+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cody Linley - Season 7

Re: Cody Linley - Season 7

I'm sure it's different dancing, being close, wearing what they wear, with a partner who is not yet mature enough to keep his hormones in check. Yes, I'm sure she's used to her partners showing some flirtiness or attraction ... but this kid is probably letting it show too much and it's throwing off her game.

I didn't really think about this because I'm not a parent but after the first episode my sister has decided not to let my 9 year old neice watch the show anymore, mainly because of Cody and Julianne. She just feels it's not appropriate for her daughter to see a young kid (a Disney kid, no less) drool over a girl who is dancing around half naked. I kind of agree with her now that I think about it. I understand about the costumes but if this is supposed be a family friendly show then they probably need to cover up a little bit more.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Regular

Darn it! I was so excited when I first found out they got the Paso next week but now i find out it's the RUMBA?!?!! SHOOT! Now I am dreading this because Cody looks like he did not puberty yet and the fact he looks like a long lost Hough sibling just makes the matter even worse. Julianne better tone down and not create an overly sexual routine because it will be painful to watch for obvious reasons. Go figure why I think so. But still a Paso from these two would have been a delight to watch considering Julianne choreographs the best Paso routines and I enjoyed 'em all,including Adam's last season.

I give Cody a pass on the drooling over Julianne. If he were Apollo's age, then that would be different, but the guy is 18 and you have this uber gorgeous girl dancing in close promixity to you all the time, you'd have to be Lance to not feel something.

I think if they last for a while, Cody will keep his feelings in check better and if he doesn't then Julianne should say something. But really can you blame Cody? Probably 99% of the guys who watch DWTS would probably feel the same way if they got to dance with her. They'd probably all be 'OMG she's so pretty! And I get to dance with her and be so close to her!!'

Only difference is that unlike Cody, more mature guys would probably just think it rather than show it.

FORT Regular

They have rumba? I think it is going to be a bit weird. I think paso would have been better but I guess better to get the rumba out of the way.

FORT Regular

Good luck for tonight Jules Cody, you better do justice to her choregraphy and not screw up the routine.

Who is John Galt?

This kid is so gaga over his partner, it is a wonder he can remember the steps. Giving them a Rhumba where she has to rub her body against him was asking for trouble. He pulled it off well, but I am just glad he had on a long shirt that covered a certain unmentionable area. Young boys of 18 have very little control over their hormonal reactions. Pairing him with any of the lovely ladies would have been risky, but Julienne of all people was asking for trouble. Poor kid, he has a huge crush on her which can only get worse the longer he is on. It was cute though when he was trying to show off by trying to do a one arm push up. For Julienne's part, she is handling the situation very maturely. Personally, I think this kid is adorable and they look good on the dance floor. He is doing well so far.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved that clip this week that showed behind the scenes of the red room, and how the other stars were saying Cody always got lost backstage. He's one that really seems to be enjoying the experience and also working as hard as he can. Something about Julianne just seems distant this season, but I think they're doing a great job. Since this is probably Julianne's last season I'd kind of like to see her make the finals just to see one more of her freestyles. I think they'll probably go somewhere in the middle, though.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I hope this is not Julianne's last season. She is much better at dancing than singing. I've been a country music fan for years and give all new artists a shot, but her voice is not good.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm not terribly impressed either.

+ Reply to Thread