+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

Re: Cloris Leachman

I was just checking her IMDB page, and she has never let up. She is still a very busy lady. It may be that she does okay (at least for awhile) - we have a couple in our motorcycle club still riding at 85, and when we had a bowling outing - they outlasted all of us!

Cloris Leachman?

Damn.

I love the lady, I truly do. I've enjoyed her for years and think she's fantastic.

But, quite frankly, I'm wondering how/why she would allow herself to become a victim of this DWTS producers' stunt casting "brainstorm"?

The only GOOD thing about this is that they've partnered her with Mark's father.

I've seen Corky (and Shirley, his mother) before on PBS ballroom shows, years ago, when they were still actively competing. The man could burn up Hell on a dance floor, then, so if he's anywhere now near where he was, then, if Cloris can produce, this might be interesting and fascinating to watch.

We'll see.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3180228;
    Frau Blucher was hysterical. I feel bad for people who don't know who Cloris is, she's had a fabulous career.
    I 2nd that. Great and funny actress. I hope she does well on DWTS.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

Great Gam-Gam!!!!! I totally love her! "I always sleep better with a little sausage in me" best line from Beerfest ever!!!!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Count me in as one who loves Cloris. I hope she does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3184113;
    Count me in as one who loves Cloris. I hope she does well.
    I'm controlling expectations and simply hoping she doesn't break a hip.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I think there's a certain amount of pre-conceived ageism going on as respects Cloris. This woman has NEVER stopped working and pushing the envelope her entire life. I'll bet she's in TERRIFIC shape. Understandably, we ALL know eighty-somthings that are sedentary and frail. HOWEVER, there ARE eighty-somethings out there that are still in GREAT shape and ready to boogie.

I think Cloris will surprise us all.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3184648;
    I think there's a certain amount of pre-conceived ageism going on as respects Cloris. This woman has NEVER stopped working and pushing the envelope her entire life. I'll bet she's in TERRIFIC shape. Understandably, we ALL know eighty-somthings that are sedentary and frail. HOWEVER, there ARE eighty-somethings out there that are still in GREAT shape and ready to boogie.

I think Cloris will surprise us all.
    Yes, there are indeed 80 somethings who are ready to boogie. But they aren't in a competition against a 19 year old. It's not Cloris' willingness to dance at issue, its the pure level of physical activity to do it at a level to be even slightly competitive with people ranging from 30 to 60 years younger.

I've read that around 300,000 senior citizens, in the U.S. alone, are hospitalized for a broken/fractured hip annually (and no doubt just as many or more on top of that are going unreported or are handled as outpatient care). And these are people who presumably aren't in an all-ages dance competition. That was behind that comment of mine more than pure ageism.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

My grandma is almost 90 and extremely active (more than me in my 20's)-but even I'd say a big no to her entering a dance contest. Cloris may be active and in great shape, but Krom has a point. Can she hack it against a 19 year old, or even the 20 and 30 year olds who may suck worse than her at dancing? Good luck to her, but I still think this was just a big stunt casting move on their part.

I doubt that anyone expects her to compete at the same level as any of the others, regardless of age. I would not be surprised to see her out by week 3, but I hope that she lasts as long as she feels able and is enjoying herself. I admire her for trying. She will be wonderfully entertaining, I am just sure.
    This show may be presented as a dance competition, but each year celebrities are cast purely for entertainment or because they want the exposure. One of the reasons I like the show is that it is so much more than the dance competition. The truly competitive part doesn't start until about the final 5. Until then, I watch for entertainment.
    If her appearance here means a few more people rent "Young Frankenstein" or any of her body of work, well, good for them. I thought she was great in Spanglish, too.

+ Reply to Thread