+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Susan Lucci - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Re: Susan Lucci - Season 7

Susan is just entirely too fake for me to really get behind her. I think there's far more genuiness at a Miss America pagent than there is with Susan Lucci.

I think Susan Lucci has played Erica Kane so long that she has become her! I give her credit for getting on the dance floor, but she is definitely this season's Marie Osmond as another poster has said. Sadly, she probably has an enormous fan base and she will be kept in this competitition for many more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3206629;
    Susan is just entirely too fake for me to really get behind her. I think there's far more genuiness at a Miss America pagent than there is with Susan Lucci.
    Hi there. I don't know this woman but boy, she is so fake as fake can be.

I thought that because I am European I would be the only one thinking that so it is good to see I am not.

FORT Fogey

By all accounts from those who have met her, Susan is a very sweet, genuine lady.

FORT Fogey

Behind the scenes, she may very well be a sweet, genuine person. Having never met her, I could not presume to know. But I DO know how she comes across to me on TV, and that persona is incredibly fake.

FORT Fogey

I hope Susan knocks the judges socks off tonight. With Ted gone, all of my votes will go to the great La Lucci.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3207346;
    By all accounts from those who have met her, Susan is a very sweet, genuine lady.
    I've heard that too. Unfortunately, that's not coming through the TV at me. She needs to get rid of whatever is causing the fakiness, whether it's nerves or something else.

FORT Fogey

I think it is tough on the actors/actresses to be themselves when they are on camera because they are so used to playing a part.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3207593;
    I think it is tough on the actors/actresses to be themselves when they are on camera because they are so used to playing a part.
    I can see that, but I don't think it's true across the board. Just look at some of the actors that have been on DWTS. Jennie Garth didn't come across on the show as Kelly Taylor. Jane Seymour didn't come across as a beautiful 1920s actress falling in love on Mackinac island. There have been enough actors on the show that did come across as genuine that I think Susan Lucci deserves some of the blame for her coming across as so fake.

FORT Fogey

Susan has played the same character since 1970. None of those mentioned come anywhere near to comparing.

I have been a fan of Susan's for many, many years, and I do not think she is fake at all.

+ Reply to Thread