty May-Treanor - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3213255;
    I'm going to go with a poor Misty. More than a dancing injury, this could end her career. It is a hard injury to come back from and it is a major part of the movement she uses in Volleyball.

I'm hoping she recovers fully.

Wanted to add, Maks really impressed me with the way he has handled this. He is a class guy.
    I agree about Misty. This is one of the worst injuries you can have. It takes a lot of time and rehab work to recover. I do hope that she can play beach volleyball again. What a shame. I am pulling for her to make a complete recovery. She has handled it so well.

Maks felt really bad for her. You could see it on his face. Beneath that sometimes gruff exterior, he does have a truly kind and caring heart.

I will also weigh in here and state that Helio and Julianne absolutely deserved to win. I think that banana man quickstep alone might have done it for them. Helio was a natural from the very first time he stepped out on the dance floor. He also had a lot of charisma, personality and the ability to connect with the audience. It's not necessarily the best technical dancer that wins this competition. I also think Mel and Maks were great. It was the best season by far.

How horrible for Misty. The only good thing about it at all is that if it was going to happen now is the best time since she was planning to take time off anyhow. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

I think that Maks doesn't choreograph the free-style well. I think that played a part when he was in the finals with both Mel and Laila.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3213412;
    I think that Maks doesn't choreograph the free-style well. I think that played a part when he was in the finals with both Mel and Laila.
    I agree. I think that played in more with Laila than with Mel, but it was a problem both times. Eveyrone else choreographs that as an "anything goes" dance. Maks tends to want to still use quite a bit of ballroom in his. I remember with Laila, he even objected to the judge's comments and said it was supposed to show the star's growth,and how do you do that without using the ballroom elements. That said, I think Maks is one who does learn quite a bit from the judge's remarks to fix prior mistakes. I would have liked to have seen what he's learned with the freestyles if he and Misty would have gotten that far.

I thought I read somewhere that one of the other stars who was practicing at the same time as Maks and Misty May, said that their jive was great. I think it might have been Maurice. But he said that it was fantastic. I would have loved to see it.

I think Misty and Maks were made for each other as dance partners. With her competitiveness and determination and athleticism, she could have done incredible things under his guidance.

I would love to see them come back sometime in the future and do that jive. Of course, most important of all, I sincerely hope that Misty comes back stronger than ever.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ouch - poor Misty. A ruptured tendon is HORRENDOUSLY painful (personal experience - worse than childbirth). But, you CAN recover and bounce back from it - it takes several months to a year, but it can be done.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It looks like Misty's surgery went well, and I wish her a speedy recovery. I was reading Maks's blog on another site; he's such a supportive partner. Misty seemed to really take this seriously, and it showed with their chemistry. That jive probably would have gotten 10's from the judges, as I think it would have been Misty's best dance this season (so far). Maks had a great partner and I'm sad for both of them it ended this way.

I read that Misty's surgery went well. The doctors said that she will need nine months of rehab before she can play beach volleyball again.

I have been in physical therapy for a lower back problem and I saw patients who had ruptured their achilles tendon. It was agony for them. I told myself that I never wanted to suffer that kind of injury. It is supposed to be the most painful injury. Watching them go through rehab was revealing. It was grueling work. But I know that Misty has the toughness and spirit to get through it.

I bet she comes back better than ever. But I will miss seeing these two in the competition. They would have done great things.

It's really a shame about Misty. 9 months in PT after surgury seems like a horrible fate for her. I hope that she is able to come back at full strength after this experience. She was still at the top of her game in volleyball when she decided to do the show. I really hope this doesn't cause her to retire from professional volleyball both for her sake as well as for Keri and the fans. I also hope this unfortuneate accident doesn't dissuade other professional athletes from particpating in the show as they have been some of my favorite performers.

Honestly, dancing uses such different muscles than most sports, that it is very surprising to me that any current athlete would consider this show. (A note - Jason Taylor has had injury problems for the first time in his career this year... not sure it's related, but it could be).

It is terrible of me but I am more depressed about Maks not being there than Misty.

It sucks. We had to miss him last season and now this. :nono

+ Reply to Thread