+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Re: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3225827;
    Did anyone else get shivers when Cloris said she'd be back in the audience? I can picture her running out onstage after a couple has danced and interrupting them yet again, or finding a way backstage. Maks always said she was wandering around and he became her unofficial chaperone. Hopefully ABC tells her to stay in her seat and keeps the mic away from her.

I noticed when she wandered around they did not follow her with a spotlight and turned her mic off. If she does try to disturb the show it is likely the camera will ignore her.

FORT Regular

A bit late, but thank goodness she is finally gone! But what is all this talk of her being back in the audience.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberry30;3226773;
    A bit late, but thank goodness she is finally gone! But what is all this talk of her being back in the audience.
    Cloris said she wasn't leaving but would be back sitting in the audience in full costume gear next week (I believe her threats). She's still a train wreck, aside from the injuries the most talked about thing this season, so I don't think ABC will let her go that easy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3226775;
    Cloris said she wasn't leaving but would be back sitting in the audience in full costume gear next week (I believe her threats). She's still a train wreck, aside from the injuries the most talked about thing this season, so I don't think ABC will let her go that easy.
    ABC would do well to put a muzzle on her. She'd be stealing the limelight from the remaining contestants and will have crossed a very clear line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3227181;
    ABC would do well to put a muzzle on her. She'd be stealing the limelight from the remaining contestants and will have crossed a very clear line.
    I absolutely agree that ABC would do well to put a muzzle on her, Jexter.

Only problem is, I DON'T think that's gonna happen.

Let's face it, her even BEING on the show in the first place was nothing more than stunt casting by ABC and TPTB on this show.

Well, they got more than they bargained for, THAT'S for sure.

As for stealing the limelight from the remaining contestants and crossing a very clear line?

Far as I'm concerned, she did that from Day One when she was cussing and they had to bleep her. Seems like she hasn't really been put in check since that time, to me. If what was right was being done, then she should've been pulled off the show immediately after that. But that didn't happen, of course.

Sure, there was the one week she claimed she was going to take the competition seriously and a clip was shown of Corky trying to call her out on her behavior during rehearsal.

But that "correction" took for like all of what seemed to be 10 seconds.

And then when Corky even went so far as to call her ex in during rehearsal, that should have shamed her into behaving, but no.

And horning in on the kids' interview time?

Sure, she did manage to grind out a couple of serviceable-for-her-age dances, but . . .

If I were TPTB at ABC and the producers of this show, I'd at least give serious consideration to getting a restraining order to keep her from coming into the studio, henceforth. Why? Because I totally believe that she'll make good on her promise/threat to continue to show up in the studio and sit on the sidelines (Yeah, RIGHT!) as the show rolls on.

But that ain't gonna happen. They don't have the backbone to even think about getting a restraining order against her.

So, unless I'm completely off the mark (which COULD happen, and I'd be GLAD if it did!), Cloris just might be around to bug the free world on this show until the very last dance.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Here's an article from Corky about the controversy surrounding his girlfriend/SCD pro and how her partner bowed out of the competition because he was afraid of winning. I guess the guy was the worst dancer left in the competition but was extremely popular, better dancers were leaving, and the judges were getting testy about him sticking around.

'John is a coward' - mirror.co.uk

'John is a coward'

EXCLUSIVE by Paul Henderson 22/11/2008

Kristina's lover says her dance partner let her down by walking out.

The secret boyfriend of Strictly Come Dancing star Kristina Rihanoff last night branded John Sergeant as "cowardly and pathetic".

Former world ballroom champion Corky Ballas said: "It's unbelievable that he has walked out. Kristina's very disappointed and so am I."

An estimated 12 million viewers saw John and Kristina bow out of the show to a standing ovations last night.

BBC bosses were determined to play down the backstage row after the most controversial week in Strictly's history. But Sergeant couldn't resist one last pop at the judges, while Kristina couldn't hold back her tears.

Corky, 47, whose identity has been kept under wraps by Kristina, spoke out after the Sunday Mirror tracked him down to Los Angeles.

A pro-dancer in Dancing With The Stars - the American version of Strictly - he slammed John for his walk-out saying: "I think it's pathetic. It's cowardly. It's stupid.

"I had the oldest celebrity ever on Dancing With The Stars. She was 82. John Sergeant is a baby next to her and we lasted six weeks.

"We kept going until we got kicked off and I don't understand why he didn't do the same thing."

Ballas - 16 years older than 31-year-old Kristina - also hit out at Strictly's panel of judges for attempting to influence the public vote and get Sergeant booted off.

