+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

Re: Cloris Leachman - Season 7

This is just an entertainment show, pure and simple. If you don't think she's funny, then don't watch her. Not every celebrity is going to appeal to everybody. That is why they have so many of them.

Re: Cloris Leachman

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3178838;
    I think this is ridiculous. Come on, she is 82 or 83, and she certainly can't be sexy in Latin dances. Not to mention, her body just won't be able to do the stuff required..

I think that they should have put someone more able in her place. I have nothing against her, I don't even know who she is, but I don't think she should be on the show.

IMO, she will be the female version of Jerry Springer/the guy from Cheers, John something.. and they were jokes.
    I agree. I like her humor but isn't it supposed to be a dancing contest? I was sooooooo disappointed seeing Edyta leave. Her partner was much better than Leachman.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

she will be the female version of Jerry Springer/the guy from Cheers, John something.. and they were jokes
    I respectfully disagree. Jerry was not a bad dancer at all and he was never disrespectful. John R. was not good but not bad, and never disrespectful. Even Master P (who basically stood still while his partner danced) was kinda of a joke because he lasted longer than he should have. I don’t recall these guys going up to the judges table, sitting in their laps, or sticking their crotches or whatever in the judges faces repeatedly just to get laughs. Unlike those guys, Cloris can’t keep her mouth shut for 2 seconds; she begs for attention in any way she can get it.

Mel B. was trying to interview her for Access Hollywood, and Cloris kept telling her what a nice but she (Mel) had and patting it. Hiliarious. She could not shut her piehole long enough to be interviewed.

Wonder what else she has in her bag of tricks? Maybe fart/incontinance jokes or perhaps take her dentures out and stick them in someone's face. Yeah, that'll really be hilarious.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3206752;
    Wonder what else she has in her bag of tricks? Maybe fart/incontinance jokes or perhaps take her dentures out and stick them in someone's face. Yeah, that'll really be hilarious.
    I'd rather not find out. Hopefully this will be the last week of Cloris. Both dance styles this week are latin so she's going to butcher it. I think it'd be unfair for someone else to go home ahead of her. Even Kim K. And I never thought I'd want her sticking around (though I certainly won't be sorry to see her go). But whether this is a popularity contest or a TV show before it's a dance contest, I'd like to see the stars have some potential and not just flop around the floor or drag their partners around (that's all I remember about Master P.-him dragging poor Ashly all over the floor). John, Billy Ray, and Jerry, as bad as they were, seemed to at least try and I thought deep down in there somewhere there was some dancing ability. But at least they didn't cuss the judges out and try to be funny if they got a low score.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3206060;
    I couldn't agree more! The whole thing is pissing me off to be honest. I said since they announced her, and I stick by it: She should NOT be on the show. Period.

She is not funny at all, she is annoying to watch & listen to. And I think Corky is getting a bit fed up with her too.

And, I agree with you. Cloris's antics are sickening. I do not think they are funny. I am very annoyed and I can not wait to see her go. She is like one of those out to lunch relatives you invite to a family outing, no one really wants that person around.

Well she is not my cup of tea that's for sure.
    Okay at first she was funny but she wants to be the center of the attention all the time and I do not find her funny anymore.

Too bad that Ted who danced so much better than she did, had to leave the competiton.

I am sure more will follow cause it seems there are Americans who do love her and do not care that she cannot dance at all.

I know that she's known as a comedian, but I've been rather surprised with her antics. I actually met her once about three years ago in Vancouver when my group from work was staying at the same hotel as her. We had stopped to talk to the concierge about where to eat dinner, and she needed help with some show tickets or something so she was waiting in line behind us. We got to talking to her a bit. Later that evening, she ended up at the same restaurant, a little French place that the concierge had highly recommended to us, and we had told her about it. She was sweet, elegant and completely classy. Nothing like what we're seeing on TV.

FORT Fogey

I think that what we are seeing on TV is her public persona - kind of like the fake personality we're seeing from Susan Lucci is her public persona. I think she was cast by the producers for her "what on earth will she say next" personality and not for some belief that she'd be a great dancer, and I'm entertained by it. But then again, I was also totally entertained by Adam Carolla's anctics as well. I can appreciate why she's not everyone's cup of tea. But to me, one of the nice things about the way they case DWTS is that there's something thrown in there for everyone. I've never much cared for most of the Disney stars that they cast, but there are others in there who entertain me, so it's not that big a deal.

FORT Regular

I am so weary about her Paso tonight. Is it going to be similar to Adam's Paso last season? I can already picture Cloris riding a unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3207573;
    I am so weary about her Paso tonight. Is it going to be similar to Adam's Paso last season? I can already picture Cloris riding a unicycle
    I'm already getting a headache imagining what she'll pull tonight.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread