+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

Re: Cloris Leachman

Lovely woman.

Great actress.

Funny comedianne.

Too old for this.

Sorry Clor, I love you, but its the hard honest truth.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Is Cloris the one who was on Malcolm in the Middle? I thought she was hilarious and rooting for her to stay over Kim.

Yes, she was on Malcom in the Middle.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Regular

i love phyllis. i wonder if well see mary and rhoda in the audience.

FORT Fan

I'm in a dance class with an 80-year old woman who is really a very good dancer. During dances, she keeps up with 40-year-olds, but I don't think she could keep up with 20-year-olds. And in betweeen dances she takes care of herself very carefully.

I hope Cloris is able to really dance, not just clown around. (I'll always remember her delivering the line, "Yes! He vas my boyfriend!" in Young Frankenstein.)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by weary;3180056;
    I hope Cloris is able to really dance, not just clown around. (I'll always remember her delivering the line, "Yes! He vas my boyfriend!" in Young Frankenstein.)
    Frau Blucher was hysterical. I feel bad for people who don't know who Cloris is, she's had a fabulous career.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3180228;
    Frau Blucher was hysterical. I feel bad for people who don't know who Cloris is, she's had a fabulous career.
    Me too. Ya know, I'm actually glad I'm as old as I am. When I think of all the amazing talent I would have missed if I'd been born 15 years later. Wow, a life without knowledge of Cloris Leachman, Carol Burnett, Bob Newhart, et al is no life at all .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I can't wait to see Ms. Leachman. I'm rooting for her. Of course she and her partner will gear the choreography to her age as is appropriate. I expect it to be lovely & dignified, however, she's a great comedian so who knows...

Remember, DWTS is pure and simple entertainment that helps restart or even start an entertainers career.

Leachman is an old school pro. She has a memoir coming out, is doing a one-woman show and has three films in the can. And I bet you a dollar to a donut, searches of her name have gone through the roof.

No matter how long she last on the show, the publicity from her appearance can only help with the above mentioned projects.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3180233;
    Me too. Ya know, I'm actually glad I'm as old as I am. When I think of all the amazing talent I would have missed if I'd been born 15 years later. Wow, a life without knowledge of Cloris Leachman, Carol Burnett, Bob Newhart, et al is no life at all .
    Go, my children: hie thee unto a video store, or at least YouTube.

Who is John Galt?

Cloris Leachman is a hoot!! One of the funniest women in the business and a terrific actress. Yes, she is waaay too old for this. Even 10 years younger would have been preferable. Just imagine her trying to do the jive - yikes! Even with pilates, and yoga, and weight training, one's body can only stave off the aging process so far. To expect her to be endure the very very physical rigors required of ballroom dancing may be asking too much. It is a foolish choice for the producers of the show. For her part though, she probably thinks "what the heck - might as well break my bones dancing than falling down in my house".

+ Reply to Thread