"If people want to vote for him and make him win then he should win," he said. "It's who the public want and that doesn't mean the best dancer should win. John Sergeant was living the life. I saw him a couple of times on the show with six or seven women around him. Suddenly he was a player - he's got a little skip in his step now."

Ballas met Russian-born Kristina in 2003 when she hired him as a dance teacher. They live together in LA, but he has not seen her since September when she flew to Britain to take part in Strictly.

"We are going mad on both sides of the Atlantic," says Ballas, who is separated from British-born wife Shirley. "I hope to see her sometime in January or February in the US."

Strictly dancer Lilya Kopylova, one of Kristina's closest friends on the show, said: "Kristina is devastated. She's been very upset all week.

"She worked so hard and put in a lot of effort to turn John into a good dancer and then he just walked.

"She is very disappointed. It was her first year on the show and she never expected it to end like this.

Strictly Come Dancing star Kristina Rihanoff faces claims she trashed ex's home - mirror.co.uk

Look's like Corky's having a little women trouble.

Strictly Come Dancing star Kristina Rihanoff faces claims she trashed ex's home in Houston, Texas

By Paul Henderson 20/12/2008

Accused of trashing home of ex..John Sergeant's Strictly partner could face cha-cha charges.

STRICTLY star Kristina Rihanoff faces a police inquiry over claims she rampaged through her boyfriend’s house in revenge for him having a fling with another woman.

Love rival Sian Vilaire says raging Kristina – who partnered viewers’ favourite John Sergeant in the hit BBC dance contest – trashed her laptop, stole her phone, raked through her dirty underwear and hurled her possessions out of a bedroom window.

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror, Sian, 29, claims: “It was like a tornado had hit the bedroom.

“Dresses were ripped down from hangers and a couple of my sheer little nighties were shredded. Jeans were on the floor and shoes had been flung around – diamonds had fallen out of a pair of satin shoes from the impact when they had been thrown.”

Sian, a Hollywood actress, says Kristina went berserk after discovering she had been staying with former world ballroom champion Corky Ballas, Kristina’s lover of three years.

Sian says: “I was running around finding things. It was getting worse and more and more weird.

“I’m a health nut and my vitamin tablets had gone down the toilet. I could see the residue in the toilet where they had been poured and flushed.

“My birth control pills were in the bathroom and they had gone. My make-up in bottles and boxes had been thrown around on the floor and the counters. It was a nightmare.

“The worst part of it all, and it made me want to crawl under a bed, is that I discovered used underwear missing from the laundry basket. I just don’t understand that.”

Sian, who has had roles in US films and soaps, says: “There were black satin lacy thongs missing. I’ve never in my life heard anything like this before. I’ve found none of them.

“The missing underwear made me cry – that was just too much. I couldn’t believe it and I thought, ‘What have I done to her?’ I didn’t even know she existed. I felt incredibly violated.”

Kristina and Corky, 47, also a TV star in the US, have been embroiled in a bitter break-up since he spoke about her role in Strictly to the Sunday Mirror last month.

Sources close to her say Kristina, 31, was furious at Corky for “betraying her trust” and she promptly dumped him.

But when she went to Corky’s mansion in Houston, Texas, to get her things 10 days ago, she is alleged to have erupted on discovering Sian had been staying there – they in September on Dancing With The Stars, the US version of Strictly.

Kristina made a guest appearance on last night’s Strictly final with her dance partner John, the retired TV political editor who quit the show after he was ridiculed by all the four of the judges. But unknown to viewers, police are now investigating a complaint against Kristina of “criminal mischief/vandalism” that could lead to a maximum two years in jail and a 10,000-dollar fine if she is prosecuted and convicted.

Kristina denies damaging property or any other wrongdoing.

Sian says that on December 11, she and Corky were enjoying a candle-lit dinner at a Houston restaurant when he got a stream of texts from relatives to say Kristina had flown in from London and had turned up at his £500,000 home. Corky showed Sian a text he said was from Kristina which read: “You will burn in hell u r f***ing achool (meaning a**hole).”

Sian says relatives of Corky rushed to the house after being called by his parents, who live there with him.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

DAMN! We got us a soap opera going on, don't we???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

Wow! Drama. His son better be careful. He already looks, dances and has similar mannerisms like his dad. He better hope he does not have the same lady problems. The women involved are not hot and he's not much to look at either. Very Springer-like drama.

+ Reply to Thread